Pics of Relaxed Styles for SL-APL lengths?

cocoagirl

If I put my hair in a ponytail one more &^%^* time! lol. Due to a couple of bad relaxers I have straight/textured/straight SL-APL hair which prevents me from wearing it down -wrap like. That plus the fact that my hair doesn't hold a curl + it's summertime, seems the only hairstyle I can muster up is a ponytail and I am beyond sick of this style. Can y'all post some "down" hairstyles (pin curled, curled, straight, side swept, anything but a ponytail, lol) that you wear so that I/others going thru this can get some inspiration and ideas in this piece? Please and Thank You..

sunnieb

Great thread!

Whew! I'm am so style-challenged, but here are some of mine (just ignore the ponytail in my siggy! :giggle:)

Braidout and then do a half up/half down look held with a flexi 8 clip:

Bantu knot out with a half up/half down:

Put in 4 bantu knots in the front, kept the back straight, swooped sides back and held with a clip:

I'm a bunner at heart, so I gotta add this one:

Braidout and then put in a Southern Tease Bun:

LoveTheSkinImIn

Hope this helps. It's nothing fancy though. My staples were twistouts and rollersets and variations of those. I rarely protective styled.

Last edited:

cocoagirl

sunnieb, ya I do braidouts sometimes for variety
LOVEtheskin, I wish I could so some cornrows so I can do some on the side like ur first pice, cute!
Nix08, I like that last pic looking like a pouffant bun, do you have a tut on that?
BeBe, how do you do a air dry wrap? just wrap and let airdry with no heat at all? how long does that take and does your hair get straight or do you bump it afterwards? For your rollerwraps, once you dry wrap, how do you maintain the curl and do you sleep with hair wrapped or pincurled?

Hell maybe I just need some color in my life, I think i'm just bored with my hair

bebezazueta

cocoagirl for my wet wrap I DCed with JBCO, skala ceramides condiah & Vo5 moisture milks (no poo) and leave ins were HE LTR, aphoghee pro vitamin and aphoghee keratin green tea. I let air dry hanging straight down to 50% with a satin scarf tied to keep the edges smooth. Then I wrap half air dried hair and smooth really good and tie with satin scarf overnite. The pic was my result. For my roller wraps. I use small rollers and I use a wide tooth comb to wrap hair to preserve the curl. HTH! HHG!

nickpoopie thanks girl!

Nonie

This isn't between SL and APL but rather just having made it to SL.

Somewhat protective. Crossed the ends over as if doing a cross wrap and tucked them under the hair and pinned into place:

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
@sunnieb, ya I do braidouts sometimes for variety
@LOVEtheskin, I wish I could so some cornrows so I can do some on the side like ur first pice, cute!
@Nix08, I like that last pic looking like a pouffant bun, do you have a tut on that?
@BeBe, how do you do a air dry wrap? just wrap and let airdry with no heat at all? how long does that take and does your hair get straight or do you bump it afterwards? For your rollerwraps, once you dry wrap, how do you maintain the curl and do you sleep with hair wrapped or pincurled?

Hell maybe I just need some color in my life, I think i'm just bored with my hair

cocoagirl that was done with a mini banana clip:yep: Sorry no tut's but you comb up your hair, put your banana clip in horizontally then wrap, tuck and pin as you would any other bun:grin: Hopefully that was clear....

NIN4eva

I sleep in satin covered sponge rollers or just one of the larger plumb flexi-rods, then do the half up/half down style or a top knot doughnut bun. I can't do ponytails because they cause easy breakage for me.

Lately when I'm really pressed in the morning or I was too lazy/sleepy to put in my rollers, I part my hair down the middle front to nape, twist (not like a twist out, I just twirl the length around my fingers) the two halves, cross wrap and secure them with two barrettes, then bump my bangs (they're just touching the end of my nose) with hot rollers for 3-5 min. People seem to like it and I don't have to fuss with my hair throughout the day. It's really hard for me not being able to resort to the ponytail...