I Orderd a Flat Iron and This is what I Received...

I ordered the Hana Elite from Missiko.com on Sunday and it was here by Tuesday. I will be testing it out later tonight but first I wanted to show you what it came with. I knew they showered you with extras from watching YT reviews but this is seriously NUTS lol. They really know how to make a girl happy to open a box :lol:. Review coming later today, I have tried many irons so I have a lot to compare this to, still it's only real competitor for me being the Sedu (I have 2 and they're both out of order)...

all_1_length

You think that's nuts? When I ordered 2 Hanna Elites and a Hanna blow dryer I received so much stuff that when I picked up my box from UPS I couldn't believe how heavy it was. :lol: Imagine what you got X10.

HauteHippie

They always do such a good job! Out of every extra in the box (besides the shine shield), the nail file ended up being the one I was most thankful for!

Hope you enjoy your Elite! It's definitely one of the best!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

HauteHippie

You think that's nuts? When I ordered 2 Hanna Elites and a Hanna blow dryer I received so much stuff that when I picked up my box from UPS I couldn't believe how heavy it was. :lol: Imagine what you got X10.

Dag! I don't blame them! You were dropping some dough!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

winona

I know I <3 Missiko.com. I accidently only ordered the Hana Elite flat iron instead of the package and called them to switch it. They had the absolute best customer service ever:)

blondemane

I order my flat iron from here too and got the same thing. I felt like it was a valentine's day gift or something lol. And by the way the flat iron works great. I have the same one!

iri9109

at first i just looked at the pics and didnt see the flat iron box and thought thats what they sent you instead of the iron lol...i was about to say oh hale naw...

spelmanlocks

My DH bought me a Hana Elite for Christmas and it came with a bunch of goodies including a Pez candy dispenser with candy:lick:

AuNaturalMaMa

Thanks. I'm in the market for a new flat iron (even though I rarely use heat). My sister wants me to hurry cause I'll be passing my CHI down to her. I cant wait to read your review.

ETA: Yall sent me to the wrong site!!! :lachen:I typed in www.missiko.com and came to some kind of bakery site! I'm like I want flat irons not cupcakes! Its www.misikko.com

Last edited:

QBOE2001

^^ FYI he just annouced a tour....he'll be playing in NY late september right after the new album drops

@SerenavanderWoodsen

WOW!!!! makes me want to order something.

your cool points just went up a thousand more points with me cause you know who lindsey buckingham is.
@empressri :lol:. I seriously think I'm in love with him. I LOVE Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac but I like Lindsey in a personal way :look:. Too bad it's not the 70s and he's old now and doesn't have a fro and beard anymore, I wish men would wear facial hair more :(.
^^ FYI he just annouced a tour....he'll be playing in NY late september right after the new album drops
Really? I'm in NY. I just might go see him! I LOVE him (well, the old him anyway lol).

I'm back with my review :).
This iron is wonderful! It's extremely lightweight which sort of bothered me a bit but allowed me to straighten the finest hairs on my head without ripping. I realized that the reason most irons do not work is that they are too heavy and get stuck on my fine hair. This iron is light compared to the Sedu even and that's saying something since the Sedu is lightweight compared to most irons. It seems to get very hot even at 370 compared to my other irons. Sedu at 410 did not feel as hot as this one or other irons I've tried strangely. My roots strayed straight and did not frizz up as usual the next day so I think this one is a keeper. It's a gentle, stress free iron. My hair felt a bit drier right after strangely than when I used other irons but the next day it's like silk....

Here are my reviews of other irons I've tried over the years.
Hot Tools -before I knew anything about flat irons- straightened pretty well but metal or copper plates are no good for hair...
Conair- also before I knew about irons. Just no.
Babyliss- this is Conair under another name lol as is Jilere De Paris and Wigo... not awful and not great...
Wigo- if I recall it was a snagger so I had to quit it...
Solano- I bought a scissor style Solano Sapphire iron... definitely a decent iron. Idk about scissor style irons though.
Solia- snagger, sent it back right away.. I will NOT tolerate snagging.
CHI- I got the CHI turbo. It's a bit snaggy and just not great but I'd say it's good as irons go.
Pro Select- I got duped into buying this at at the mall from Israelis. They told me it was made in Europe lol and I fell for it and had to go back and get it because it seemed to straighten well but when I got it home SNAG CITY!!
Sedu- YES, PERFECTION AT LAST. The wonderfulness seemed to deteriorate over time, I suspect because it wouldn't heat so well. Overall it the THEE best I have ever tried. No snagging at all! The plates are like glass and it's made so that it does not snag my hair at all.
Sedu Revolution- FAIL. If I remember it was a snagger. Shame on Sedu! Sent it back.
Just tried these this week since my Sedu's are broken and I don't like my CHI.
Rusk Str8 CTC iron: Just not smooth enough for me . I don't like Titanium...
Cortex- claims to have 100% ceramic plates. Was a bit snaggy but overall a decent iron. I think coarse hair would love this one. It also came in a set with a tiny baby iron and a clip, the baby was so cute lol. I returned it all though.

Last edited:

Dizz

Roses!! Are they trying to seduce you?! :lachen:

Hope you enjoy it! Everything looks great! :)

what are the things in the heart shaped box?
WyrdWay I think they're bath soaker thingies. They smell YUMMY. I think they're some kind of soap that melts.

at first i just looked at the pics and didnt see the flat iron box and thought thats what they sent you instead of the iron lol...i was about to say oh hale naw...
I didn't see this post before. :rofl:, well then I would not have been very pleased LOL! Spending over $220 for some fun fluff and junk lol.

I fee that for thick stranded curly hair that retains it's pattern well that the Hane Elite may not be ideal. I feel like this iron is more for fine haired ladies that lose curl easily by stretching the hair out. It is incredibly lightweight. Other irons are heavier and the weight makes it easier to straighten stubborn curls but on wimpy, frizzy hair such as my own the weight will pull and tug and break the hair which is why I need an iron like the Hana Elite. I think the Sedu was a perfect weight but unfortunately it didn't seem to keep my hair straight so well. So I definitely recommend this to fine haired ladies but maybe not so much for thicker hair. I wish it was just a tiny bit weightier.

Last edited:
:rofl:!!! Craziness, I thought what I got was a TON, I felt like a greedy child sitting in a midst of goodies. I can't imagine getting that x10 :rofl:.