Kenya Moore

mona_cherie

So I was reading Kenya Moore's Twitter, she gave her followers some hair advice (no heat, weekly deep conditioning, no relaxers, exercise for increased circulation, etc.). Well, it looks like she may be coming out with a line of hair products (a follower asked her what conditioner she recommends and she replied "mine when it comes out, but for now use pantene in the bronze bottle).

Anyway, I thought it was interesting and a smart move. I don't think I would purchase her products, but I know a lot of women who admire her hair would.

LayneJ

That is a very smart move! I LOVE Kenya Moore's hair! I had no idea she was natural either.

I would most likely purchase her products granted that the ingredients (and the prices :look:) are right. I have my staples but I wouldn't mind supporting a sista's business.

westNDNbeauty

First Ali got a product line, now Kenya....whose next?? :look:

Definitely not mad at the financially wise move they are both making.

mona_cherie

Its a good idea but what took her so long to think of it?

That's what I was thinking. I know she was a spokesmodel for Pantene when she won Miss USA, but that was a long time ago. After that Pantene contract was over I would have been on it.

I wish more of these Black celebs would capitalize off the beauty market. Like if Halle or Gabby (Union) or even Meagan Good launched a skincare line (that was actually good) they could make a killing. Its a multi-billion dollar industry and I think its sad others are making money off us.
That's why I love Iman. I don't purchase her products regularly, but I did buy her beauty book and a couple of her glosses/lipsticks years ago and they were pretty good products. She was a smart one.

MizzBrown

I wouldnt buy her line b/c that's NOT what she's been using for the past 15 yrs that made us admire her hair so much.

After her Pantene contract, she said she STILL uses Pantene. I'd sooner pick up that bottle than try her new stuff.

I think its funny when people come up with new lines of haircare that they havent used in the past 10 years to make THEIR hair look great. I want what they've been using BEFORE they decided to make a line.

MzSwift

Love her hair. I wish her the best!

I wonder if she delayed because there wasn't much interest in natural hair care in the past. Now, with more ladies taking the natural route, she may feel that she has a market.

I dunno, her products may not even be marketed toward natural women but it's just a thought.

SmileyNY

You can get your hair really silky and straight with a roller set done on large rollers and air dried.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using SCH-I400

Really silky straight, huh? On what hair type? If that works for some, awesome. I'd love to see a tutorial. I'm almost certain my hair would laugh at that method (and I'm texlaxed!). However, if it really works on natural hair, then I'd love to stand corrected & would certainly give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

kblc06

Really silky straight, huh? On what hair type? If that works for some, awesome. I'd love to see a tutorial. I'm almost certain my hair would laugh at that method (and I'm texlaxed!). However, if it really works on natural hair, then I'd love to stand corrected & would certainly give it a try.

SmileyNY
My hair is type 3/4a and my hair gets pretty darn silky and straight from a good rollerset and wrap. The hairstyle in my avatar was created from a wet rollerset and I've posted the following threads before:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=499514

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=497518

I posted a tutorial in my fotki : http://public.fotki.com/kblc06/new-hair-year-2-jan/wet-rollerset-tutor/

SmileyNY

SmileyNY
My hair is type 3/4a and my hair gets pretty darn silky and straight from a good rollerset and wrap. The hairstyle in my avatar was created from a wet rollerset and I've posted the following threads before:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=499514

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=497518

I posted a tutorial in my fotki : http://public.fotki.com/kblc06/new-hair-year-2-jan/wet-rollerset-tutor/

I'm not big on hair typing, but i can see this possibly working on 3a hair. My hair is not 3a lol. I only straighten my hair twice a year for length checks. Maybe I'll give it a try for the next time, but I doubt it would work for me. Even though my hair is texlaxed, it is still very thick (I love it, but I have A LOT of hair lol). I'm also a stretcher so... we shall see.

I still doubt that air dry roller setting is a "silky straight" option for most.

kblc06

@SmileyNY Umm, did you look at my album- I'm not a 3a either :look: :lol:, neither is Mahoganycurls. My hair is pretty dense as well and when I first when natural, I had no clue that I'd still be able to rollerset my hair when I went completely natural. I still get the same result when airdried, it just takes it 2 full days to dry - not happening again. :nono:
I'm not big on hair typing, but i can see this possibly working on 3a hair. My hair is not 3a lol. I only straighten my hair twice a year for length checks. Maybe I'll give it a try for the next time, but I doubt it would work for me. Even though my hair is texlaxed, it is still very thick (I love it, but I have A LOT of hair lol). I'm also a stretcher so... we shall see.

I still doubt that air dry roller setting is a "silky straight" option for most.

Last edited:

SmileyNY

@SmileyNY Umm, did you look at my album- I'm not a 3a either :look: :lol:, neither is Mahoganycurls. My hair is pretty dense as well and when I first when natural, I had no clue that I'd still be able to rollerset my hair when I went completely natural. I still get the same result when airdried, it just takes it 2 full days to dry - not happening again. :nono:

Pardon me! :lol: Like I said, I'm not big on hair typing lol. I'm not 3 anything. Let's just say my hair is a lot bigger & denser.

Whatever the case, I think your air dried roller set looks awesome :yep: I just don't think it would work as well for most.... But I'm most definitely willing to give it a try. I'm due for a length check in July.

kim

I remember her saying years ago that she was coming out with a product line. I wonder why it is taking so long? She also said that she has used Pantene products since she was a child.

Chrissy811

That's what I was thinking. I know she was a spokesmodel for Pantene when she won Miss USA, but that was a long time ago. After that Pantene contract was over I would have been on it.

I wish more of these Black celebs would capitalize off the beauty market. Like if Halle or Gabby (Union) or even Meagan Good launched a skincare line (that was actually good) they could make a killing. Its a multi-billion dollar industry and I think its sad others are making money off us.
That's why I love Iman. I don't purchase her products regularly, but I did buy her beauty book and a couple of her glosses/lipsticks years ago and they were pretty good products. She was a smart one.

ITA with the bold. And one great thing about her products is its hard not to find a color that is right for your skin, it seems she realizes brown is not just brown but it comes in many different levels of pigmentation.

Imani

She is gorgeous and so is her hair. I doubt I'd buy her product line though, but I wish her luck with it.

BillsBackerz67

IDK why but I cant see Kenya constantly rollersetting her hair for a sleek look. I was being faceticious when I asked how she gets her hair straight. Anywho her hair looks great regardless.

TLC1020

Always liked her hair but I won't purchase her products... Will stick with whats works for me....