One among many! (I finally joined!)

AuNaturalMaMa

Hi ladies! I am here to pay my homage to this wonderful forum. I have been lurking for many of years. Today as I stood in the mirror I realized I need to surscribe to this site and thank the many members who have helped me change my hair competely. Thank You!
My Story: I have always had long hair (looking for younger pics of me, sorry), I never had hard to manage hair my mom unfortunately had 5 girls and to make things easier she relaxed my hair when I was in the 3rd grade. It still was healthy and thrived. Once I got to middle school and began my own hair care I lost a lot of length and it became very unhealty up until I became pregnant with my son in 2008. I had horrible splitting ends that would be all over my clothes all over my pillow case basically everywhere. I had breakage further up. Even with regular visits to the salon my hair just was never healthy. I think the longest length I attained was APL but in reality it was SL cause of the damaged ends. Trust me, I could make it appear nice but I knew deep down inside that my hair was not healthy. I stumbled across this site in summer 2008 and realized I was doing the worst things to my hair and this whole time it was struggling to survive somewhat. I transitioned until April 2009 when I decided to have all the realxed ends cut off and I feel my hair has thrived since. I searched all my pictures that I did take over my journey (Ugh should have taken so much more) and have put together a short picture journey. I have been doing modifed curly girl since going natural, co wash every other day during the summer on the non wash days I bun, bun and braid during the winter, satin pillowcase and hair cap at night. I only flatiron for special occasions. I just try to have fun with my hair but make sure I do it in a healty way. Thanks for listening.

May 2009 (1 month after cutting off my relaxed ends I wore it straight for a while visiting the salon since I was due in July and was too lazy to do my own hair)

September 2009

May 2010 (My camera was broken for a while so the reason for the long gap in pictures)

Today May 2011

AuNaturalMaMa

Thanks to everyone for making me feel so welcomed. Thank goodness for this site full of so many people who are willing to share their secrets and give advice and support.

Garner

Welcome!!! Your hair is beautiful! Love the pictures. How did you create the hairstyle of the last three?