Question for Cowashing Relaxed Ladies....

Do you maintain a protein/moisture balance while cowashing?

• Yes! I always alternate between protein and moisturizing conditioners.

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • I only cowash with moisturizing conditioners.

Votes: 20 43.5%
  • I only cowash with protein conditioners.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I cowash with whatever I happen to have on hand.

Votes: 7 15.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sunnieb

Do you try to keep up your protein/moisture balance with your cowashing conditioners?

I ran out of Garnier Length and Strength and haven't bothered to buy anymore since I have an over-supply of Herbal Essences LTR. I used to make a point to alternate between the Garnier and HE.

I've been cowashing with the HE LTR exclusively for the last month. My hair seems fine, and I'll eventually buy more Garnier.

Just wondering if anyone else tries to keep the balance with their cowashing or do you cowash with whatever you happen to have on hand?

D.Lisha

I do :yep: I alternate between using the V05 Herbal Escapes Strengthening Condition and the V05 Moisture Milks Moisturizing Conditioner. I will admit that I have been slacking up with alternating between the two as I should. I usually just grab which ever one is closer. But from here on out I will write a detailed schedule in my "hair diary" to make SURE that I'm alternating them as I should!

AlliCat

Most of my cowash conditioners are moisturizing but a couple contain some protein. I use whatever i feel like using at the time regardless of what's in it. Basically I let my deep conditioning and protein treatments handle the protein/moisture balance

IMFOCSD

I cowash with pantene relaxed & natural, herbal essence hello hydration, garnier fructis fortifying mask and roux porosity control.

SpicyPisces

3 Years Natural
Most of the time I forget to alternate and usually use a moisturizing conditioner. However, I actually cowashed with a protein conditioner today so I feel a little better :yep:. I think as long as you pay attention to how your hair feels and you go from there, you shouldn't have a problem.

Sent from my Sidekick 4G using LHCF

EbonyCPrincess

I didn't see the option I really wanted which is I co-wash with moisturizing conditioners that contain a little protein. Moisture Milks and Mane n' Tail Original. I do notice that I need more protein DC's when I co-wash regularly...great thread OP!

EbonyCPrincess

Most of my cowash conditioners are moisturizing but a couple contain some protein. I use whatever i feel like using at the time regardless of what's in it. Basically I let my deep conditioning and protein treatments handle the protein/moisture balance

I could've just said THIS ^^^. :lachen:

ProfectivGirl

Most of the conditioners I cowash with are already balanced so I never feel like I am doing too much protein or too much moisture. My staple conditioners are Profectiv MegaGrowth Growth Conditioner (I use this to cowash and dc), and any conditioner from Silk Elements if I run out of Profectiv. Both allways leave my hair very soft, manageable with no build up or greasy feeling.

Toy

I now use reconstrutors once a week and i condition/deep condition twice a week.

Fyne

ORS Replenishing Pak + ORS Replenishing Condish - Not sure if it has protein in it but really moisturizes my hair. I DC once a week and I do a deep protein treatment every 6 weeks.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I now use reconstrutors once a week and i condition/deep condition twice a week.

This.:yep:

For Co-Washing, I'll use either a Moisturizing Conditioner (since I use a weekly reconstructor and/or light weekly Protein Rx)

or a Conditioner with a Balance of Moisture/Protein :yep:

sunnieb

DDTexlaxed I pulled this info from Sistaslick's article:

Moisturizing shampoos -

Examples: Crème of Nature (red and green label) Shampoo, Neutragena Triple Moisture Cream Lather Shampoo, Softsheen Breakthru Shampoo , Dax Vegetable Oil Shampoo, Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo, Design Essentials Moisture Retention Conditioning Shampoo, Aveda Sap Moss Shampoo, Queen Helene Mint Julep Shampoo, Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo, Aubrey Organics, Abba Creme Moist shampoo, Neutrogena Triple Moisture Shampoo, Elasta QP creme conditioning shampoo, Jason Natural, Salon Selectives Completely Drenched

The only protein shampoo that I know of is Motions CPR.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Right Now I'm Cowashing with Hairveda's MoistPRO (a Balancer of Protein & Moisture), but I still do my weekly light/med reconstructive treatment.:yep:

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
I've upped my co washing to almost daily:yep: Since doing that I now use Millcreek Biotin conditioner when I want to add a little more protein maybe once a week and also do a protein treatment during my DC. I only use reconstructors/light proteins.

HauteHippie

I cowash once a week with Giovanni Smooth as Silk and Mane and Tail Original mixed together. I've been doing this for about a month and my hair feels so nice and strong. I DC about every 10 - 14 days with ORS Replenishing Pak

ETA: Cowashing about twice a week now that my hair is not in a sew in.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I'm fairly new at this cowashing thing but I'm liking it thus far. I'm currently alternating moisture (Hairveda Moisture Conditioner 24/7) and balance of m/p (Hairveda MoistPro). I'll move to using up some Bear Fruit Hair when Hairveda runs out.

I achieve the most moisture from my DC sessions. My hair is protein finicky and I limit myself to one protein item weekly be it a reconstructor, protein cowash or protein LI. More than once a week has a tendency to cause breakage.

kupenda

I cowash with whatever is around. I believe moisture milks has protein. But I also have tea therapy. I use hairveda's acai berry phyto once a week if I remember though

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF