.::Update/Rant-->Feel like throwing this "hhj" out the window!!!!:::.

D.Lisha

Ok ladies...........
Idk wtf is going on with this head of hair of mine......
but I'm feelin like i'm about to be OVER this hair care sh!t!!!!!
Ok so here's the scoop:
yesterday I relaxed with ORS in regular.
We (me and mommy) executed out the relaxer session like normal
and added the mid-step protein treatment
My hair wasn't overly processed, nor was it too process..
It was just right :)
So what is the problem you might ask?
Well check out the bottom picture for the results:

ugh...jst look at it!
one side is CLEARLY longer than the other by a few inches
My ends are all BEAT UP!
:nono:
I was soooo disappointed you guys!
I already knew I was going to need my ends trimmed....
Luckily I brought a pair of professional shears, and asked mommy to do the honors......here are the results:

I'll admit...it does look a WHOLE LOT better...but it doesn't feel like my hair grew much =/
check out this pic form my previous relaxer (november 2010)

Not much of a difference, is there?
:wallbash:

*sigh*
If everything would have went right...I'm supposed to be closer to BSL right about now......ugh!!!
I am seriously ready to kick this "HHJ" thing to the curb =/
*feels down and distraught*
'Tis all ladies.......

Mystic

Awww, I am so sorry about your set back. It really does suck when you get set backs but, the trim looks good. Your hair looks thicker, and as long as you can identify what caused the breakage in the first place, you will fine. In a year or so, this will be a distant memory and hopefully your hair will be where you want it to be then.

Curly Luul

Honestly I think your hair looks really healthy after your trim. Don’t be so hard on your self! Your hair did grow but you needed to trim it to keep it nice and healthy. would you rather have longer unhealthy hair or healthy hair that will grow?

ps:: Your hair has a healthy shine to it. x

Evolving78

don't give up! something happened prior to your touchup. what is your current regimen? what styles do you wear?

keepithealthy

Awwe I'm sorry to hear how your feeling. Sometimes this HHJ can be stressful. But don't give up. Just be patient and continue to find out what your hair does and doesn't like. I'm not relaxed so I really can not give you any tips in that area but I just wanted to leave something encouraging.

:bighug: :bighug:

reeko43

Hang in there. This can be part of your documentation of your hair journey when you reach your goal length to encourage others going through the same.

D.Lisha

Awww, I am so sorry about your set back. It really does suck when you get set backs but, the trim looks good. Your hair looks thicker, and as long as you can identify what caused the breakage in the first place, you will fine. In a year or so, this will be a distant memory and hopefully your hair will be where you want it to be then.

Thanks for the encourage Mystic :)
I am really looking forward to bouncing back from this...smh.....
I guess it was just a shocker because I had my hopes all built up.

Honestly I think your hair looks really healthy after your trim. Don’t be so hard on your self! Your hair did grow but you needed to trim it to keep it nice and healthy. would you rather have longer unhealthy hair or healthy hair that will grow?

ps:: Your hair has a healthy shine to it. x

Thanks Curly Luu :)
I won't beat myself up too much *sigh*
I guess I gotta get over the initial shock of it all.

don't give up! something happened prior to your touchup. what is your current regimen? what styles do you wear?

That's excatly what I was thinking shortdub!
I'm flipping through old threads now trying to how my old methods differed from the new ones o_O

Awwe I'm sorry to hear how your feeling. Sometimes this HHJ can be stressful. But don't give up. Just be patient and continue to find out what your hair does and doesn't like. I'm not relaxed so I really can not give you any tips in that area but I just wanted to leave something encouraging.

:bighug: :bighug:

Thanks Keepithealthy :)
I will do my best to be as patient as possible, with it all lol.
I won't let this old me down for long :yep:!

Aireen

NOOOOO! My poor hair buddy! :cry: :cry: :cry:

This is the time you need to stick with your hair and fight through, nurture your hair the most! Maybe there was something you were doing before that you didn't take into consideration that led to this? You didn't relax from root to tip right? (<- Sorry just making sure.)

Your hair's not bad though, a little uneven but it's not horrid. Your hair journey is a learning experience so take this little setback and get inspired to be consistent with every intricate step in your hair routine. I believe in you, this is just a small bump in the road; you'll get through it and your hair will turn out better than ever. :grin:

smwrigh3

Please dont give up! I got the best advice on this board once when I felt like giving up..

Y give up when things it better with time... and time is going to go on whether you care about you hair or not!

song_of_serenity

Were you stretching? Any styles that may have caused tension in the area before the relaxer? Did you see if the area looked "fine" before the relaxer and then broken off after?

Set backs suck, but your mum did a great job with the trim. I know "it'll grow back better than ever" seems so cliche during set back threads but once you identify the cause, it'll be very true!

D.Lisha

NOOOOO! My poor hair buddy! :cry: :cry: :cry:

This is the time you need to stick with your hair and fight through, nurture your hair the most! Maybe there was something you were doing before that you didn't take into consideration that led to this? You didn't relax from root to tip right? (<- Sorry just making sure.)

Your hair's not bad though, a little uneven but it's not horrid. Your hair journey is a learning experience so take this little setback and get inspired to be consistent with every intricate step in your hair routine. I believe in you, this is just a small bump in the road; you'll get through it and your hair will turn out better than ever. :grin:

Awww
Thanks for the input Hair buddy! :bighug:
And naw i didn't relax from root to tip lol. The thing was...I actually applied some coconut oil to my previous relaxed ends to help protect them......things still went LEFT even after i took that extra precautionary step :(
It's all good thought, I won't let it get the best of me for too long, jst like you said, I will make sure I nurture my hair with the up-most care!
Time to put my sulfur to good use! lol.

This is a random question [anyone can answer] (which i've asked several times, but never got an answer to..frm what I remember):
Now with that Sulfur concoction....is that mixture is supposed to be washed out (shortly after) it is applied to the scalp (maybe a couple of hours, or so)? Or is it something that doesn't have to be washed out immediately?

EllePixie

Awww
And naw i didn't relax from root to tip lol. The thing was...I actually applied some coconut oil to my previous relaxed ends to help protect them......things still went LEFT even after i took that extra precautionary step :(
It's all good thought, I won't let it get the best of me for too long, jst like you said, I will make sure I nurture my hair with the up-most care!

This is a random question [anyone can answer] (which i've asked several times, but never got an answer to..frm what I remember):
Now with that Sulfur concoction....is that mixture is supposed to be washed out (shortly after) it is applied to the scalp (maybe a couple of hours, or so)? Or is it something that doesn't have to be washed out immediately?

I would leave my sulfur in overnight on my scalp only. But what I started noticing is that my roots seemed drier than the rest of my hair, which doesn't make sense b/c the "new" hair closest to your sebum should be moisturized. Also my hair would mat at the roots and when I would detangle I'd get more breakage than what was optimal to me (like, if I see more than two broken hairs when I'm detangling I'm mad). I think the sulfur was leaking onto my roots and drying my hair out, and I used it everyday. So to test, I stopped using my oil and my roots already look much shinier and lush. Also, since I'm not trying to wash out MTG every morning I can stretch my wngs so I'm not manipulating my hair daily.

Aireen

Awww

I think when you overcome this, you'll be even more grateful and your hair will look even BETTER with the extra attention. It's a blessing in disguise if you think about it. :bighug:

I don't really know the answer to your question, I would assume people — ETA: Never mind, I'll let EllePixie handle your question. :lol:

Last edited:

NYAmicas

Seeker
Seriously, Im sure you'll be meeting BSL this year. Especially with those fresh cut ends! Dont give up.

afrochique

I'm sorry about this DLisha. I hope it won't be too much for you to keep some kind of journal listing what you're doing to your hair and the effects. You could also list what you were doing before your relaxer and how your hair reacted and compare to what you are doing now that you have relaxed your hair and how it reacts. HTH.
You will back, longer and healthier! Hugs!! ))))