Bunning Challenge for 2011.

curlycrocheter

IDK if anyone wants to join me but I'm on a mission for 2011. :gorgeous:

The challenge rules are very simple.

1) You must bun your hair at the very least for 5 days a week. Six is recommended. Seven is HIGHLY preferred :look:
2)You are allowed 1 non-day off pass per month. Ex: If you choose to bun for 5 days, you will have 1 additional day off per month.

The challenge will run from 1/1/11 thru 12/31/11.

If you want to join please state your:

Name:
Starting length:
Method of bunning: e.g. wet bunning, bunning on dry hair, bunning in twists, bunning under a wig or phony pony etc.
# of days you will be bunning:
Starting Pic:

Let's make 2011 a great year for retention! HHG everyone!

List of Challengers:
Diadall
wheezy807
janda
HijabiFlygirl
Kusare
NaturalBeauty<3
CB1731
Luscious850
givemecurls
sunnieb
BlessedRN prof
curlycrocheterl
TeeWhyAre
rockstar
mane_attraxion
MsSonya
Stunner09
topnotch1010
Lady Esquire
readyone
ladylo
wavezncurlz
loverain
Missladie
BlackDiamond1
dede1129
TruMe
zeeonthegrow
prissymum1908
asiasoleil
mostamaziing
BGT
caramelcupcake
haleeJ
omegawife5
Lucia
TLC1020
lolascurls
allicat
ronnieaj

Qtee
greenandchic
Darenia
melissa-bee
keedah
miss b haven
ijanei

Last edited:

LaFemmeNaturelle

Great challenge. Would LOVE to join but I've just realized that I hate how fat my face looks when my hair is pulled back so until I get to my goal weight, I'll have to forgo the protective styling:sad:

diadall

I am interested. I am bunning now. I am about taking things step by step so I am going to sign up for January and see what happens. Its hard to bun when you love hair as much as I do. Yay!

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Long Hair Care Forum App

wheezy807

Sure, i'm in! All i do is bun alwayz, lol.

Name: Wheezy807
Starting length: MBL
Method of bunning: bunning on dry hair
# of days you will be bunning: seven days a week
Starting Pic: I'll add it before 1/1/11

janda

I want in too. I've been bunning almost everyday since June. I will continue indefinitely.

Minty

Let's go ladies!

Current length, CBL with light layers.

Name: HijabiFlygirl
Starting length: Collarbone
Method of bunning: wet & dry bun (with baggy most nights)
# of days you will be bunning: seven days a week

Fhrizzball

1) You must bun your hair at the very least for 5 days a week. Six is recommended. Seven is HIGHLY preferred :look:
2)You are allowed 1 non-day off pass per month. Ex: If you choose to bun for 5 days, you will have 1 additional day off per month.

Name:Kusare
Starting length: APL

Method of bunning: Buns under scarves, Twistout and Braidout buns, rollerset buns, and buns in twists
# of days you will be bunning: 5-7
Starting Pic: Will post when I straighten my hair for Christmas

Let's make 2011 a great year for retention! HHG everyone!

I've been waiting for someone to start up a bun challenge.

NaturalBeauty<3

I am sooooooooooo IN! :grin:
Tryna make Waistlength by August. I wanna be Pocahontas for Halloween... :look:
:lachen:
Its sad, really, the things that motivate me.

I bun daily. I normally cowash daily too...but its in the 30s in Georgia. Not happening til summer. I might take a break, straighten my hair out and wear it down......once every 2 months. But if its not Valentines day...(throwing him a bone...bahahahahahaha literally!!! :lachen::look:) or my bday (May 30th).....I'm in.

Name: NaturalBeauty
Starting length:
BSB Length
Method of bunning: wet bunning & bunning on dry hair....maybe lightly blowdrying...moisturizing and sealing ends since I'm trying to defeat ssks.
# of days you will be bunning: most likely 7
Starting Pic: In siggie :yep:

Also...I might get a little reckless after I hit Waistlength......hair swangin down my back n all...........
Jus a lil warnin...yall might not see me for a month:grin:
I'll come back, tho....when I remember Pocahontas definitely had classic length hair.:lick:

Last edited:

starofsouth

I'm interested but I was always under the impression that putting your hair in a ponytail or bun can break your hair off. How are you all avoiding this?

CB1731

Name:CB1731
Starting length:APL (longest layer almost BSL)
Method of bunning: mostly wet bunning, bunning on dry hair
# of days you will be bunning:7

Luscious850

Name: Luscious850
Starting length: Full NL
Method of bunning: both wet and dry bunning
# of days you will be bunning:7
Starting Pic:

Mrs. Verde

I'm interested but I was always under the impression that putting your hair in a ponytail or bun can break your hair off. How are you all avoiding this?
This is correct. In order to avoid this the bun will need to be different everyday to avoid breakage. For example, donut bun one day. The next do a braid bun in a different position on the head. I also would take the bun down as I got home. I would also keep the buns loose to avoid tension at the edges.

curlycrocheter

Yay!! Fellow Challengers! Don't forget to post starting pics by January 1st. It's not required, but helpful.

Please feel free to share tips, tricks, especially styling tricks. Starofsouth, I use hair sticks/forks, goody spin pins, flexi 8s, and pelican clips to secure my buns. I actually haven't used a ponytail holder in 3 months. I have pics of holder-free buns in my blog in my siggy. There is also a thread about hair sticks, and a hair stick challenge (that I'm in as well).

HHG Everyone!!

SuchaLady

Thiis my issue as well. And I have trouble moving my buns around because I have to attempt to camouflauge an area that is thin due to eczema on my scalp. I may just do half and half. 2 weeks no bun, 2 weeks w/ bun

curlycrocheter

Thiis my issue as well. And I have trouble moving my buns around because I have to attempt to camouflauge an area that is thin due to eczema on my scalp. I may just do half and half. 2 weeks no bun, 2 weeks w/ bun

There are DEFINITELY other much healthier options for buns that don't include ponytails. :yep: Depending on length, I would say buy a few hair toys or some pins and play around with what works for you. A great place to start is Goody Spin Pins, you can get them from CVS or Walgreens for about $6.

curlycrocheter

I forgot to add my own info lol!

Name:jasmineml
Starting Length:roughly MBL
Method of bunning:I'll be bunning my curly hair dry, as well as flat ironed
Number of Days I'm Bunning:7 days a week

I'll post my pic when I straighten for Christmas. Let's keep 'em coming ladies!

givemecurls

OH yeah...finally a challenge I can support lol :) Name:Danni Starting Length:roughly APL??? Method of bunning:Curly hair, stretched hair (braid out, twist out) and flat ironed Number of Days I'm Bunning:5 days a week I would love to bun more like 6-7 days but for now I only know how to do one bun. Tips would be helpful **wink, wink**

sunnieb

Great Challenge! Count me in! :yep:

I bun 4 days a week anyway, so it'll be easy for me to bump this up to 5 days. Also, I've been stuck between APL and BSL for the longest! I'm ready to be BSL already! :spinning:

Name: sunnieb
Starting length: APL
Method of bunning: bunning on dry hair
# of days you will be bunning: 5 days a week
Starting Pic: Will post before 1/1/11

Off to youtube to find more cute buns for this challenge...........

curlycrocheter

What's everybody's goal for 2011? How do you think bunning is going to help you acomplish that goal? I'm curious because I hope to be wsl by December of '11 and I want healthy ends. I think ponytail-free bunning can help me reach that goal.

Luscious850

I would like to be apl by june 2011 so hopefully with bunning I can retain all of my growth. I grow about .75 - 1 inch per month (without growth aids) and I believe I'm about 5 inches away.

curlycrocheter

Danm that's some fast growth girl!! I WISH my hair grew that fast. The front grows waaaaay slower than the back. I'm about average.

I want in! I too have thin areas from lupus flares and I would like to give my hair a break from the heat and manipulation. I will add my picture in a few days.
Name BlessedRN prof
Starting length SL
MethodWet and Dry buns,
Number of days I'm bunning
HHG

Fhrizzball

OH yeah...finally a challenge I can support lol :) Name:Danni Starting Length:roughly APL??? Method of bunning:Curly hair, stretched hair (braid out, twist out) and flat ironed Number of Days I'm Bunning:5 days a week I would love to bun more like 6-7 days but for now I only know how to do one bun. Tips would be helpful **wink, wink**

What buns are you doing? I know there's an old natural hair bun thread around so you can try that out. I've been trying my hand at non ponytail buns and I find making a puff and bobbypinning it to a donut bun works as well as bunning with a bananna clip and pinning the ends under. I also do claw clips and pin the ends inside so that's something to try. Browsing around youtube may help as well. I'm always on a hunt for new buns to try out so I can't wait until my hair gets longer and I can try even more.