Where is my Thank You Button?

NYAmicas

Seeker
I think more changes are being done right now because earlier I couldnt even access the site at all. I see chat is missing right now as well. Im sure everything will be back like normal later on.

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
As you might know there has been some updates on this site recently and it will take a while before everything is in its proper place... I'm sure the thanks button will come back soon.

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
As you will all now see, there is a

Thank you
Dislike

feature. There are also statistics at the top right of every post :)

And what is this Mentioned that I hear you asking. If for instance someone mentions KayKay27 then that will increase KK27's mention count. The mentions operate the same way as in twitter.

Enjoy and remember: Abuse it and you will lose it (that is for the dislike button)

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
So quick question.
Does that mean that all the thank yous we have accumulated in the past are gone now?

No not at all. We had 5.5M thank you (yes 5.5 million) in the database and they are slowly being imported in the new modification. The counters will update at some point for everyone.

LittleLuxe

I'm a little nervous about the dislike button, lol, all those threads that get locked because someone goes off I can just see the 'dislikes' piling up. (especially in the relaxed/natural/wig/real wars, lol). Oh well, I hope everyone can be mature and that it doesn't turn ugly.

I'm going to stay positive, thanks for the updates. :)

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
On second thought - goodbye to the dislike button. I really don't need the headache to be quite frank with you :)

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
lol, I don't understand why people are scared of the dislike button.
So someone presses dislike. It's not gonna start a nuclear holocaust or anything.
People should be grown enough to not get butthurt over someone on the internet disliking their opinion.

I personally am excited about the dislike button...especially how it's not anonymous. :lachen:

ETA: AW MAN. :sad:

Last edited:

sleepflower

re: mentions.

So if in the middle of a thread, I wanted to ask someone something, I just use the @?

Like dimopoulos, is that how the mention works? Or @ soandso, I tried your recipe and it was delicious! Does it tell that person they've been mentioned?

I guess I am just wondering how it is different than quoting.

gimbap

lol, I don't understand why people are scared of the dislike button.
So someone presses dislike. It's not gonna start a nuclear holocaust or anything.
People should be grown enough to not get butthurt over someone on the internet disliking their opinion.

I personally am excited about the dislike button...especially how it's not anonymous. :lachen:

ETA: AW MAN. :sad:

Thank you. If other forums with grown women can use a dislike button correctly and not catch e-feelings, why can't the ladies of LHCF??? Is it really that big of a deal? But now because of people making speculations, he took it away :(

lijm83

As you will all now see, there is a

Thank you
Dislike

feature. There are also statistics at the top right of every post :)

And what is this Mentioned that I hear you asking. If for instance someone mentions KayKay27 then that will increase KK27's mention count. The mentions operate the same way as in twitter.

Enjoy and remember: Abuse it and you will lose it (that is for the dislike button)

Thank you for the updates.

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
Whew! I thought all my thanks were gone! Thanks Nikos for letting us know the wherebouts of the thanks button and the present updates taking place.

I personally am glad that there isn't going to be a dislike button. It reminds me too much of the star ranking system for threads that was put in place a couple years back. It distracted from the discussion because there were many people just randomly giving threads a low ranking cause they either didn't like the poster or wanted to make their thread more popular than the rest :rolleyes:

The same would eventually happen with the dislike button. There are REAL people posting in these forums with real feelings. Just because you haven't met the poster in real physical life doesn't mean that they shouldn't be treated with respect...it's the same reason why some members get banned. Everyone should feel welcome to discuss topics of all subjects without fear of being ridiculed and perhaps shunned or embarrassed by their opinions. If you like a post, then like it. If you don't, then leave it be.