Curl Definition Mission

ThickHair

I think your curls are definied as much as they are going to be. It's not a bad thing but that may be it.

ETA: What do you really want your hair to look like? Is it realistically possible?

Last edited:

ms_kenesha

I think it did a good job of defining your curl. Also, I'd change your hairtype to 4A, a 4B wouldn't be able to get any curl def. Also, the longer your hair gets the better you might like your curl def. :)

Tonya

Funny thing you started this...I was jsut about nto search for curl definition products. I am ready to try a wash and go on my hair. I am texturized/....what products besides Loosely Defined are there?

Mochalolita

Hey now!!!! Are we all forgetting Tracy's Wash and Go Recipe? I tried for YEARS to be able to wear a wash and go for more than 30 minutes with no success. Her method was the only one I've used that defined my curls/waves, and didn't frizz up AT ALL while I was wearing it :)

Hugs,
Crys

so1913

One thing to remember with natural hair, is to work with it and not against it. Your hair has a natural curl pattern, you will become disapointed with the results when trying to force it into another. I think the definition you've found looks great. You may also start to see more of a pattern as your hair grows longer. Just keep experimenting and learning your hair and it will be all good. =D

AllAboutTheHair

I pretty much agree with everyone else. I have my own "concoction" for curl definition....I am 4a/b...I use Worlds of Curls gel activator, Vitamin E FOTE aloe gel and as much castor oil as it takes to make the mixture solid white/cream color. All curly pudding is, is gel and oil mixed/whipped/blended together....there are some pics in my album of me and my hair with this in it. Picture 33 or 6 is the one with the added concoction...it dries the way it looks and then I spray with Oil Sheen by Isoplus. I rarely wear my hair out though. HTH!

adrienne0914

i guess i'm not sure what look you were going for, because your hair is beautiful to me... moisturized, shiny AND curly! what more could a girl ask for??? :)

i agree with what so1913 (hey girl!:wave: ) said. your curls look great, and i'm sure that as your hair gets longer, you'll see more of a curl pattern and definition...

PhonyBaloney500

Mochalolita said:
Hey now!!!! Are we all forgetting Tracy's Wash and Go Recipe? I tried for YEARS to be able to wear a wash and go for more than 30 minutes with no success. Her method was the only one I've used that defined my curls/waves, and didn't frizz up AT ALL while I was wearing it :)

Hugs,
Crys

What is said recipe? :)

Also, Cat--your hair looks good to me!

Kengne

CatSuga said:
MISSION 1: Fantasia IC Gel with Sparklelites
MISSION STATUS: FAILED!

Check the new pics. (The last 6)
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/catsugaxl/album?.dir=d665

It keeps the wet look, and it's not really that hard. All it does is make you look like you have a S-curl. Can anyone here recomend any curl defining products?

Hey gurl! That's what my head looked like when I BC'd 2 yrs ago...very pretty!

I understand your quest for that " ultimate curl-defining product ", bcuz I went through that very same stage. As a 4a/b I have certain parts of my head that take well to certain curl-defining products..and the rest of my hair just laughs at it! lol. Eventually...I learned to accept my hair for what it is...curl or no curl.

Love your natural hair as is! Not everyone will have "curl definition" like a 3a/b/c. Don't sweat it!

K.

angellazette

Can't recommend it as I have not tried it yet, but this is something I posted earlier...

Here's the website: http://www.vogueintl.com/products.asp The one I'm talking about is in the second row.

"Has anyone used this product? If so what were your results. It smells fruity and is a thin gel-like product.

The bottle reads:

"Reactivates curls, repairs frizziness & split ends. Curls Up is a non-chemical curl reactivator formulated especially for naturally curly, wavy, or permed hair. Curls Up instantly revitalizes dull, lifeless, frizzy curls by infusing vitamins and proteins, giving your curls greater definition, bounce and shine. Used continually, Curls Up actually reparis split-ends, eliminates frizziness and produces healthy, more vibrant hair."

Ingredients

Propylene Glycol, Cyclomethicone (and) Dimethiconol, Cyclomethicone, Keratin Protein, Phenyl Trimethicone, Silk Protein, Hexylene Glycol, Polyacrylamide (and) C13-014 Isoparaffin (and) Laureth-7, Purifed Water (Aqua), Chamomile Extract, Fragrance, (Parfum)"