Boredom+heat+shear= transition over (with pics)

Zaz

Boredom+heat+shears= transition over (with pics)

I was bored so I chopped my hair off today. My transition's been going pretty well and I straightened my hair for my birthday it was a lil past apl with the longest layer touching my bra. I figured no point hanging on to the relaxed ends for the length since I hardly ever flat iron my hair and wear it up or curly and short looking anyway.
I was all excited and went to show my brother, he looked up and didn't notice anything was different. After I pointed at my head he goes, 'oh you cut your hair, looks nice I guess' then went right back to the TV :lachen: Men... So I decided to start a thread to share my excitement.

I transitioned for a lil over a year, I used kinky curly's knot today and curling custard. And now, pictures!!!

Texture shots:

Stretched length:

Last edited:

blac_quarian

Been here from long time
Congratulation on your BC! Your hair look beautiful; welcome to the natural side (even though I haven't been here long myself...) :lachen:

Platinum

Congratulations on your BC!:clapping::bouncy: You've had some good growth! I think you're my hair twin!:yep: Welcome to the natural side. Very pretty!

omachine

The BC is a stunner! I know about the boredom factor, it's contagious. I snipped a bit tonight. But nothing like this, your hair looks absolutely gorgeous!!!

Zaz

Thanks everyone :grin:

girl we got the exact same texture, what does your hair look like down? lol

I'm not entirely certain yet. After I washed out the conditioner, it shrunk a lot and I had to step out so I put it up and I'll play with it more in the morning.

Tiye

Beautiful and you have so much hair already. Enjoy. (Believe me my brother wouldn't notice a thing either. I think it was years before he realized we no longer used perms).