Would you cut?

Nubenap22

Ive been transitioning for those of you who dont know.... Its been about a year :grin: and its been pretty decent but I'm thinking about cutting the relaxed ends off...the textures are totally different, thickness, behaviors and needs. I just confirmed my braid appointment for next week...So I'm like should I cut cut? Like snip 3 inches or more like .5-1 inch ehhh I dont know!!! WOULD YOU CUT THE RELAXED? Heres some pics please feel free to make ANY comments...

Pic 1- From today- blowed out and 1 quick pass from sedu a day ago.....hair laughed at me!!
2-Today also Hair laughing at me again!!:lachen:
3-Trying out KCCC on soaking wet hair
4-My braids from a few months ago...Going to same lady but smaller this time
5-Shrinkage from like 3 months ago

SO WHAT DO YALL THINK??? WOULD YOU CUT KNOWING YOU WOULD BE GETTING BRAID EXTENSIONS? OR JUST TRIM?

Attachments

• DSCN0339.jpg
    DSCN0339.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 82
  • DSCN0338.jpg
    DSCN0338.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCN0326.jpg
    DSCN0326.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 99
  • securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 97
  • DSCN0312.jpg
    DSCN0312.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 74

Platinum

Hey Nube! I believe I saw you the other day. How are your relaxed ends behaving? Are you having tangling issues? If so, you may want to chop. If not, I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm not much help, am I?:sekret:

JustSimplyTish

If I was personally getting braids ...I would snip.....you will not miss it under braids....because you will still have the length with braids....But it is such a personal decision....It's easier said than done for some...It was easy for me and I have no braids..I was seriously more concerned about protecting my natural healthy hair than my relaxed ends...

But give it thought and do what you feel will work best for you and your hair...you have some good growth btw

ycj1

I know yr situation, believe me I do. And from looking at yr pics I would say chop now. Reason being is once the braids are in and you keep them in for a period of time you will definitely see more growth, and it will be even harder later to snip bc yr going to want to see more and more length as time goes by. I know this bc I'm in braids I installed myself and wished I would've just cut off the texlaxed ends.

I would do it to get it over with bc like you said the two textures have diff needs. It is very difficult dealing with them. I think you'll be glad that you got rid of them now rather than wait till later. And besides you have more than enough natural hair for yr new braids. Just my opinion!

It is ultimately yr decision tho!:yep:

Oh, btw I wanted to also add that during my curiosity about my own natural hair I did a couple of chops in the very front of my head to compare my growth rate, so now I am stuck and have to keep braids in no matter what bc of the drastic diff in my lengths! Just something to think about!

lilsparkle825

I'd do it. Your texture is beautiful....it'll REALLY pop after you snip those relaxed ends! Go for it and play in your Kinky Curly products for a day or two before you braid it up!

Nubenap22

Hey Nube! I believe I saw you the other day. How are your relaxed ends behaving? Are you having tangling issues? If so, you may want to chop. If not, I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm not much help, am I?:sekret:

!!!! Lol you probably did and knowing me I was probably stuck in my own head looking crazy!!! No not tangling I've learned How to breeze through those in the shower with my Ouidad:grin: Hated that thing when I first got it.....Now it is one of my saviors and doubles as a weapon :lachen: But the relaxed ends are just ehh :ohwell: nothing to write home about....I guess because I'm so over them some days and some days I'm not

If I was personally getting braids ...I would snip.....you will not miss it under braids....because you will still have the length with braids....But it is such a personal decision....It's easier said than done for some...It was easy for me and I have no braids..I was seriously more concerned about protecting my natural healthy hair than my relaxed ends...

But give it thought and do what you feel will work best for you and your hair...you have some good growth btw

Yes thanks my growth is very deceiving and people don't believe me!!! Im like this mo-fro shrinks to like 1" and stretches to like 4" I admit I don't really listen to the relax ends, I listen to what the natural tells me, moisture strength and so on

I know yr situation, believe me I do. And from looking at yr pics I would say chop now. Reason being is once the braids are in and you keep them in for a period of time you will definitely see more growth, and it will be even harder later to snip bc yr going to want to see more and more length as time goes by. I know this bc I'm in braids I installed myself and wished I would've just cut off the texlaxed ends.

I would do it to get it over with bc like you said the two textures have diff needs. It is very difficult dealing with them. I think you'll be glad that you got rid of them now rather than wait till later. And besides you have more than enough natural hair for yr new braids. Just my opinion!

It is ultimately yr decision tho!:yep:

Oh, btw I wanted to also add that during my curiosity about my own natural hair I did a couple of chops in the very front of my head to compare my growth rate, so now I am stuck and have to keep braids in no matter what bc of the drastic diff in my lengths! Just something to think about!

I know I love LOVE the length right now I used to always keep my hair at this length with bobs or sew-ins!! But Im like in 6 months I can do pixie braids or any length allowing style!! And believe me I've already snipped a few areas....the nape being one and its sprouting!!! But as my boo says its ******ish back there no matter what :rolleyes:

DrC

Depends I'd say keep them if they arent giving you problems, you're getting braids anyway but if your relaxed hair keeps commiting suicide ( becoming more scraggly) then put the crack hair out its misery lol.

preciouslove0x

Snip Snip.

I was in the same situation as you. I was about to get braids and I had still had my relaxed ends. This was just two months ago. Well you can probably tell what I did from my signature below. It was definitely the best decision I've made so far for my hair.

Nubenap22

I'd do it. Your texture is beautiful....it'll REALLY pop after you snip those relaxed ends! Go for it and play in your Kinky Curly products for a day or two before you braid it up!

:grin: OMG I could hug you right now!!! NO ONE has said my texture is beautiful!! I love it because it is what it is:grin: And how did u know I bought the Deva Curl today!!! I was having a moment passing Ultra and just dropped in since I was in the neighborhood....and possibly needed something else to try besides the KCCC ....Im a shame I know!!! THANKS for the compliment:drunk:

Depends I'd say keep them if they arent giving you problems, you're getting braids anyway but if your relaxed hair keeps commiting suicide ( becoming more scraggly) then put the crack hair out its misery lol.

But couldn't I combat this with a small trim..ya know ease my self into it... Its the length I'm in love with not the relaxed pieces

Snip Snip.

I was in the same situation as you. I was about to get braids and I had still had my relaxed ends. This was just two months ago. Well you can probably tell what I did from my signature below. It was definitely the best decision I've made so far for my hair.

So hows it going now??? Did u cry? Did u freak out? Or just work it out?

lilsparkle825

:grin: OMG I could hug you right now!!! NO ONE has said my texture is beautiful!! I love it because it is what it is:grin: And how did u know I bought the Deva Curl today!!! I was having a moment passing Ultra and just dropped in since I was in the neighborhood....and possibly needed something else to try besides the KCCC ....Im a shame I know!!! THANKS for the compliment:drunk:
you're welcome....that third pic is awesomeness....i bet you'd look great with two-strand twists. they would be so thick and lush....oh my!

frizzy

I guess I'm the only one who says keep the relaxed ends while in braids.
Let them take the abuse and chop them as soon as you come out of braids.