*.Longtime LHCF lurker, turned member, turned PAYING member ;)

ice.

Had to poof this thread.... sowy.....

Last edited:

Pompous Blue

Ooo! Wow!

Your story and pictures took my breath away! Oh wow! is all I can think to say now.

How brave of you to take control of your hair care in such a drastic way.

I transitioned for 6 mos before doing the big chop! and was still scared to do it!

But again, what bravery.....I am in awe of you.

Your hair did a complete 180. Very good results.....

Oh and CONGRATULATIONS and WELCOME to LHCF!

I know you know how wonderful it is here......

GL925

You are inspiring.

I wanted to cut off all my hair too. I'm transitioning from relaxed to natural. It's only been 11 weeks since my last relaxer & i'm so fed up with my hair. I still think about doing it & starting over but, i'm a scaredy cat. :nono: Lol.

Your hair growth is incredible. Good luck on your journey.:grin:

MarieB

Welcome to the board, ice.! And thanks for posting your pics. You were brave to take it that far, but I know the results have been worth it. Welcome again, and two snaps up!

My Friend

:welcome3::thewave::thewave::thewave:

Thank you for sharing your journey and your pictures with us. You have made great progress. keep up the good work.

SimpleKomplexity

Wow isn't it amazing to see how your hair has grown. I mean you went from completely bald to a TWA to a kute medium sized afro. That's some good growth right there. That's hott! Your relaxed hair was pretty too though. I don't know anyone hair who is hte same length all the way around.

ice.

Thanks so much for the warm welcome guys :)

What a great story! How did you care for your hair when it was a baldy and then a very short TWA?
Hey... nothing much really. For the baldy I would just shampoo and condition with V05 everyday and plaster my head with that keracare headdress thing. Man you could see your reflection through my head LOL. For the twa, I just washed it everyday or every other day with V05 moisture milks, and only detangled (with an afro pick or my "modified" denman) when I had conditioner in my hair. I would then put some Qhemet biologics heavy cream or a crap load of conditioner in my hair and be on my way.

great comeback story
Oh and if you every get an itch for micro braids
try this hair for a Crochet style!
http://www.doctoredlocks.com/catalog/Rastafri-Hand-Tied-Body-Curl/
My friend used to get her hair done using that all the time. I always thought it was pretty... def a style i'll consider... thanks.

bklyncurly

Whoa, what a hair adventure! Welcome to the boards. We love it here, I'm sure you will too!!:grin: Your hair looks so thick and healthy. Nice progress. You must have really taken good care of your hair.

:waytogo:

kandiekj100

girl, I am with you. I'm new on this board too. I don't see how people can transition, esp for long periods of time. Maybe shaving takes a little bravery, but I truly commend those who can transition for months, years even. I shaved instead of doing a BC also, almost 3 years ago. It was my 3rd time going natural (even the previous two times i transistioned for like 3 months, basically my normal period b/w relaxers), and I just didn't want to wait at all, so I just had the hubby shave it off for me.

I wasn't quite brave enough to wear it out at work or if I was really going somewhere in its bald state. I just wore wigs until I had a teeny twa. Now, I'm just past shoulder length.

SvelteVelvet

I enjoyed your story (you write well!) and your guts and progress is inspirational. Welcome to posting and nice to "meet" you.