2010 Sulfur Challenge

flowinlocks

I've decided that sulfur will be my growth aid of choice this year. I'm experimenting with adding it to my Ayurvedic oils. I also have MTG, which is a little too stinky for every day use:look: I'm using this one sporadically.

I know there are many members that have experience with sulfur as well as some wonderful recipes. I think this would be a good place to gather to share ideas and success stories.

Anyone care to join me?

The challenge will start offically on 2/1/10. and run through 12/31/10 Other than doing what you normally do to maintain length and protect your hair, there are no rules.

Suggested products include:

MSM oral or on scalp
Sulfur 8 or related products
Glovers Mane
Sublimed Sulfur mixtures
MTG or human version Sulu Max Gro
Surge
Bee Mine
Boundless Tresses
Claudie's Scalp Elixir - products are in her Fotki send order via email to - [email protected]
Madame CJ Walker Hair Products
any other growth aid containing sulfur

Please post your starting pic., reggie, and the form/s of sulfur you plan on using.

There will only be 3 updates: 6/30/10, 9/30/10, and 12/31/10

Let's get this party started!!:grin:

ETA:
Please do a small patch test when using sulfur based products for the first time. This will avoid potential
setbacks from an allergic reaction.

Editing again to add precaution of potential adverse reaction with lye. Be sure to stop using sulfur based products on the scalp at least a week before a relaxer. Also wait at least a week after relaxing to restart.

Last edited:

Queen_Earth

I will join because it will help me use up my Bee Mine Sulfur hair serum. My starting pic is below--I will edit when I get my regimen together. Right now I am stretching a press--on day 25 ...ugh cant upload pic right now...I will do it soon

Last edited:

flowinlocks

Challengers:

Flowinlocks
Queen Earth
VitaK72
Itown
Mzz Mac
Kurlybella
Seven7
Morehairplease
SiobhanM

lamaria211
blueberryd

coconow2007
babydollhair
Caramel Hottie UK
abcd09
Sade'
Emoniegirl03
Jewell
BrownSkinQT
JayAnn0513
VeePickni
polished07
scarcity21
achangedlife
LaidBak
All4Tris
DDTexlaxed
NJoy
Mari J
kareflow
Chameleonchick
LAURENCE
Taj
Priss Pot
hair4romheaven
a_shoe_6307
milaydy31
grow
Honey-Dip
balancegoals2009
YankeeCandle
Silkycoils
Shay72
Zawaj
buddhas_mom
Zeal
Jkelly0204
4Mia
Janee81
Hairsnob
anilyn
illuminatiamerica
Imoan
Firstborn2
Aggie
seemegrow
detroitdiva
coolhandlulu
uwrong
TwistNMx
Coil Tresses
SmilingElephant
lovleylocks
justicefighter1913
Sweetnlow06
nakialovesshoes
sparklebh
africanqueen456
NikkiQ
Miss AJ
JJamiah
joib
berthrane
Minnie
GlamaDiva
jujubelle
Manda
LaFemmeNaturelle
bryantgurls
make_me_over
babyt87
ojemba
fembot
maghreblover
miss cosmic
Imani
EllePixie
song of sernity
NYDee

Last edited:

Deszdamona

Add me since I have some BT and sublime sulfur I need to use up. I also need some serious growth this year.:rolleyes:

flowinlocks

My starting pic. is in my siggy. My reggie consists of rotating weekly tea rinses with Ayurvedic herbs, oiling with Ayurveda/Sulfur mixture, cowashing, dcing at least once a week. I also airdry and wear updo's for daily ps.

Mzz Mac

I'm in! This is right on time! I just got my order of Claudie's Scalp Elixir (pink sugar fragrance). I just got my touch up last night and can't use it until 5-7 days which will be in time for the start date. I will have hubby take an updated siggy pic and post within the next couple of days.

kurlybella

you can add me to the list as well. i'm going to be doing this so this thread is right on time. i thought everyone had forgotten about the sulfur.

flowinlocks

you can add me to the list as well. i'm going to be doing this so this thread is right on time. i thought everyone had forgotten about the sulfur.

You're in. :yep: I had great results with sulfur internally, however it made me gain wieght. I figure trying it topically can't hurt.

flowinlocks

Count me in!!:grin: I use MTG 2 times a week.

I'm in! This is right on time! I just got my order of Claudie's Scalp Elixir (pink sugar fragrance). I just got my touch up last night and can't use it until 5-7 days which will be in time for the start date. I will have hubby take an updated siggy pic and post within the next couple of days.

Welcome to the challenge ladies!

Seven7

Adding you to the list. LOL, it looks like it's been working. How long have you been using it?

It's the only growth aid that has worked for me, and trust me when I first got on LHCF I tried alot :perplexed. I have been using it since Aug 09.

flowinlocks

It's the only growth aid that has worked for me, and trust me when I first got on LHCF I tried alot :perplexed. I have been using it since Aug 09.

Do you use it straight up? How much growth do you get per month? Sorry for all the questions.:spinning:

Optimus_Prime

Can anyone recommend a drug store chain that sells sublimed sulfur? (Like CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens) I'd like to join, but I want to make sure I actually have a sulfur mix beforehand.
Thanks!

flowinlocks

Can anyone recommend a drug store chain that sells sublimed sulfur? (Like CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens) I'd like to join, but I want to make sure I actually have a sulfur mix beforehand.
Thanks!

I couldn't find it locally. I got mine here. You can get it here also.
Let me know when you would like me to add you to the list.

SiobhanM

Im in!!!
Ill be using Komaza hair care HONEYCOMB REJUVENATOR and HAIR NOURISHMENT OIL.
Also my sulfur mix. I need to finish up all of these products. Ill alternate between the 3.
Thank for the challenge!

Mzz Mac

Im in!!!
Ill be using Komaza hair care HONEYCOMB REJUVENATOR and HAIR NOURISHMENT OIL.
Also my sulfur mix. I need to finish up all of these products. Ill alternate between the 3.
Thank for the challenge!

@SiobhanM - have you already begun using the Komaza hair nourishment oil? If so, how has it been working for you?

blueberryd

Oh Oh oHhhh! Can I join too? I've made a coconut oil and sulfur mix and will be putting it on my scalp 3x a week and co-wash 3x/week. Will also be taking MSM and biotin daily...may try some silica too. Will post my starting pic in a couple of days when I flat iron this mess lol

flowinlocks

im in ill be using glovers sulfur mixed with a few oils massaging them in everyother night

Oh Oh oHhhh! Can I join too? I've made a coconut oil and sulfur mix and will be putting it on my scalp 3x a week and co-wash 3x/week. Will also be taking MSM and biotin daily...may try some silica too. Will post my starting pic in a couple of days when I flat iron this mess lol

Welcome to the challenge!