Bringing in the New Year with My KS Instant Weave (Pic Heavy)!!!

Kellum

I pulled out my old faithful kinky straight instant weave that I made. I love this thing. I wore it pretty much the whole time until my touch up in July and had great results since my hair under neath was in braids the whole time. This will be my style for a while. I could rock one of my half wigs, but I feel like a change. I like the versatility that I can get out of it, plus my touch up is still pretty fresh and I can roller set the front with good results.

I took the instant weave, applied CHI SI to the hair and flat ironed it with the Maxiglide MP on 10! I know that's bad but hey its not my hair, LOL. It can take the abuse. :lachen:The results are great and it looks so natural.

Check out my blog. I have a ton of pics. Thanks for viewing and follow :)
Bringing in the New Year with My Kinky Straight Instant Weave

To see how I made my instant weave. Click here.

Leesh

Hiya! May I ask, What type of wig is that with that kind of cap, I've never seen that particular type before?

Kellum

Hiya! May I ask, What type of wig is that with that kind of cap, I've never seen that particular type before?

It was a KS lace wig that I cut the top out of to leave my own hair out and I sewed wig clips to the cap. I basically made it into my own instant weave.

Last edited:

MrsHdrLe

YOU ARE A GENIUS!!!! Thanks for sharing and not hiding the key to wig wearing the natural way. I've never thought of wearing a wig b/c of the "trapped feeling" but this, I could possibly do. *Off to find a KS wig*

Kellum

YOU ARE A GENIUS!!!! Thanks for sharing and not hiding the key to wig wearing the natural way. I've never thought of wearing a wig b/c of the "trapped feeling" but this, I could possibly do. *Off to find a KS wig*

Thanks I basically wanted to get the look and protection of a sew in weave without the commitment.

Kellum

I plan on making me a another KS instant weave and His and Her www.hisnadher.com have wig making supplies for very cheap.

These are the bases. I think "D" would be a good base for making another instant wig. You can already see the horse shoe portion that you can cut out or you can sew a closure on a wear it as a full wig. I plan on cutting out the top and sewing clips along the inside for security.

That's the hair I will sew to the cap.

KS hair matches my hair since I am texlaxed.

ajoyfuljoy

I have never seen fake hair be such a dead on match for real hair. You got skillz lady!

I'm going to go find this hair to. This could definitely work for me.

Last edited:

ajoyfuljoy

OK I'm sold! Kinky straight. That is what I need! My hair is still course and thick even though I relax it. My hair looks just like that demo did. I am buying this stuff lol. Thanks OP!

By the way, did you only use one pack since it is 4 oz.?

Also, how long does that hair last you?

Last edited:

laurend085

Wow...I really, really want one now..but have no clue how to make it or get a match for my hair..I'm sure I'd mess up one of the two. I just can't see spending 200-300 dollars for a sew-in but this I could do for the natural look and how it will protect my hair. Just don't know how. I know there are threads on it but still..

Kellum

OK I'm sold! Kinky straight. That is what I need! My hair is still course and thick even though I relax it. My hair looks just like that demo did. I am buying this stuff lol. Thanks OP!

By the way, did you only use one pack since it is 4 oz.?
I made this one out of an old LF that I wasn't wearing. When I plan on making the other one I will use the hair from His and Her. I will probably order 2 packs of hair and see how much I will need. I most likely won't need both packs of hair since KS hair is very thick.

Also, how long does that hair last you?
I haven't used the hair from His and Her yet so I can't tell you that but the one I made out of the old LF has lasted me a long time.

My answers are in red.

Wow...I really, really want one now..but have no clue how to make it or get a match for my hair..I'm sure I'd mess up one of the two. I just can't see spending 200-300 dollars for a sew-in but this I could do for the natural look and how it will protect my hair. Just don't know how. I know there are threads on it but still..

This one was pretty easy to make. I just cut the top portion out of an old LF and sewed wig clips (the kind of clips used for clip in extensions) to the inside of the cap. That is pretty much it.

If you wanted you could just cut the top out of the wig and then just use bobby pins or hair pins to secure it as well. That is what I am going to do from here on out. I don't have a problem with the combs/clips but I don't wnat to have a problem down the line either.

I have pics and a kind of tutorial on my blog. Click here to check it out.

His and Her have wig making bases. You can see at the top of the base there is a little portion shaped like a horseshoe; you can cut that out and just sew the hair on the base and make your own like that. I use KS hair because my hair isn't relaxed bone straight, it is texlaxed and matches my hair perfectly.

I :notworthy to you for this! I have a LF wig that is way too small for me, and I was like :poke: with it. You gave me the perfect way to keep it and make it work for me in the spring. And I can swim in it, too. That is nothing less than genius in my book. I can't wait to get back home so I can make it into a 1/2 wig. Thank you, thank you, thank you =)