Naturals ( Espeically 4a) That Use Deep Conditioners

Blacktresses

How often do you use a deep conditioner? Which deep conditioner did you reap the best benefits from using? Did you use a plastic cap, heat cap, or dryer ?

As I was going through my collection of conditioners, I realized that I did not get a deep conditioner. I am hoping for 6 plus inches of hair by May of 2005 /images/graemlins/clap.gif. I don't think I can get there without a deep conditioner...or
what do you think ?

bklyncurly

I love UBH Deep Con and NTM Deep Con. I used to deep con 2x/week, now I'm down to 1x/week b/c my hair is much stronger. I also add castor oil, coconut oil, and amla oil to my deep con (sometimes not all at the same time - depends on how dry my hair is that day). I luv the results! Thick, shiny hair!

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dare~to~Dream

I use Ultra Black Hair Conditioner at least once a week. I use it with a plastic cap and sit under the dryer for 20-30 minutes.

Xerxes

This is cute, as long as my hair hurries up and starts to look longer than an inch, by 5/25/05 I should have about 4 inches of hair! Woohoo! Ok, let me stop. LOL

Anyhow, nothing really seems to affect my TWA right now regardless of what I put on it, but for my con washes I use Suave Humectant and for my deep conditioning treatments once a week I use Cholesterol. HTH

oglorious1

Mixologist
Motions is good, I don't use a plastic cap, I just put in my conditioner, detangle and work around the house

nijilah

I use Cholestorol, RedKen All Soft Heavy Cream, and Motions. I always add some extra oils. I use a plastic cap, but I don't sit under a dryer or use a heat cap. If I use a heat cap, my hair is a tangled mess.

If I am at the gym, I don't use a plastic cap, and I just apply the deep conditioner and go into the sauna for 10 minutes. For some reason, this works great for soft hair and nice defined curls.

Xerxes

Motions is really good, huh? After my hair gets long enough to need real detangling, then I'll try it out. :)

Divastate

I'm a bit of a cheater and since i've been washing every 10 days or so lately the main conditioner I use is Suave 2 minute Deep Recovery Conditioner which is supposed to be a deep treatment. It works just as well as the more expensive things I've used in the past (everything from Fredderick Fekkai to Mizani) but its only $1.50 for a tube of it.

I don't think I've seen the Suave mentioned on this board yet but it packs a punch for some great moisture. You can read about it here and here's a pic (it's the tube in the middle of the pic):

I also use NTM Mask now and again but its more just because I have some left- my hair has been happy with the Suave Intense plus the coconut milk and honey preshampoo treatment I do every time I wash.

Honey Vibe

The Good Physician
I'm new to the whole deep conditioning thing /images/graemlins/crazy.gif, but I've been using Capisole Cinnamon & Sole Conditioner. I like the results, but admittedly, I don't have much to compare it to.

Sweetyb

I agree, deep conditioning is essential if you want to grow your hair longer and healthier. The deep conditioner that works the "best"? For me, hands down, that has to be ORS Hair Mayonnaise. It's expensive but it works a miracle on my hair--it never fails. For frequent use though, I use good ol' and cheap LeKair Deep Conditioner (in the sqeeze bottle).

TigerLily

Yes, I think deep conditioners will promote hair growth. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I deep conditioner biweekly and I use a variety: Suave 2 min. deep conditioner, Silk Elements Cholesterol, ORS Mayo, Rysell Coconut, Miss Key black cream conditioner, NTM hair mask.

I apply the deep conditioner and put a plastic cap on my head and wrap a towel around that. I once tried a heating cap and it made my hair soooo dry and hard. My ultimate goal is to get a hair steamer. /images/graemlins/smile.gif