• Friday

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Saturday

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

epiphany braids

**CHALLENGE CLOSED**
So I am a MT and OCT user!! This is my hair crack:lick:. I am starting a small challenge that will last for only 3 months. Now that I can get off the emotional roller coaster of finals and ex boyfriend drama, I can put my mind at peace and the extra time to my hair!!!
The challenge will start from
January 9 2010 end on April 9 2010.
The first 10 people to sign up will be entered in the challenge. Yes I am keeping it very small and very short in time, that way we can help each other and if we are successful have a phase II with more members.
The requirements are:
Must use Mt and or OCT at least 3 times a week
You must list all products using
You may co wash as much as you like
You can chose to do whatever protective styles including braids, wigs, twist etc…or none at all.
You MUST tie your hair at night. Preferably with a satin/silk scarf and or silk bonnet
NO heat only for DC’s and special occasions (and I mean special)
Now for pictures…everyone loves pictures after all a photo is worth a thousand words. In the pictures your hair MUST be parted!! This is to ensure truth. It can be a part down, across, diagonal, whatever as long as we can see the scalp. So length checks will be done as so:
Picture timeline
Current length: January 9.2010
Feb 9 2010: one month anniversary
Sometime in February your favorite protective style for this month
March 9 2010: two month anniversary
Sometime in March your favorite protective style for this month
April 9 20ten: 3 month anniversary
These pictures must be posted on LHCF.

Journal entry
Here is the catch which may be difficult for some. Members must, absolutely A must keep a journal. A submission must be made every week preferably at the end of the week which for me is Saturday. This is to help educate ourselves monitor, and listen to our hair. I found doing this teaches me what my hair likes and do not like.
We must read each other’s journals and post a comment. ALL questions have to be posted in this thread on LHCF, this way all LHCF members will hopefully chime in!!!
Products:
You are more than welcome to use whatever products tickle your fancy!! I must advise that when using MT you should cut back on other products that contain protein or this MAY cause protein overload. If you decide to tweak your regimen a post has to be made here (LHCF).
Caution:
For this challenge MT can only be put on THE SCALP. MT is known to cause some or a lot of shedding, if for some reason you cannot control the shedding or do not want to continue please PM me and you will be removed from the challenge.
Word of advice GARLIC is the magic word!! You can take pills, use a garlic conditioner, 100% garlic powder or paste. For me I do pills and conditioner and deep conditioner all in which has garlic!!
Ok so hopefully I have covered the basics!! I would love to offer a reward, but ALL will be rewarded as long as we focus, stay strong and determined to grow, grow and grow.
Lets get’em ladies!!
HHG!!

Mega Tek/Ovation Cell Therapy 20TEN challengers:
First 10 members:

1. Barbie83
2. Elise
3. Txcurly10
4. Ensjg598
5. Panamoni
6. Aquajoyice
7. Lawyer2be371
8. Bestblackgirl
9. Cutiebe2
10. Chameleonchick

Ok ladies!!! Looking good!!! I want to stress that the journals are very important!!
**remember journal entries a the end of the week**
Trust me when I tell ya!! You can easily track your progress and learn a lot about your hair all by keeping a journal. :yay:

:yay:Sideliners:yay:

*amerAKAN dream
*melodies815

Sideliners: It will be a blessing for you guys to be on the challenge from the sidelines!! Please feel free to chime in whenever, post your regimen, journals and whatever pictures you can during the picture posting dates!!

Last edited:

Barbie83

I. AM. SO. IN. I'll be mega-tekking and half-wigging thru the winter!!

I'll be back to post my exact regimen and a starting pic.

Last edited:

elise805

I'm in! I just ordered my first bottle of MT this week!!

My Regimen:
Wash 1x/week with Tresseme Anti-Sponge.
Cowash Daily with Tresseme Anti-Sponge or Rusk Calm.
Seal ends and moisturize daily with Ayurveda Oils (organic: sesame oil, bhringaraj, EO of rosemary, lavender and rose geranium.)
Mega-Tek and MTG combo massaged into scalp every night. (I'm still thinking about this combo, I'm doing the MT for sure but may change my mind about using the MTG also...any suggestions regarding the mixing the two are welcome :grin: )
Coconut Oil on length of hair at night, wrapped in a silk scarf.
DC with Avocado Hair Mask or Aphogee 1x/month or as needed (overnight/scarf wrapped). I may or may not do this as many are advising against additional protein treatments when using MT, I will see how it goes.
Irish Moss Mask 1x/month or as needed.
Protective Styling and very minimal direct heat.
I may dust my ends in March.

Daily Nutrition for Growth:
Water, Water, WATER.
Multi-vitamins and supplements
High protein diet ( will attempt to, going to be difficult)
1 tbsp Raw Wheat Germ Oil per day.
2 tbsp Raw Wheat Germ 3x/week.
2 tbsp Ground Chia Seeds (Omega 3's & 6's) This is mostly for the fiber benefits but since it has Omegas, I hope that it will help with growth.
Daily Exercise.

Whew, ok I hope that wasn't too detailed :look: . Looking forward to reading other lady's regimens and I'm excited for us to conquer this challenge!

(will post starting photo by jan 9th)

Last edited:

txcurly10

I definitely want in! I got my MT yesterday! I'll update this evening when I get home.

Last edited:

curlicarib

Lovin'' All of Me
Try and keep me out of this one! I dare you!! I am soooo in!

By coincidence, I picked up a bottle of MT last night, did my mid-week cowash and applied to my scalp. This challenge will let me know if it works for me. Thanks Epiphany!

Last edited:

amerAKAn_dream

My MT just arrived in the mail. Please sign me up!

ETA: I just read the rule about the pics, and I planned on keeping my sew-in's for 2 months at a time. So I'll be participating from the sidelines. Good luck ladies!

Last edited:

melodies815

Re: **Mega Tek and Ovation Cell Therapy 2010 CHALLENGE**

Can I check in here from time to time and post my results? I am not consistent with MT, but I do use it frequently enough during each month to be considered a MT user.

Can I come in here and check in sometimes as a pseudo-challenger?

*crossing fingers and toes*

cj

cutiebe2

I am 100% in

I will be making my Mega Tek and Castor oil mix sometime next week and applying it every night :yep:

ETA: I love how you set up this challenge!!

Last edited:

Chameleonchick

HAHA this is right on time, I should be getting my bottle of Megatek today. I am in twists so can I use my pic from my last set of non extension twists for a starter?

Starting pics:

Last edited:

epiphany braids

Cutiebe2, thank you!!
Girl I was so nervous, this is my first time setting up a challenge. I was so afraid of posting this I thought I would be in the challenge with well myself!! :lachen::lachen:and you know what it would not have matter one bit!!! :grin:

I thank all the ladies for being so willing to grow hair with me!! The journals I hope can influence a lot of members, not just hair journals but any kind of journal!!! Who knows maybe one day it can be a best seller!!!!:bookworm:

epiphany braids

OK LAIDES!!!!

The challenge is offically closed.

Please let us not forget to post our reigmen's and starting pics on January 09 20TEN!! I will PM everyone on January 08, 20TEN a reminder!!

I am quite confident that we all will see some growth!!! We have 3 months LADIES!!

Let's Get'em...HHG:brucelee:

cutiebe2

Cutiebe2, thank you!!
Girl I was so nervous, this is my first time setting up a challenge. I was so afraid of posting this I thought I would be in the challenge with well myself!! :lachen::lachen:and you know what it would not have matter one bit!!! :grin:

I thank all the ladies for being so willing to grow hair with me!! The journals I hope can influence a lot of members, not just hair journals but any kind of journal!!! Who knows maybe one day it can be a best seller!!!!:bookworm:
I think its better to have miltiple part for the challenge so that it keeps people enageged...rather than just having a challenge and have people forget they are in..

Barbie83

I think its better to have miltiple part for the challenge so that it keeps people enageged...rather than just having a challenge and have people forget they are in..

exactly!! It's easier to stay focused when there are specific rules to go by :yep:

epiphany braids

Thank you ladies!!

I pledge to do all that I can to help us ALL stay focused. I have already set up reminders in all my calendars and alarms on my phones for the journal entries and picture dates. This is also helping me as well, because lord knows one of my New Year resolutions is to be on schedule with tasks!!!

Demi27

I'm not in this challenge since it's closed, but just a suggestion.

You might want to update your initial post (at the very top) stating that this is closed. I, like most, won't scroll down to see that it's closed even though you said you were only taking 10 people.

I have a feeling you may receive a lot of requests from people wanting to be added even though you only want ten people.

Just a suggestion.

Good luck ladies!

epiphany braids

I'm not in this challenge since it's closed, but just a suggestion.

You might want to update your initial post (at the very top) stating that this is closed.
Just a suggestion.

Good luck ladies!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! THIS IS MY FIRST TIME DOING A CHALLENGE!!! THANK U!!!!!

aquajoyice

Okay ladies, i've put together my current regimen. I've owned MT for a while but was never consistent. And with my recent tragedy, :dork:... I actually started using MT earlier this week so this challenge is coming at the perfect time. I've posted the pics i'm sure a lot of you have already seen after I tried to give myself a corrective cut to even up my hair. I cut the back of my hair and then realized I had to cut the rest of my hair to try to even it up a bit. I cut a lot off the back and about 3" off the rest to get it to "look" thicker. I will be posting new pics on Jan 9, but wanted everyone to see what my hair looked like officially before starting MT. So you can get an accurate gauge of what i'm really dealing with. But I digress ;) here's my current reggie:

Regimen

-Wash 2x a week with Wen Cleansing Condition in Fig aka Co-Wash
-Applying MT directly to my scalp 3x a week (after both washes and once on a dry day)
-Apply Eden Allure Argan oil to my scalp as a moisturizer after MT and massaging scalp only thoroughly.
-Moisturizing hair with 2 pumps of Wen Fig Styling creme and 2 pumps of Argan oil throughout hair. Sealing mid-shaft and ends with either coconut oil or EVOO... i'm running out of Coconut oil so i'll go back and forth between these two til I get more.
-After detangling i'll wet bun and tie in a satin scarf to sleep on.
-I'm also taking Garlic pills to defend against shedding.. not because i've experienced it but because i've heard stories about excessive shedding so it's a precaution.
-Protective styles consist of different buns, accessories and braid outs.

Hair type: 4A/B Currently Texlaxed since 2006
Length: About 2 inches above BSL
Relaxer Type: Precise (Original Formula)

*Currently 8 weeks post will be texlaxing Feb 14nth. Will be posting pics after I texlax to see if there is a difference. But will not be flat ironing until the end of the challenge so i'll most likely post wet and dry pics.
I want to wish all my fellow challenge members Good-Luck!!!!!! xoxo!

Attachments

• Back after cut.JPG
    Back after cut.JPG
    6 KB · Views: 31
  • After cut2.JPG
    After cut2.JPG
    5.7 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

epiphany braids

Thank you aquajoyice!!!
I am sorry to hear about your setback, I am sure together we will get your hair growing past the length you had to cut off!!

Your regi sounds :lick:
Do you mix anything with your MT?

I also texlax my hair, I am 14 weeks post :blush: I never thought that I will be able to last so long without a touch up :lachen: I plan on doing a touch up after the challenge, hopefully I can control this breakage that I am having. I am in search of an all natural emergency breakage treatment, a matter of fact I have been heavily considering this concoction from this lady on you tube, here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdw6QRmXYOA

Please all share what you think of this concoction!!! and feel free to share some of your own or that you know.

JUST FYI, I have been revising my regimen especially since the challenge is 3 weeks away :yep: and I have all my natural products that I purchased from Black Friday sales :lick::lick:

HHG challengers!!

epiphany braids

It's me again ladies...I have stumbled on this video and I have so many mixed feelings I am speechless :blush: As this challenge progresses you will find that it takes ALOT for me to become speechless:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8l-NuvtFQE

Please share your thoughts on this video!!!

It may be off topic but hey we have a bond now right? plus no one around me takes hair care as serious as I do, so when I share things like this all they do is :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

epiphany braids

Ladies I have a request, when posting your regimen on or before January 9 20TEN, please if you can include if you are natural, relaxed or texlaxed, what chemical brand you use, for how long and what is your hair type. If you do not know what hair type you are please PM me and I can give you a link that may help you determine what hair type you are!!!

lawyer2be371

I updated my fotki....I, claiming APL I had to straighten my hair because I couldnt get my hair braided for my friends going away party...but my starting pic for this challenge can be found in my claiming APL folder or the BSL road folder happy hair growing ladies

aquajoyice

Thank you aquajoyice!!!
I am sorry to hear about your setback, I am sure together we will get your hair growing past the length you had to cut off!!

Your regi sounds :lick:
Do you mix anything with your MT?

I also texlax my hair, I am 14 weeks post :blush: I never thought that I will be able to last so long without a touch up :lachen: I plan on doing a touch up after the challenge, hopefully I can control this breakage that I am having. I am in search of an all natural emergency breakage treatment, a matter of fact I have been heavily considering this concoction from this lady on you tube, here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdw6QRmXYOA

Please all share what you think of this concoction!!! and feel free to share some of your own or that you know.

JUST FYI, I have been revising my regimen especially since the challenge is 3 weeks away :yep: and I have all my natural products that I purchased from Black Friday sales :lick::lick:

HHG challengers!!

I appreciate this challenge and looooove the way you've set it up :grin: I know we're all going to hit our goals and have some great pics to post that will not only inspire us but others that will be following this!!

I'm currently using MT by itself directly on the scalp. I've done my research and the census seems to be that it works better on it's own. Although, I will follow-up with oils on top of the MT to help keep my scalp moisturized and help when i'm massaging my scalp to keep the friction low between my fingers and hair.

I know how you feel about the whole stretching thing :lachen: Because let me tell you! After that 6 month stretch nothing will ever be as challenging as that LOL! Before stretching 6 months there's no way I would have considered doing 14weeks as part of my regimen. So i'm here if you need any words of encouragement!! :yep:

BYTW, I saw the video and have subscribed!! She can whip up some hair recipies like no one i've ever seen :lachen: she's like the hair Racheal Ray LOL! I'm taking notes of the different products she uses becuase I think it's important to have an arsenal of information becuase you never know. So please keep me updated on your progress with the hair recipies!! Since i'm starting on a new regimen i'm going to continue with it to ensure my journals accuracy about what's working and what isn't. Since I no longer shampoo with conventional shampoos i've noticed progress in my hair. Back in the day I had a hard time finding products that worked on my hair so I had lots of dryness and breakage issues. I have also been adding eggs into whatever conditioner i'm using as a light protein treatment to strengthen up my hair and it works really well.

I'm going out today becuase I made a list of all the natural products I need LOL! It's funny when you have to make a grocery list for hair products and instead of going to Sally's your in Whole Foods LOL! But it works so more power to us!!

epiphany braids

I'm currently using MT by itself directly on the scalp.
I was so nervous about just applying it to the scalp because I (still to this day) do not know if I am protein sensitive

I know how you feel about the whole stretching thing :lachen: Because let me tell you! After that 6 month stretch nothing will ever be as challenging as that LOL! Before stretching 6 months there's no way I would have considered doing 14weeks as part of my regimen. So i'm here if you need any words of encouragement!! :yep:
I myself have NEVER intended to go this long without a touch up, time started flying and I was lurking around on LHCF before I decided to anty up that money to be a member :lachen:

BYTW, I saw the video and have subscribed!! She can whip up some hair recipies like no one i've ever seen :lachen: she's like the hair Racheal Ray LOL!
YEA she is the BOMB. LOL @ the rachel Ray joke:lachen: So please keep me updated on your progress with the hair recipies!! Will most definitely will
Since i'm starting on a new regimen i'm going to continue with it to ensure my journals accuracy about what's working and what isn't.
I trust that keeping this journal will be benefical to all members and followers!!
Since I no longer shampoo with conventional shampoos i've noticed progress in my hair. Girl who you telling, I don't use shampoo @ all!!

I have also been adding eggs into whatever conditioner i'm using as a light protein treatment to strengthen up my hair and it works really well.
I just have to find out how much protein my hair can tolerate, I so want to add an egg to my concotions for srength.

I'm going out today becuase I made a list of all the natural products I need LOL! It's funny when you have to make a grocery list for hair products and instead of going to Sally's your in Whole Foods LOL! But it works so more power to us!!
Amen to that. Speak the truth and the priceds of some well no most of the all natural stuff can be expensive. At one point I thought about quiting my job and starting an all natural business. I belive at some point in time very soon that this is going to be the next craze...all natural hair, body and food products....hmmmmmm my wheels are starting to turn!!!

Thanks so much for sharing!! HHG!!

elise805

It's me again ladies...I have stumbled on this video and I have so many mixed feelings I am speechless :blush: As this challenge progresses you will find that it takes ALOT for me to become speechless:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8l-NuvtFQE

Please share your thoughts on this video!!!

It may be off topic but hey we have a bond now right? plus no one around me takes hair care as serious as I do, so when I share things like this all they do is :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Hahaaa you don't even know how this video had me rollin :lachen::lachen::lachen: Thanks for posting this epiphany.
She broke it down and she makes some very good points about relaxing.
She is obviously very educated and I saw her hair looking quite silky,
I wish she was my stylist. I'm subscribing to her channel...
My hair is currently a hot mess from me relaxing and not really knowing
what I was doing. I'll post a picture later of the color damage I got
from using a relaxer and then later using a shine enhancement treatment
that had peroxide or something in it. Now, every time I relax my hair gets lighter...
I've got to either stop relaxing all together, or dye my hair which I hate doing :sad:

MsButterfli

just wanna say good luck to you ladies, I'll be cheering from the sidelines with my own lil personal MegaTek challenge, my bottle arrived last week :)

HHG!!