Coconut Milk + Shea Butter + Whatever DC = Buttery Hair!!

didismirage4

I just wanted to share this mix with you ladies. I used Pureology as my DC because I color-treated hair. I mixed it with coconut milk (scooped out the chunks actually and left the liquid portion) and raw shea butter. As SOON as I put it on, my hair melted and thanked me lovingly. I put on my heating cap and did homework for 2 hours. Washed it out, OMG soooo soft.:grin: Then I co-washed with HE: Color Me Happy and V05 Strawberries and Milk (first time using this).

Ladies!!!!!! I have not even put my leave-ins (the back I put a little moisturizing con + little moisturizing leave in and seal with raw shea butter; the front I put a little protein con + little moisturizing leave in and seal with raw shea butter) and my hair is SO soft. I keep touching it lol. I think this time I will put less leave ins and sealing because I'm a fine-haired natural and don't want my hair weighed down. I learned this lesson last week when I sealed with too much shea butter. The upside was that I could rinse my hair every day and it was perfect.

So just wanted to tip you guys off :)

Galadriel

Cool! I have a can of coconut milk sitting around (but I don't have any shea butter at the moment). Will definitely try though!

didismirage4

Cool! I have a can of coconut milk sitting around (but I don't have any shea butter at the moment). Will definitely try though!

You should! My hair dried so soft, I didn't even want to touch it. But I thought about tomorrow and the next day and so on... so I did end up re-wetting slightly, using my leave-ins and sealing with the shea butter :)