12 inches in 12 months challenge ***update month 10***

Nanyanika

i haven't a clue lol! i only started two months ago, i doubt i'm making an inch per month, i'll have to wait till touch-up time in Feb/March 2005.

how much growth are you achieving now DSD, can't wait see your updates?

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, it would definitely be cool to get 12 inches in a year. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yes indeed! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
i haven't a clue lol! i only started two months ago, i doubt i'm making an inch per month, i'll have to wait till touch-up time in Feb/March 2005.

how much growth are you achieving now DSD, can't wait see your updates?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a tough challenge but I am going to stick with it. I havent' gotten the 12 inches but I did get an inch a month growth spurt during the summer months.

Here's a comparison shot from Dec of Last year to Sept of this year.

Tell me how much do you think I have gained?

It looks average to me!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
[ QUOTE ]
This is a tough challenge but I am going to stick with it. I havent' gotten the 12 inches but I did get an inch a month growth spurt during the summer months.

Here's a comparison shot from Dec of Last year to Sept of this year.

Tell me how much do you think I have gained?

It looks average to me!

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like 3 inches...but did u do any trims since last Dec?

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
@ Poohbear, I did trim some.

I can't give an accurate measurement because I didn't measure right from the beginning. All I can say is my hair was just above my shoulders last year and now it's past my collar bone.

My hair grows so slow in the colder months. Probably about 1/4 inch. The vits didn't help at all. Time to re-evalute!

Carlie

[ QUOTE ]
Your hair looks great DSD!!! You've made nice progress since December.

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto! Your hair looks AMAZINGLY healthy and so alive!!! Keep up the good work! /images/graemlins/up.gif

Nanyanika

[ QUOTE ]
Wow! Thanks K T and Carlie! That's the kind of encouragement a girl needs!!

[/ QUOTE ]

DSD I THINK YOU GAINED A GOOD AMOUNT OF GROWTH, APPROX 4 INCHES!!!WELL DONE /images/graemlins/clap.gif YOUR HAIR IS SOO HEALTHY AND PRETTY /images/graemlins/smile.gif

oglorious1

Mixologist
Your hair looks good to me, DSD I just think you just need to let your hair just be, it's like watching grass grow, if you leave it alone, it'll do it's thing, next thing you know it's coming out of nowhere.

A_Christian

DSD, your hair has definitely grown a lot. Even if you don't get the 12 inches, you've still gained a whole lot of growth and your hair looks strikingly healthy! Keep up the amazing work! I always look forward to seeing your updates. /images/graemlins/wave.gif

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow! Thanks K T and Carlie! That's the kind of encouragement a girl needs!!

[/ QUOTE ]

DSD I THINK YOU GAINED A GOOD AMOUNT OF GROWTH, APPROX 4 INCHES!!!WELL DONE /images/graemlins/clap.gif YOUR HAIR IS SOO HEALTHY AND PRETTY /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you! That means I am right on track for my usual six inches!!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
Your hair looks good to me, DSD I just think you just need to let your hair just be, it's like watching grass grow, if you leave it alone, it'll do it's thing, next thing you know it's coming out of nowhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep! Thanks! That's the very reason why I keep it braided up most of the time so I won't be watching it all the time!!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
DSD, your hair has definitely grown a lot. Even if you don't get the 12 inches, you've still gained a whole lot of growth and your hair looks strikingly healthy! Keep up the amazing work! I always look forward to seeing your updates. /images/graemlins/wave.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Awwww! Thanks!!

laketta

I've made some progress but very far from 12 inches. m However I am hoping for brastrap by 4-6-2005 /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jetcitygirl

Smeller of roses
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Another Ditto here! You've really kept your hair in great shape in the last year. And your growth is very noticable and impressive! I thought this challenge was so much fun when I joined in January for the very fact that it was so ambitious. I hope we start another on this January, it's great to shoot for the stars! As for me, my hair does not grow as fast in the Spring/Summer as it does in the Fall/Winter so it seems to be creeping along. But just lately it's started spurting again so I may make better progress between now & the end of the challenge in December. I measured it in September and it was about 13.5" so I'm going to add that to my signature. I may make 5-6" total net growth (minus trims) by December if my hair does it's usual Fall acceleration.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Another Ditto here! You've really kept your hair in great shape in the last year. And your growth is very noticable and impressive! I thought this challenge was so much fun when I joined in January for the very fact that it was so ambitious. I hope we start another on this January, it's great to shoot for the stars! As for me, my hair does not grow as fast in the Spring/Summer as it does in the Fall/Winter so it seems to be creeping along. But just lately it's started spurting again so I may make better progress between now & the end of the challenge in December. I measured it in September and it was about 13.5" so I'm going to add that to my signature. I may make 5-6" total net growth (minus trims) by December if my hair does it's usual Fall acceleration.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! Thanks!! Just what I need to hear.

I was trying not to trim so I could retain all my length but my hair wouldn't style. I am happy that I did it now and not later when I have more length. I really won't want to trim then.

This challenge is very fun and it helps keep me on the ball with my hair care.

Good Luck getting that Autumn hair growth spurt!!

laketta

Thanks guys /images/graemlins/smile.gif I am really trying to follow the advice of everyone here. I will bebraiding up my hair for the time being. Still trying to get to the ever elusive bra strap. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

oglorious1

Mixologist
Dang laketta, I need to check out your regiman...uh, what is your regiman by the way??? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

WaterMoccasin

Ok, so according to my recollection, somewhere between the beginning of this challenge (Dec) and Jan/Feb, I gained an inch. Then I trimmed an inch in February. Then between February and May, it grew back and then some...I gained about 2 inches. Then I gained an inch between mid-May and mid-June, and a further, approximate 1 and a half inches...whatever that ends up being.
Visually, I was barely collarbone in front, 2-3 inches from bra-strap in back in Dec, comfortably collarbone/about 2 inches from brastrap in back by Feb/, 1 inch past collarbone/half inch from bra-strap in May, currently (Oct) 2 and a half inches past collarbone/mid-half inch past brastrap (not sure of back measurements).

I will try to post pics...I don't think I have any from Dec-May...although I have one from October '03 which is pretty much the same place I was in Dec...or at least very close...
Be right back...

TrustMeLove

Well iM going to join the challenge haha.. like 10 months late. Im just going to see if I can consistently do my hair for the next 2 months. And If I make it for those 2 months Ill think about extending it for 6 months. haha

-Faye

Ipanema

I would give my update, but I'm on the "No Measuring" challenge now... /images/graemlins/wink.gif