Fall/Winter Reggies

Shana'

Since today marks the the end of summer, how's your reggie going to change?

I will up the # of dc's per week andI plan to bun/ps for the rest of the year. Also no heat for the rest of the year besides my dom b/o for Thanksgiving.

Americka

Potential changes to regimen include:

• more DCs and HOTs
  • ponytails
  • avoiding shears the week prior to Thanksgiving :nono:
  • use heavier oils/products
  • wash once a week
All of this is dependent upon the temperature since Louisiana can have some pretty mild winters.

Taina

Hot oil treatments
Dc more times per week IF the hair starts to feel dry
I will buy garnier oil repairs leave in

Shana'

Fall doesn't start until Sept 22nd so actually Summer's not over.

:grin: Many consider Labor Day as the end of summer, as school has started. So with that being said, do you have any planned changes to your reggie?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Actually, I am Thinking about it, and planning out some changes as Far as Products/Techniques/Regimen etc....

But actually we do have a Few More Weeks of Summer Left, :look:so I will Focus more on it then.:yep:

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
My Reggie will pretty much stay the same, I'm in So Cal. seasons really don't change that much. At best I will probably stop using coconut oil once it gets cold, if it gets cold around Dec. Um that's pretty much it for me.

Shana'

• more DCs and HOTs
  • ponytails
  • wash once a week
All of this is dependent upon the temperature since Louisiana can have some pretty mild winters.

I know what you mean. I used to live in lower AL.

Shana'

Actually, I am Thinking about it, and planning out some changes as Far as Products/Techniques/Regimen etc....

But actually we do have a Few More Weeks of Summer Left, :look:so I will Focus more on it then.:yep:

I know that we have time but this just gives me a reason to shop, not that I need one.

flowinlocks

I will dc more once it gets cold, and I will seal with more heavier oils. I'll keep my hair up and away from wool coat collars or use a silk scarf.

Last edited:

pri

I'm going to try and leave my hair alone...so that means I'll be washing/dc'n 1x a week followed by rollersetting and just the usual moisturizing 1-2x daily..

Bun Mistress

I'm in the south so i have a few more weeks of heat left, however, I have thought about this over the past few weeks. I usually would go back to rollersetting but I'm transitioning now so those get time consuming so probably not. I think I'm going to get senegalese 9please don't mock my misspelling) twist in October/November then perhaps ponytail sets or nighttime braidouts with bunning the next day. Good thread.

vivEz daNs lamouR

Well, for the first time in a long time I'm going to have to really think about a Fall/Winter regimen. I'm in NYC where it gets cold as a mug AND this will be my first Fall and Winter as a natural.

That being said, I think I will probably:

- Up my DC's and incorporate Hot Oil Treatments
- Do more protective styling.. I'm trying my best to avoid using heat this winter, so I'm thinking of either braiding it up OR investing in some half wigs (I experimented with these this weekend and I absolutely loved it!)

I'm not really sure what else I should do though.. :lol: Any naturals care to chime in?

vivEz daNs lamouR

• more DCs and HOTs
  • ponytails
  • wash once a week

Why do you have to avoid shears specifically around Thxgiving?

DarkHair

I'm going to be doing the same since you can wear a thin shirt on Christmas round here. I just plan to wig it up for the winter.

mj11051

:grin: Many consider Labor Day as the end of summer, as school has started. So with that being said, do you have any planned changes to your reggie?

Many are wrong because the summer doesn't end until the fall starts, which why I put the date there. I'll make changes as necessary when the weather changes.:grin:

chiconya

Braids, braids and more braids. Using braid spray for moisture. Also I am almost due for a touch up and maybe a couple of weeks of a rollerset and or flatironed.

back2relaxed

I'm not really sure what will change yet...I am in Texas, but the wind blows crazy hard...and it gets cold for a few days!! I usually use more heat in the winter...b/c its milder and the flat iron will last for the week...I've been rollersetting all summer, so I look forward to being able to flat iron a little more frequently. I will definitely wash my hair less...for sure no more than 1x a week...and I will probably not be doing braidouts on wet hair as often...only if the weather is warm.

I generally make sure I dc w/heat every wash in the fall/winter as well. I will probably need to use a heavier moisturizer, and more protective styles, especially when I have to bring out the wool...sounds like I have some more detailing to figure out!

tocktick

I'm going back to protective styling with fake hair. My regimen itself is not going to change much. The one big difference will be less co-washing. For the most part, I'll just be doing everything less often. For example, instead of washing every 7 days, I'll be washing every 10-12.

MummysGirl

Not much will change except I'll stop prepooing with coconut oil (I usually prepoo overnight with it, go to the gym and then cowash out after my workout). I'll only add it to my DC's from now on. I don't think I'll change anything else... time will tell.

sharifeh

I guess I'll stop the coconut oil since people say it makes your hair hard in the cold....
other than that, I don't know