4bz/C-Napp Naturals What Deep Conditioner Do You Use?

Hairsofab

I feel like I've tried so many different regular conditioners and my hair still feels like the Sahara desert. I think maybe I need some deep conditioning treatment. Hopefully, something I can buy at the drug store. Just give me a name! I'll buy anything, I'm desperate.

My hair always feels dry too, unless it's in twists and moisture is sealed with an oil or something.

I've never had a staple deep conditioner, but I usually mix a conditioner with EVOO and honey. This makes my hair soft. Aussie Moist is a good, affordable condish.

anon123

I love Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment. wow, that took a long time to type, :lol: Not as good but better priced is Neutrogena Triple Moisture hair mask. Even cheaper but messier and more work is to make a concoction with mayonnaise, conditioner, and coconut oil.

JustKiya

Elasta QP Intense Fortifying treatment. Usually juiced up with some honeyquat & silk amino acids.

I'd suggest a couple of good steam treatments, if your hair is just not responding to DC moisture well.

loolalooh

My hair always feels dry too, unless it's in twists and moisture is sealed with an oil or something.

I've never had a staple deep conditioner, but I usually mix a conditioner with EVOO and honey. This makes my hair soft. Aussie Moist is a good, affordable condish.

I don't DC anymore, but I used to do this with Lustrasilk cholesterol and it worked really well. Co-sign!

Sherbetcane

Ouidad deep treatment works great. After deep conditioning,i use glycerine+aloe vera gel+ rosewater then i seal with castor oil...! i want to say thanks to pookiwah for showing me this mixture!! my hair feels softer and moisturized now!

Curls tea trea conditioner is not bad either. i think thats what its called..lol

Hairsofab

Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner. It's the best I've come across. :yep:

I actually have this. And use it regularly. But I don't think it is considered a deep conditioner. Does Kenra make a deep conditioner?

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I'm going to pick up something and try it tonight.

Junebug D

I actually have this. And use it regularly. But I don't think it is considered a deep conditioner. Does Kenra make a deep conditioner?

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I'm going to pick up something and try it tonight.

I believe it is a deep conditioner; the deep conditioning instructions are on their website. If it's not... then it still works better than any other DC I've tried, definitely. :ohwell:

knt1229

I use Le Kair Cholesteral. It makes my hair feel silky smooth and soft. I also have used plain whole milk yogurt mixed with coconut oil, castor oil and a regular condish. I let it sit on my head with a plastic cap for about an hour then rinse.

Also, shea butter is very good for moisturizing type 4 hair and can be used in a variety of ways including as a deep condish, hot oil treatment, or daily moisturizer.

To use as a deep condish:
Apply the shea butter to your hair, put on a plastic cap, sit under a hooded dryer for 30-60 minutes then rinse.

Last edited:

GoodGyrlNC

Nexxus Humectress mixed with jojoba oil leaves my 4b hair soo moisturized and soft. I get under the dryer for 20 to 30 minutes and it does the trick!

scarcity21

are u ready? lol...check this....elastaqp dpr + honey + porosity control + nexxus humeectress + EVOO + lustrasilk shea butter and mango cholesterol concotion

GabbanaGirl

I love Dudley's Hair Mask

If I want EXTRA EXTRA moisture, I will mix it with some Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Condish. It is rare that I mix these two (only when I do a hard protein treatment), because that mixture can sometimes over-condition my hair. However if your hair is bone dry, this will definitely get some life, body, shine, and moisture back in your hair!

Another one of my favorites is Aveda Damage Remedy Conditioner. It's a bit on the pricey side, though. But it works, and it does so fabulously.

CurleeDST

How about Paul Mitchell's deep conditioner in the moisturizing line?

I feel like I've tried so many different regular conditioners and my hair still feels like the Sahara desert. I think maybe I need some deep conditioning treatment. Hopefully, something I can buy at the drug store. Just give me a name! I'll buy anything, I'm desperate.