Natural Hair Resources Salon - Natural Hair 101 Boot Camp. Thoughts?

Ediese

This salon is located in downtown Houston. I've been trying to get an appointment for a year now, but it's always booked. I put my name on the waiting list at the beginning of the year. I got off the phone with one of the stylist, and she said that they'll start setting up appointments for those on the wait list in a couple weeks. I'm so excited! I think this is the best Natural hair salon in Houston. They're not as expensive as Unkle Funky's Daughter. As a matter of fact, I went over to Uncle Funky's and it seemed like they didnt' offer alot of services. Natural Resources has a variety of services, they also sell their own natural products, and kinky hair extensions.

Oh yea, they're in the process of adding new services and changing up their website. I noticed that they'll be offering a Natural hair Care 101 Bootcamp for $200. Do you guys think it's worth it? I think I'll do it. I need all the help I can get.

This is what's included:

Classes

Natural Hair Care Bootcamp - CLASS 101

Become your own natural stylist
Learn the techniques the professionals use to care for your natural hair! This camp is designed to encourage you to take charge of your natural beauty at Home!
Kit Includes:

Complimentary 25 piece hair care survival kit

Each student will receive everything you need to become your own stylist.

Each student will receive
blow dryer, proper clips, combs, sleep wear, hair pics, mirror, professional scissors, earth's nectar hair product coupons and much more!
Class Includes:

Hands on instruction for styling techniques
Learn to create professional natural two strand twist
Professional blow dry and trim
Beautiful twist out curls
Loc touch up maintenance
Straw setting
Flat twist
Fish tail and up do's
Progression of the kink
Past to present
Brief history on the rich history of our hair
beauty
Pre slavery - post slavery
Holistic advantges of natural hair care
How to transition from relaxed to natural
Hair-diet-nutrition
Tangle free shampoo techniques
Comb out without losing hair
How to properly remove extensions without breakage
Advantages of natural hair care products and moisture for natural hair
How to recognize scalp disorders
Identify traction alopecia
And much more ...
Afro mannequins provided for class instruction.
Mannequins can be purchased after class session.

Class Price: $200.00

Other thread with pics from portfolio
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=246841&highlight=natural+hair+resources+salon

http://naturalresourcessalon.com/classes.html

FindingMe

LAWD...I feel like driving to Houston to get it! I am in Austin...LAWD...Is it a 1 day class? or over several days?

msa

I think the price is worth it for the styling techniques they'll teach you. But a lot of the other stuff you can learn on lhcf or by simply using google. Sounds like a great salon. It'd be nice to have something like that around just to give myself a break sometimes.

Ediese

LAWD...I feel like driving to Houston to get it! I am in Austin...LAWD...Is it a 1 day class? or over several days?

Doesn't it sound great? I just called and she said it's an all day class. They don't have the next date planned, but you can email them to get on their email list. They'll send out more info when they set up new classes. [email protected]

Last edited:

nikki2229

I wish they offered this where I live.
It shows that they are confident in the services that they provide beacause they aren't afraid to lose customers after showing them how to self style and maintain.
Its nice to see a salon really care about the health of a clients hair.

isabella09

I wish they offered this where I live.
It shows that they are confident in the services that they provide beacause they aren't afraid to lose customers after showing them how to self style and maintain.
Its nice to see a salon really care about the health of a clients hair.

:yep: I completely agree.

Ediese, Hope you go and have a fantastic time and I shall eagerly await your feedback :)

Vonnieluvs08

I would love to take a class like this. It is nice to see ppl take pride in all that is involved in natural hair including the history. I would fly down for the weekend if they offer classes then. I need someone to teach me 2 strand and cornrows and any other styles I can wear with my natural hair.

Thanks for the info Ediese.

Platinum

I agree with MSA but I wouldn't mind taking the class. Sounds great but too bad I'm not in Houston.:ohwell:

Eisani

I think it's a great price and opportunity. We have a lot of info here, but it's always a different experience in a hands-on environment. Do it, do it! I think I'll check this place out next week.

I would do this in a heartbeat! I'm sad they don't have something like this in my area. I think the price is more than reasonable. I hope you go and come back and tell us your experience!