now, my pictures are too big to put..

Nonie

Copy and paste into Windows' Paint program. (Start - Programs - Accessories - Paint). Here you can crop off parts of the picture or just shrink it by going to Image - Stretch/Skew and entering a percentage (the same for both horizontal as vertical). To know what percentage to use in order to shrink it to 80 x 80, check the attributes first: Image - Attributes.

For instance, the enlarged picture you have used on your avatar has the attributes 500 pixels x 375 pixels. Since the width is greater than the height, it's a good idea to crop the picture widthwise to make the picture square, otherwise it will be squashed when you put it into your avatar. So right-click it and select copy, then open Paint program and go to Edit-Paste, then click anywhere outside the picture to de-select it.

If you look carefully, you'll see blue handles on the edges of the image once you paste it in Paint. The handles are on the corners and centers of the edges. Hold your mouse to the center one on the right edge. It should turn into a double-pointed arrow. Drag it inward to crop the picture a little. Don't worry about the picture not being centered; we'll fix that with the next crop. Now go to Edit - Select All and then use your mouse to shift the whole image to the left to chop off some of the left-hand side of the picture -- about as much as you chopped off on the right to keep the picture centered. To remove the white blank left on the right by this shift, move the center handle on the right edge as you did before. Check the attributes again. If you think at any time you've made a mistake, go to Edit - Undo. (You can undo only the last three changes.)
Now check attributes again to see how close you are to making the width 375. I ended up with 376 x 375 which is close. Notice how the sides have been cropped, but still the main subject of the picture is clear.

Now we need to find the right percentage to shrink it by. We could use guesswork, or do what I do and use a calculator. Basically, just divide 80 by 375 and use whatever number you get. I get 0.21333333.... which rounded off is 0.21 or 20 percent. So go to Image - Stretch/Skew and enter that as the horizontal and vertical percentage you want the picture "stretched" and you wind up with this which is about right (Actually it's slightly less coz 21.333333% would've been 80 x 80, but the program only accepts integers and 22 would've given you 83 x 83.)

It sounds more complicated than it really is. Once you do try it for a first time, it'll be a breeze the next time.