Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge 2009

La Colocha

No buys are hard to do so i came up with something a little different. Use 1 buy 1. This challenge is to use a product up before you purchase another one. I have a bad habit of buying things and not using them up.

Rules are very simple: Use a product up before you buy another one. If you order off line, you can order before your product runs out. So you will not be without. You can only purchase products when there are sales and discounts. Im hoping this will be fun and helpful to people. You can join anytime. This challenge will run until December,31st 2009.

Eta: You do not have to use a product up to take advantage of a sale or discount.

Challengers:
La Colocha
Ronnieaj
Closeout
Tranquility
Denise11
Americka
iNicola
Southern Stunner
IDareT'sHair
Shay72
Tiffers
Chebaby
Buddhas Mom
Mattie26
Kacie
It comes naturally
Redecouverte
Brownie518
Sharifeh
Taz007
Cherepikr
Charzboss
2themax
Everything Zen
Aggie
UGQueen
AlkalineSteam
Loves Harmony

Last edited:

Ronnieaj

I'm so in!!! Between sales and stocking up on discontinued/reformulated items, I SO need this! I'm already on a personal no-buy challenge, but my BF gave me a pass last night so I could get the 1 lb. bottle of Nexxus Emergencee (old formula). SMDH.

Closeout

I am IN!! I wa thinking about something similar to this challenge, i have a few Deep Conditioners that i need to get thru and 3 different types of moisturizers, and cowashing conditioners, i want to get my stash down so that i can try other products but i have NO ROOM...total into this challenge!

Tranquility

I'm in. I just started a couple of weeks ago. Keeping myself from spending money I do not need to be spending. Along with cleaning out my cabinets of products that are getting pushed to the back and catching dust.

Brownie518

Add me in, too!! This is what I've been trying to do, anyway. I was about to pass until I saw the part about the sales and specials!! hehehe
Since I have pretty much been sticking with the same products for the past year, this has been fairly easy. So far...

Americka

I would like to join! I especially like the part about sales and specials. I am trying to challenge myself to spend as little as possible. I got a bottle of VS's Nourishing Conditioner for $.80 when I used my birthday coupon combined with the free shipping offer and I just paid $5.38 for a bottle of Joico K-Pak Smoothing Balm and the Shine Serum when I used my JcPenney birthday coupon combined with their buy one get one for .99 on styling products. I can't stop spending, but I can spend my money wisely by taking advantage of sales, coupons, and discounts. This challenge is right on time!

La Colocha

I will try to keep this thread bumped. And we can check in and see how each other are doing. Good luck ladies.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Ok.....Ermm Umm....Sooooo Where do I sign up?:look:

After Project Inventory this Weekend -- This is Exactly the kind of Intervention-Reality Check I need.

Thanks for starting this Challenge La !:rolleyes:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Okay I want to get this straight :look: before I decide to join. So....you have to be out of one particular product or a category of products (ie, dc, cowash condishes)before you can buy again?

La Colocha

Okay I want to get this straight :look: before I decide to join. So....you have to be out of one particular product or a category of products (ie, dc, cowash condishes)before you can buy again?

Sorry shay like if you want to buy a conditoner, you have to use 1 product up before purchasing it. It can be a moisturizer, dc, etc. As long as you use up something before you purchase something else.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Sorry shay like if you want to buy a conditoner, you have to use 1 product up before purchasing it. It can be a moisturizer, dc, etc. As long as you use up something before you purchase something else.

Okay this works for me because honestly I don't remember the last time I actually used something up :lachen:. I seem to perpetually be in the "stocking up" or "trying something new" phase. I'm in :yep:!

La Colocha

Okay this works for me because honestly I don't remember the last time I actually used something up :lachen:. I seem to perpetually be in the "stocking up" or "trying something new" phase. I'm in :yep:!

Adding you too, I know i have a bad habit of getting to half and buying something else then not wanting to use it anymore. Remember you can still take advantage of sales and store discounts. I do alot more buying between sales so for me im going to save alot of money.

La Colocha

Stopping in to see how everyone is doing. Ive organized my products and came up with a strategy for now. I have put all of my open products together and im starting from what has the least product in it. Im going to use these up before i open anything else. Its going to take a while to use things up but im on a mission. I also did a spreadsheet to hang in the bathroom, so i can mark my products off as i use them. For now i have no urges to buy anything, going strong.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Stopping in to see how everyone is doing. Ive organized my products and came up with a strategy for now. I have put all of my open products together and im starting from what has the least product in it. Im going to use these up before i open anything else. Its going to take a while to use things up but im on a mission. I also did a spreadsheet to hang in the bathroom, so i can mark my products off as i use them. For now i have no urges to buy anything, going strong.

This Sounds Really Good. I may attempt to do something similar. Thanks! Although I honestly cannot admit to not having the urge tho':look: The Urge is still going strong.....................:lachen:

*off evaluating this strategy*

iNicola

Ok.....Ermm Umm....Sooooo Where do I sign up?:look:

After Project Inventory this Weekend -- This is Exactly the kind of Intervention-Reality Check I need.

Thanks for starting this Challenge La !:rolleyes:
Nice to see you here :grin::grin::grin:

The urge is still strong. I'm running out of my Ultra Nourish-Hair supplements and wanted to buy the Nioxin Recharge Complex from JCPenney but they are also having a sale. Hopefully I can be strong.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
After receiving my vitacost order yesterday I was like :nono:. I said the same thing in my blog because seriously :blush:!!! I may treat my cowash condishes a bit differently. I may need to reduce by 50-75% before I can buy anymore cowash condishes. It is just that damn ridiculous :yep:....

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Yay!!!! This is perfect for me! :yay:

I'll join in a few days, after my birthday. I'm gonna get myself some treats :sekret:

chebaby

im in.
i have been using things up anyway because now i know what works for my hair and frankly im not really interested in buying anything else....well for the most part anyway lol.
i am working on using up all those vo5 conditioners i bought last summer for co washing. its taking me a while though lol.

La Colocha

Nice to see you here :grin::grin::grin:

The urge is still strong. I'm running out of my Ultra Nourish-Hair supplements and wanted to buy the Nioxin Recharge Complex from JCPenney but they are also having a sale. Hopefully I can be strong.

Adding new names and welcome ladies, inicola you can buy at sales if you like. Tiffers ill put your name up and join in when you want.

Mattie26

Please add me I bought shampoo and conditioner yesterday and today. I need help. I've used up like one conditioner in the last month. My name is Mattie26 and I am a Product Junkie.

La Colocha

Please add me I bought shampoo and conditioner yesterday and today. I need help. I've used up like one conditioner in the last month. My name is Mattie26 and I am a Product Junkie.

Hey mattie, got you down and welcome to the challenge.