A few tips to an excellent Flat Ironing Journey for SJ

Lucky's Mom

Hey Ladies!

Well, as you know - I have done just about anything to keep the health of my hair paramount to heat, chems, etc....

NATURAL LADIES!!!!!!! This is for you!!!! :kiss:

This weekend I decided - on a whim - to flat iron my hair..........

But! I did not want to go through - setting, rolling, etc..

What I did...........

Pre pooed with Aloe Vera Inner fillet ( food grade)
teaspoon of wheat germ oil
tablespoon coconut oil

This helped me to detangle into 6 sections, and I left it on for an hour..

Shampooed

Post pooed - with the same mix.. I attempted to Steam - But - well, that is another story....:drunk:

Rinsed well - I mean - really well! Used Yes to Carrots condish as a rinsing assistant:yep:

I felt that my hair was cool calm and collected. Many conditioners do NOT calm my hair - but make it more volumous....Anyway - My hair was completely detangled.

Proof that ALOE VERA is the BEST NATURAL DETANGLER....:yep:

After vinegar final rinse.....Allowed my hair to dry a bit.

I sprayed Aveda Damage Control ( Thanks PinksSkates for the rediscovery) On each section.

Used a TEENY dime sized amount of Sabino Moisture Block on each Section

Then proceeded to Blow dry with my Trusty Ceramic Bablyss Dryer. Warm, high, then Hot/High.
I was allowing the DRYER to do most of the straightening.

The VICTORY????? Virturally NO HAIR lost!!!! NO hair on the Floor!!!! I was Stunned...:look: ( hence the point of my sharing this story) My blown dry hair was pretty silky.

I next proceeded to Flat iron with my FHI Runway. ( yep - finally using this....too)

The second VICTORY???? I only used the iron between 370 and 390 degrees. NO Shedding. NONE.

I am a very happy lady:yep: ........NO - I have no Pics. - Only because - I have not taken any yet. I will tomorrow morning.

So - I will NEVER EVER used heat beyond 390 ever again.

I will ONLY Blow dry before I flat iron, as all othe methods have resulted on Hair loss, and tangles!!! NO more air drying for me, etc!!!!

Smooches kids! You will see tomorrow! I hope this helps someone!

PinkSkates

YAY!!!!:clapping:
I try and tell the youngins that blow drying is not the devil when done properly and you protect your hair strands. That's how I keep all my hair on my head.

Lucky's Mom

I try and tell the youngins that blow drying is not the devil when done properly and you protect your hair strands. That's how I keep all my hair on my head.

Thank you ooooh Thank you Great PS!!!! :worship2:

I have done alot of reading and thinking.... and especially - I have read much of what you have written.

I also called Etae salon, and asked lots of questions.... Took notes :yep:

PinkSkates

Thank you ooooh Thank you Great PS!!!! :worship2:

I have done alot of reading and thinking.... and especially - I have read much of what you have written.

I also called Etae salon, and asked lots of questions.... Took notes :yep:

You're welcome! And I like your braids...great summer hairdo!

imaccami

ITA! I don't know why blow drying gets such a bad rap, but it works well for me. :grin:

issidoll

Hi SJ - how are you!
Looking forward to the pics.
What happened with the steaming? I still remember you taught me how to steam treat my strands. Thank you x

Faith

Can't wait to see pics. I'm still afraid of the blowdryer but glad it worked out for you :)

Could you give me some more info. on the Aveda Damage Control?

brownbean96

Thanks for bumping. Since ya did......:) Are you still using the same methods to flat iron? I've never used Aloe Vera in a pre-poo but since I have some, and I LOVE it in my twist outs, I will try it. Thanks.

Also, did you have pics of your finished hair? I'm sure it looked great.

You are one of my fav's on here. I love reading your posts:)

Lucky's Mom

Thanks for bumping. Since ya did......:) Are you still using the same methods to flat iron? I've never used Aloe Vera in a pre-poo but since I have some, and I LOVE it in my twist outs, I will try it. Thanks.

Also, did you have pics of your finished hair? I'm sure it looked great.

You are one of my fav's on here. I love reading your posts:)

Yes - I still do this for flat ironing.
and I think those pics are on my old laptop. I will have to search for them.

In the mean time... here are some other flat iron pics....Same theory really....
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=372675&highlight=

Janet'

Thanks...once I do my length check-i might have to use this process...Sounds like you've got it down to a science!