spinoff: naturals show one year of growth!!

chosen07

I love whimsy's thread . my last relaxer was June 27th-ish, 2008 (can't remember the exact date but it was the last days of june), so as of July 1st, I'll claim one year of natural growth, although it still looks like only 3 months of growth on some days:wallbash:. so you short-term transitioners out there (b.c'd before or at 1 year)...can you share your hair pics at your 1 year mark please and inspire this sister? (I don't plan on giving up but some days are worse than others trying to 'watch' my hair grow!:rolleyes:)
btw: if this thread already exists, blame it on my 'newness' and inability to keep up with the traffic on this sight :spinning:

thank you thank you thank you!

Last edited:

MsBoinglicious

Here's my 1 year mark. I didn't straighten after I BC'd so i don't have a length check. But fyi my shrinkage is half the length of my hair stretched.

Last edited:

glamazon386

October 06 - This was around the time I bced. I bced at about 5.5 months.

August 07

September 07

November 07

Last edited:

Duchesse

These are old pics, a year of growth (I've since relaxed my hair, but now I'm transitioning back , wishing I'd never relaxed, It would have been over 2 years for me now :spinning:)

Last edited:

chosen07

so there is some hope that I can get some 'hang time' with my hair in another 2-3 months once I reach my year mark huh? :releases breath:
what's really cool with threads like this is...that most women have an avg of 6 inches of growth (notwithstanding other factors) but 6 inches looks so differently with different textures.

Whimsy

You'll have hang time for sure.
I LOVE seeing all the different textures and hair types.

chiprecious

EXCELLENT THREAD! I'm transitioning (15th week) and I feel like if this is all the new growth I have so far I'm going to be baldylocks for the next 5 yrs!! I'm going to assume it's the shrinkage....This thread is givine me some hope...

chosen07

http://http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_A553y7qHGmc/SbCULvXKAoI/AAAAAAAAAWo/GL7fW_6NC1I/s320/DSCF8555.sized.jpg

here's my contribution.

this is from a vacay i took when i was about 11-12 months post relaxer and 5 months post BC.

More pix can be seen here: http://longnaturalhair.blogspot.com/2009/03/my-natural-hair.html

i couldn't see the pic in the post..but I saw the post on your blog...very inspiring... thanks! so you were natural, then texlaxed and now on your way to natural again? :) your siggy pic is beautiful by the way!

cmw45

I don't have anything recent...I know, I know, I need to update badly but my camera is out of comission...but I do have a collection of siggys that shows progress over a one year time span.

ETA, my last relaxer was May 6, 2006 and I BC'd on August 31, 2006.

Last edited:

shortycocoa

Hair Weave Killer
Ok I know you didn't ask for the extras, but I decided to include them because I think it makes for nice storytelling.

Attachments

• day after my last relaxer.jpg
    day after my last relaxer.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 134
  • mini chop #1 (can't remember the date).jpg
    mini chop #1 (can't remember the date).jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 130
  • mini chop #2 december 13, 2005.jpg
    mini chop #2 december 13, 2005.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 126
  • all gone the next day (december 14, 2005).jpg
    all gone the next day (december 14, 2005).jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 128
  • about to go to the barbershop.jpg
    about to go to the barbershop.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 150

shortycocoa

Hair Weave Killer
I posted in Whimsy's thread just now. Here's my contribution to
your thread, Chosen07!

Kimberly's transition period: 4 months (August 2005-December 2005)
Last chemical fire cream: August 12, 2005
Big Chop: December 14, 2005
Completely natural since December 14, 2005

I was just a few days shy of my one year anniversary in the december 6th pics but you get the idea.

Attachments

• before the barbershop #2.jpg
    before the barbershop #2.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 137
  • after the barbershop december 14, 2005.jpg
    after the barbershop december 14, 2005.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 135
  • after the barbershop #2.jpg
    after the barbershop #2.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 133
  • december 6, 2006.jpg
    december 6, 2006.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 163
  • december 6, 2006 ponytail.jpg
    december 6, 2006 ponytail.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 152

bad hair day

I have tried using mega tek with zero results. I bought 2 bottles at once. I have almost completed the first bottle and I have no desire to use the second one. So if anyone is interested in purchasing it from me for $20 plus postage let me know. It is yours.

chosen07

here is a year's worth of growth of my hair. my last relaxer was end of june 08. this pic of my pressed hair was taken on june 30, 09. I *may* have lost about .5-1 inche of hair when I b.c.'d but I think this is pretty accurate of my growth rate...

and here it is in its shrunken state as I typically wear my wash'n'go