How often do you moisturize your hair?

How often do you moisturize your hair to prevent dryness?

• Once a week

Votes: 26 4.7%
  • Twice a week

Votes: 54 9.7%
  • Once a day

Votes: 263 47.1%
  • 2 or more times a day

Votes: 194 34.8%
  • other (please explain)

Votes: 21 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stella B.

I usually moisturize twice a day. In the morning I moisturize with a water spritz, followed by a creamy leave - in, and sealed with an absorbing oil. My hair soaks this up during the day, so in the evening, I 'll apply a little leave- in and a drop or two of oil to the ends only, before I go to bed.

Samchat123

I'm a 4b/c natural for about 2 years. I moisturize once in the morning with Jane Carter leave-in before I get in the shower. I wash once a week with KC Come Clean, and do a Kinky Curly application once a weak. I pre-poo overnight with JC Conditioner. Works Great!

*Muffin*

I moisturize once per day, but a lot of times (especially the day after DC'ing) I really don't need to moisturize. But I do it anyway :giggle:. My favorite moisturizer is AOHSR mixed with a bit of coconut oil. I know it's technically a rinse-out conditioner, but it's the best moisturizer I've ever used on my hair, and I don't think I'll betray it :). I only have to use the tiniest amount, apply it to dampened hair, and the moisture is just :lick:.

Great thread OP, btw

Last edited:

Sirens_Song

Now I moisturize 1x in the AM after taking my scarf off and 1x at night before I put it on.

With a fresh relaxer I use lacio lacio. As the weeks go on I switch to Salerm 21 which is much heavier.

ParagonTresses

I'm natural so I moisturize daily. Right now I'm keeping my hair twisted throughout the week. When I wake up in the morning and before I wrap my hair up at night I use my water based spritz. Weekly I DC with steam, use a "rinse out" or sometimes even a "deep" conditioner as my leave in plus Quemet"s heavy creme and seal with avocado oil.

moonglowdiva

I moisturize my hair 2 times per day or more if I feel that more is needed. I really like CFCG, CFC Instant moisturizer, Wave Nouveau. I'm still searching for a moisturizer that can be used on rollersets that won't make the hair frizzy.

LiqueXX

I moisturize every other day with Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter and use Kemi Oyl to seal. I have only been doing this for a week but I am loving the results.

I plan on buying Qhemet's Amla & Olive Oil Heavy Cream and also using it every other day.

4evershika

I co-wash darn near every other day and I load up on moisturizers on wash days so I rarely moisturize outside of my wash-days.

Miss AJ

Depends on the style. If it's out then I have to moisturize twice a day. Once a day when in low manipulation styles, sometimes twice depending on the weather and when in full protective styles I can go up to 3 days without having to moisturize again.

MaintaintheSexy

I am currently wearing braids. Initially I would apply either coconut or castor oil to my scalp, but then I realized that oil does not moisturize one's hair. I use Emergency Hair Treatment 911 Leave In Treatment. I apply it daily and it works well.

Foufie

I checked "twice a week" but its more like 3 times cause I do it every time I re-do my fro or twist out. ....Maybe I should do more...

Bliss806

I moisturized my hair twice a day for the past month and my hair is really mushy and breaking. Should I be using a protein every other day or something?

makeupvixen

For me it depends on what I'm moisturizing with, and this goes for summer and winer:

With AfroVeda Ginger Almond Butter it was twice a day (prike hike and no longer buying Afroveda)
With AfroVeda Shea Amla Butter it Was once a day
With AfroVeda Hemp Seed cream it Was once every other day
With HairVeda Noi Nah Butter it's once a day
With Qhemet B. AOHC it was once every other day
With Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie twice to three times a day
With Oyin Handmade Whipped Pudding once a day
With Beaji Flor Naturals Hemp Butter Cream once a day
With KBB Hair milk three times a day
With KBB Hair Cream it was once a day or every other day

Keep in mind that I spray my hair (3-6 squirts) with a diluted Greg Juice by Oyin Handmade before I put on my moisturizer. Sometime with diluted Jane Carter leave in spray.

(Diluted = with half product and half spring water)

Last edited:

dollface0023

once daily...but I'm getting ready to start doing it more then that. I notice that by the end of the day my hair is dry, but my ends stay moisterized...