Not stopping sulfur before relaxer???

Lava27

Does anyone do this or use sulfur very close to their relaxer date?? I know most ladies around here stop sulfur about a week before relaxing, but I was wondering if anyone didn't stop and has seen no ill effects???

SmartyPants

Does anyone do this or use sulfur very close to their relaxer date?? I know most ladies around here stop sulfur about a week before relaxing, but I was wondering if anyone didn't stop and has seen no ill effects???

I didn't stop and lost a nickel-sized patch of hair as a result! :wallbash: This was in August 2008. My hair is just starting to grow back in in that spot. :nono:

Do yourself a favor and wash the sulfur out of your hair a week before a chemical process!

soulie

My Boundless Tresses container says to stop a week prior to relaxing; I wouldn't risk it when they have given an explicit warning.

disgtgyal

My cousin didn't stop once (actually I forgot to tell her she was suppose to) and she had scabs all over her scalp and as a result of her pulling the scabs off she lost a lot of hair, so I would suggest you don't use it the week you decide to relax, but to be safe I stop a week or two before.

Lava27

oh boy...everyone just scared me big time!! I just used a bit of MTG on edges today and was supposed to relax Thursday. Has this worked for no one? These are a bunch of horror stories....do I have to push back my relaxer?! Will washing help???

SmartyPants

oh boy...everyone just scared me big time!! I just used a bit of MTG on edges today and was supposed to relax Thursday. Has this worked for no one? These are a bunch of horror stories....do I have to push back my relaxer?! Will washing help???

I'd do a co-wash tonight just to get the sulfur off, then make sure you use vaseline to base your scalp really well where you applied the MTG.

song_of_serenity

I forgot to wash mine out...VERY underprocessed and had sores...thankfully, no hairloss.
Under processing is a major thing, the relaxer won't "take"...the burning/sores can happen as well!
~*Janelle~*

Lava27

OMG! I'm so scuurrred now. I was planning on cowashing tonite anyway, and then I can wash tomorrow....but I think I should wait until Sat?? Can't believe I did this...I really wanted to go out and look cute of thurs and fri!! :(

hillytmj

I would definitely stop. My former stylist once based me with a sulfur product and I was screaming because it burned like fire when she applied that relaxer. That's when she discovered not to do that again. Lots of chemical burns afterwards.

Lava27

so anyone know if it's ok to relax friday?? I stopped sulfur on monday and cowashed later that night....ADVICE PLEASE!?