Who uses that Flat-iron comb thingy-ma-jig?

MsBoinglicious

*searched but didn't find any post on it, redirect me if you do*

So i have seen this comb on youtbe when people flat-iron their hair.

(Jilbere Vented Straightening/Cutting Comb)

So i was curious and searched high and low and found it at Sally's. It says that it can be used to help flati-iron the hair and cut/trim the hair. Do you ladies use this and if so does it really help?

PreciousPearl

Right now, I do the chase method using a regular comb. This has been working well for me. I saw this comb at Walmart and wondered if it was better than using a regular comb. Your thoughts?

Whimsy

Off Topic - boingboing your hair looks so pretty and lush and soft and fluffy and i just wanna play in it! especially the 3rd pic in your siggie. I LOVE IT!!

...carry on.

blackbarbie

Why did I know exactly what you were talking about just from reading the title!?!?

Yes, I have one (must have picked it up somewhere for a couple of dollars b/c I can't see myself just buying one "just because" and I don't even flat iron my hair that much)

Where is the tutorial on how to use it?

BB

Allandra

I don't have one of those, but I just use a regular (small tooth) comb, and it works great. My stylist does the same thing.

MsBoinglicious

Right now, I do the chase method using a regular comb. This has been working well for me. I saw this comb at Walmart and wondered if it was better than using a regular comb. Your thoughts?

Whats the chase method?

Off Topic - boingboing your hair looks so pretty and lush and soft and fluffy and i just wanna play in it! especially the 3rd pic in your siggie. I LOVE IT!!

...carry on.

Hehe that was my first rollerset. I really loved it. I really didn't even need heat to get my hair straight! I used my flatiron on the second lowest setting. thanks!

Why did I know exactly what you were talking about just from reading the title!?!?

Yes, I have one (must have picked it up somewhere for a couple of dollars b/c I can't see myself just buying one "just because" and I don't even flat iron my hair that much)

Where is the tutorial on how to use it?

BB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeT1C6vCvTE

Last edited:

ChristmasCarol

Bought two of them at Sally's last month and I really like it. I use it when giving my baby DD a blowout w/a blowdryer. Her pics are in my album entitled "Dear Daughters". I used it on my own hair today for the first time with a flatiron. I decided to use my FHI instead of my Maxiglide and it was waaay easier than holding a comb for the chase method. I Luv it!

mEmYSELFaNDj

Ow now I gotta go out and get one. It seems like it would be much easier with one of these instead of a rat tail comb just because on this it actually will securely hold the hair on the comb, while combing down the length of the hair. So yeah Im getting one tomorrow. i gotta go to sallys tomorrow anyways to pick up some argon oil.