12 inches in 12 months challenge update month 7***

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
It's time for an update ladies!

I had to take a break from my vits for a while because they just didn't seem as effective. I will start back with them by August. I don't know how long my hair is or how much newgrowth I have 'cause I have been in braids all summer.

How is everyone else doing?? Well I hope.

LABETT

I felt the same way DSD about my vits and took a break from them before the summer since restarting my hair has been growing nicely I am happy with my length right now and I am still surging away.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
I have considered trying the surge again since I have been resting from the vits. Maybe that will help a little and I don't have to pop so many pills! lol

itismehmmkay

I don't know about on the way to 12 inches? But I've noticed some pretty good growth within this past month. I've been wearing braids and spraying w/ SURGE!

I'm hoping that by the end of this year, I'll be able to have a texturized/curly cheek-length bob (remember...I'm coming off of a Jan. BIG CHOP). All I need is a good 6 inches of hair to start off with. I have about 3-4 inches so far and w/ 5 more months.....I should have it

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
chellee said:
How long were you taking the vitamins before they stopped working?

[/ QUOTE ]
I would say about 6 months!

oglorious1

Mixologist
I actually measured my hair(I felt foolish doing it), and looking at the new growth from my kinky twist, I have an inch in some places....I don't know why but my hair grows longer on one side than the other, I conconcted a makeshift braid spray(Surge, Infusium 23, peppermint oil, WGO/mixed with whatever oil I have on hand), that really seems to be helping. I've been mixing peppermint oil into just about everything lately except for my Suave products.

Chipmunk

I've been taking my vitamins regularly and my hair seems to be back on track. I switched braiders, it came to my attention that the way she was braiding was doing more harm than good to my hair. I know for sure that I got an inch in June.

brickhouse

Re: 12 inches in 12 months challenge update month

I really don't know how much growth I have maintained but since my last touch up I was a few inches from brastrap. I will be getting another touch up in Sept and I will post pics then. I am hoping for brastrap by then. I stopped taking my vits also but will start back in a couple of days + using surge and wgo.

Ipanema

Well, I measured, and it's an inch longer in some areas & about half an inch longer in others. I'm still taking my vitamins, doing scalp massages, and thinking about trying Surge again
because I'd like a nice growth spurt this summer.

I've been wearing 2-strand twists since May, and I'm getting so bored with the style, but it's helping my hair stay healthy (very little manipulation & no heat necessary). I don't even worry about split ends or knots anymore.

hotshot

month seven! already? i dont even want to talk about it!
getting growth spurts, but ive had hard water/breakage setbacks. im on a good streak now though. but im sick of measuring.

ChocoKitty

I don't know exactly where I am now but I know I've achieved some growth. When I stretch my natural it's about an inch past my armpit.

WaterMoccasin

I'm about 3 inches behind in this challenge. I'm hoping to get an inch a month for these last months. If I can get 9 inches in the year, I'll be ecstatic. I'd be at or very near my ultimate goal which I didn't think I'd reach until next year sometime, between Feb and the summer.

But we'll see! Summer is working magic right now! And the surge and freeda Biotin sure help.

I'm tired measuring too, I probably won't measure again until August/September (the end od my 365-day-challenge/summer challenge)

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach

It's alright everyone. If we don't make the entire 12 inches at least we put our heart into it. We will come out with longer, stronger, healthier hair!!

hotshot

i think twists and ego boost will be my road to hair victory.

SweetNic_JA

Im excited to see everyone's progress. I know there are a lot of you that can make or even break this challenge...ie Skeegesh (sp). I on the other hand, know my hair too well to even think about joining.

Nanyanika

I'm late but i'll join this challenge and aim for 6 inches in 6 months, the only way possible is for me to stick with C&G, take vits, CW, excerise and diet.

Nanyanika

MSM 2000mg daily
Amino Acids 6 a day well over 2000mg, I think
B-vitamain 500mg daily
B-5 500mg
Fo-ti 560 mg daily
L-cysteine 550mg daily

My diet will be high protein, low carbs. Tae Bo for exercise sessions. I add my plastic cap method every night to keep my cornrows moist and to initiate an growth spurt, which i get in humid weather conditions when i was in jamaica. I will CW or shampoo once a week and keep surging and s-curling lol everyday. That's a hell of a lot of work, but i'll try and see what happens

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach

[ QUOTE ]
den1 said:
MSM 2000mg daily
Amino Acids 6 a day well over 2000mg, I think
B-vitamain 500mg daily
B-5 500mg
Fo-ti 560 mg daily
L-cysteine 550mg daily

My diet will be high protein, low carbs. Tae Bo for exercise sessions. I add my plastic cap method every night to keep my cornrows moist and to initiate an growth spurt, which i get in humid weather conditions when i was in jamaica. I will CW or shampoo once a week and keep surging and s-curling lol everyday. That's a hell of a lot of work, but i'll try and see what happens

[/ QUOTE ]

You are giving new plenty of ideas! Good Luck!

SweetNic_JA

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
You are so sweet! Come on and join in SNJ!

[/ QUOTE ]
ti
DSD I'd love to but I would be setting myself up for complete failure...I know I know, don't speak defeat but my hair grows extremely slow. It's down to 1/4 a month now.
I'll just be the cheerleader for the team.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach

[ QUOTE ]
SweetNic_JA said:
[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
You are so sweet! Come on and join in SNJ!

[/ QUOTE ]
ti
DSD I'd love to but I would be setting myself up for complete failure...I know I know, don't speak defeat but my hair grows extremely slow. It's down to 1/4 a month now.
I'll just be the cheerleader for the team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you just said it, Don't speak defeat.

Thanks for all the support.
I wish you well!

Vanessa22

I really can't tell right now. I just put some kinky twists in. Hopefully, these will help speed up some growth, despite the harsh way my hair was being combed prior. Surging and eventually pastic capping....

kinikini2

I've missed LHCF!

Hi Girls

I have been very much away from the Boards, but I haven’t forgotten this 12-month challenge at all. I haven't measured recently but I know that my hair is growing since putting it in a bun is getting easier and easier. I trimmed about an inch off the back alone in mid-May since I was starting a new job and wanted a more even "bobbed" look to my growing out layers.

Since my last relaxer at end of June (no trim), I have been keeping it up in a claw clip most days. I con wash 2-3 times per week, not as often as I would like but it will have to do. I use LUST for my con washes with some oils mixed in soemtimes. If it is itchy I will use Aveda Sap Moss and shampoo once, and if it's horribly itchy I use Suave clarifying shampoo instead. As for heat -- in the form of a flat iron for special occasions - prob twice/month and then perhaps curling iron or steam rollers every so often. I tie it down at nite, coat ends with mango butter or Profectiv Breakfree and spray liberally!! with my conditioner-oil concoction. I also spray my clipped up hair in the mornings too. By the time I get to work it is all absorbed and my hair is nice and smooth and shiny, and the ends stay moisturized all day.

As for vits -- I take a multi-vit most days with a couple Biotin pills (I forget what dose) and am trying to start back with the others - MSM especially.

I will DEFINITELY have a length update and some pics by early August for everyone. I'm pushing the growth this rounds since I have family coming to visit in Aug who haven’t seen me in a while.

Sorry for the long update. See you guys in another couple days (a week!?).

Hugs to everyone holding down the fort here at LHCF and warm welcome to the newbies -- the ladies here know what they are talking about.. but remember once you get in tune with your hair, you will know it best and know EXACTLY what it needs and when..

Happy Hair Growing!

Kini

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach

[ QUOTE ]
kinikini2 said:

Hi Girls

I have been very much away from the Boards, but I haven’t forgotten this 12-month challenge at all. I haven't measured recently but I know that my hair is growing since putting it in a bun is getting easier and easier. I trimmed about an inch off the back alone in mid-May since I was starting a new job and wanted a more even "bobbed" look to my growing out layers.

Since my last relaxer at end of June (no trim), I have been keeping it up in a claw clip most days. I con wash 2-3 times per week, not as often as I would like but it will have to do. I use LUST for my con washes with some oils mixed in soemtimes. If it is itchy I will use Aveda Sap Moss and shampoo once, and if it's horribly itchy I use Suave clarifying shampoo instead. As for heat -- in the form of a flat iron for special occasions - prob twice/month and then perhaps curling iron or steam rollers every so often. I tie it down at nite, coat ends with mango butter or Profectiv Breakfree and spray liberally!! with my conditioner-oil concoction. I also spray my clipped up hair in the mornings too. By the time I get to work it is all absorbed and my hair is nice and smooth and shiny, and the ends stay moisturized all day.

As for vits -- I take a multi-vit most days with a couple Biotin pills (I forget what dose) and am trying to start back with the others - MSM especially.

I will DEFINITELY have a length update and some pics by early August for everyone. I'm pushing the growth this rounds since I have family coming to visit in Aug who haven’t seen me in a while.

Sorry for the long update. See you guys in another couple days (a week!?).

Hugs to everyone holding down the fort here at LHCF and warm welcome to the newbies -- the ladies here know what they are talking about.. but remember once you get in tune with your hair, you will know it best and know EXACTLY what it needs and when..

Happy Hair Growing!

Kini

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you are doining great! Can't wait to se the update!!!