Got pics of styled twists??

zzirvingj

I wanna twist my hair but I don't wanna do the "usual"--which is me just simply wearing them down.

I need some ideas of how I can wear them in an updo...or half up/half down...whatever. Anybody got pics of "styled twists" they can share??

They don't have to be your hair, either...if you have pics of other people's twists or images from online saved, please share :drunk:

Nonie

With your hair you can pull some nice updos. For my short strands, these are all I could come up with:

Braid-out on twists:

Napp

Ms. Nobody

this is a bantu set on twists. the result was cute.the pic doesnt do i t justice. i blow dryed my hair before twisting and they were small.

Nonie

Oh oh oh...Zzirving this does you no good coz it's better on short hair, but humor me as it is my all time favorite twist do and my hubby's worst. :lachen: He hated it so much; said it looked like I had tarantulas on my head. :lol:

Lucky's Mom

With your hair you can pull some nice updos. For my short strands, these are all I could come up with:

Braid-out on twists:

Beautiful! is that a phony puff on the first couple of pics?

I love them!!! ( ideas, I 've got ideas):lick:

Nonie

Beautiful! is that a phony puff on the first couple of pics?

I love them!!! ( ideas, I 've got ideas):lick:

Thank you. Yes, it's a phony puff.

ETA a new do I had considered but never tried to see if I could pull it off till today. Had not thought about how to join the back but I guess my clumsy way didn't turn out too badly:

Last edited:

ScandalousBeauty

I'll be figuring some out because I am doing micro twists at the moment. These things are so tiny that they WILL be in for at least 45-60 days. Hopefully I'll think of some creative styles!! I'll be updating my hair blog throughout the journey, hopefully every few days. I want to give hope and options to discouraged naturals everywhere!

rsmith

THis is my current style. Flat twist on one side. the rest is two strand

Attachments

• Image-17.jpg
    Image-17.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 45

productjunkie814

This is how I usually wear my twists...these were taken in Oct 2008, so the style looks better now that my hair is a little longer, in my opinion

Hairsofab

Thank you. Yes, it's a phony puff.

ETA a new do I had considered but never tried to see if I could pull it off till today. Had not thought about how to join the back but I guess my clumsy way didn't turn out too badly:

I like this updo. I wish my hair was long enough to do that.

Leeda.the.Paladin

I mostly just wear them as is, but here are some of what I do (though Nonie kind of blows me out of the water! ;) )

With my trusty hair zing:

and:

Nonie

Good lord woman!! You know you have got some skillzzz! :grin:

I am really digging that braid out on twists!

:lachen: at the bold. Thanks.

I was just admiring your hair zing do :love: and getting mad that I didn't think of it first! So clever and purrty!

BrooklynSouth

I wore my twists out today for the first time walking Puppygurl to PETCO. I tied a scarf as a headband and felt so free after always wearing a scarf or wig over them. My twists are not yet well done :ohwell:or cute but they are mine.

Attachments

• APRIL 10 2009.jpg
    APRIL 10 2009.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 70

Nonie

I wore my twists out today for the first time walking Puppygurl to PETCO. I tied a scarf as a headband and felt so free after always wearing a scarf or wig over them. My twists are not yet well done :ohwell:or cute but they are mine.

Good for you! Seriously, we are usually our worst critics. Glad you were able to enjoy them.