***12 inches in 12 months challenge update month 6

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Ladies, we are half way there. How is everyone coming along?

I feel like I have a long way to go but I am trying to catch up over the summer months.

jetcitygirl

Smeller of roses
Not so good, I've only gained a little under 3" since January (including 1"trim in Feb). My hair grows fastest Sept-Dec so I'm gonna be the come-back kid. Also I've been shedding like crazy for the last month. Not sure what that's about. Losing my winter coat??

mly3e

The comb is stuck.
I joined late, but I think I am making good progress, even though I had a setback with thinning hair and irritated scalp. My birthday is on the 23rd of this month so I am conditioning my hair a lot in preperation for dying it with highlites.

happylocks

I have only gained 1/2 inch per month, soo am behind

Ipanema

Well, I had a setback recently, so I've only managed to retain about 2 inches since January. But with my new routine, I don't plan on having any more of those problems. 6 INCHES in 6 MONTHS or BUST!!!

laketta

Mine has gotten a little longer. Certainly no 6 inches. If anything it is getting outrageously thick so instead of getting longer, it's getting wider! Maybe I'm doing something backwards here.

LABETT

I went on a vitamin break the month of may so hair did not grow as fast but I am making progress.
I going to get braids for awhile I am satisfied with my current progress.

WaterMoccasin

[ QUOTE ]
jetcitygirl said:
Not so good, I've only gained a little under 3" since January (including 1"trim in Feb).

[/ QUOTE ]

Exact same here! Except, I think it's great...for me at least. I cut off an inch in Feb and have gone from collarbone to 2 inches past collarbone since Jan. Add to that the inch I gained between Dec and Jan and I've gained at least 3 inches since the challenge began...so i'm behind but happy with the retention thus far! I have great hope/faith in a summer/fall spurt and will hopefully end up with like a total of about 9 inches for the year! So yeah, 6 inches in 6 months, let's go! (I'm optimistic now that I gained an inch in May alone)

Valerie

I am not really sure myself. My hair stretched reaches just past my nape and just a inch away from my collar. I had my hair put in twists, using the kinky twist extensions on Friday, and I hope that I can keep them in for at least until the end of July.

bellydancer

i don think i have 6 inches. no i KNOW i don't have 6 inches. i haven't stuck to my routine. this summer is different though. since i'm not in school (well i am taking a few classes) i'll be able to cut down on the stress and get back to my 6 inches in 6 months