I Broke Cardinal Rule #2

Ediese

Ladies, I posted a couple weeks ago about the Dos and Don'ts when you wear sew-in weaves. Rune #2 on that list was making sure that you don't let the stylist braid your hair too tight.

Well, even after knowing that, I still allowed it to happen. I feel stupid because I allowed her to do it. I'm suffering from it right now. I don't blame the weave or the stylist. I totally blame myself. I realized when she was putting it in that it was too tight, but I had to look good for my birthday dinner that night, so I let it be. For my hair, the hair around my hairline is extremely fragile. I didn't care because I wanted to be fly, so I allowed her to grasp even those fragile strands to cornrow it up. Now, I've actually pulled out about a 50-100 strands of hair around the front hairline. (I could see a lot of tiny white bulbs sticking out so I knew those strands were already pulled out) I've been pulling out so many strands.:nono:

I was a little down on myself, but I know that it'll grow back within a couple months, so I'm not tripping. I've been using boundless tresses, and megatek to help me out. This will not stop me from getting weaves. I just know that I really need to stick to the rules.:yep:

I hope anyone reading this does not automatically jump to the conclusion that weaves are bad. I've been using them for the past 1.5+ years with great success. You just have to make sure that you have it done correctly, and follow the steps to properly maintain them. Just arm yourself with the right weave knowledge, and you'll be okay. Or, at least learn from my mistakes.

Here is the post about the definite Don'ts that I've personally experienced..

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=298353&highlight=weave

Here are some pics. (My hair should start where my finger is)

ETA: My hair has already started to fill in. (The marks that you see is from acne..please don't mind that)

Last edited:

Ediese

I'm sorry you went through this. Keep massaging it and it will get better.

Thanks. Yes, I know it'll be fine. I just wanted to post so others will kinda take heed. I was a little upset in the beginning, but I know it'll grow back so I'm cool.

naturalgurl

Thanks for sharing. Not everyone would you know. I'm glad you're positive about it, the best way to be. Like you said, it'll grow back and you won't do it again...I'm sure.

Ediese

Thanks for sharing. Not everyone would you know. I'm glad you're positive about it, the best way to be. Like you said, it'll grow back and you won't do it again...I'm sure.

Thanks. Yeah..I knew bettter, so that's the only reason I felt bad in the beginning. Lesson learned..

LadyPaniolo

:sneakyhug:

I'm sorry this happened to you... my hairline got jacked up even worse than yours right now from micros followed by a too tight weave... :wallbash: I know it will grow back, but it still sucks to have my hair looking so rough. Especially since I spend so much time and money trying to make it healthy and long! :hot:

Time heals all wounds...

wannabelong

Oh no Ediese! I'm soo sorry this happened to you. Don't worry, your hair will grow back quickly since you are using Boundless Tressed and Mega Tek. Stay encouraged.

kennedi

This was a great post, thank you for sharing. It is very helpful, as I am currently wearing a full sew in (no hair out). I'll be sure to be mindful of everything you suggested.

Amerie123

^^^so am I. I just installed my 2nd full sew-in, and I am just glad that u were nice enough to share that so that we can avoid it. very thoughtful of you. atleast on the bright side, u have long enough hair to wear a swoop or somehthing, although it's not that bad.

Last edited: