My Hair Is Drenched in Moisture!

MonaRae

I just made a batch of MzTeaCake's The SUPER Moisturizer for Type 4b/4a Hair. She is really on to something! For instructions click --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qDiYyMnwXc

Here what I used:

Raw Shea Butter
Rose Water
Vegetable Glycerin
Aloe Vera Gel
AO Honeysuckle Rose Condish (she used Coconut & Papaya Lotion)

And I threw in 3g of MSM for good measure!

Sorry ladies but the eyeball method was used so I can't tell you the exact amount of anything (other then the MSM).

I have never brought anything that moistured my hair like this! It is really drenched which is a very good thing b/c I use MT and really need a powerful moisturizer to combat all that protein.

Try it! You will not be sorry!

PuddingPop

Wow. I saw that video a few weeks ago an I thought it looked great. I was going to try it but in the you tube comments she said she thought it might be to heavy for relaxed hair. Are u relaxed? If u are and it worked for u I might give it a try.

MonaRae

Thanks for the post! That is exactly what my hair needs right now:to be drenched in moisture. Where can I get all of those ingredients?

I got them all from the health food store. I already had most to the products. All I really needed was the shea butter and AO condish. Thank God cause its pretty price but its well worth it.

Wow. I saw that video a few weeks ago an I thought it looked great. I was going to try it but in the you tube comments she said she thought it might be to heavy for relaxed hair. Are u relaxed? If u are and it worked for u I might give it a try.

I'm 6 months post right now and my hair took a left turn last week on the dry side. So I really needed this. I'm currently viewing another vlog of MzTeaCake where she said adding coconut oil will help lighten it up.

ResultsMayVary

Thanks!!! This looks really really good! I plan to try this over the holidays and just switch up some of the ingredients for my own concoction :brainy: since my hair doesn't get along with aloe vera gel or glycerin

loulou82

I saw this YT clip too. I don't have any raw shea butter but I do have JCS Nourish and Shine. So I'll sub that and also distilled water for the rosewater.

JustKiya

Oooh, yeah, I do this all the time! That's my leave-in, more or less - I love it. The butters + conditioner combo is the sure shot. :yep:

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

I saw this YT clip too. I don't have any raw shea butter but I do have JCS Nourish and Shine. So I'll sub that and also distilled water for the rosewater.

You might still want to get rose water (Indian, African, Arab stores or healthfood shop) because it's very moisturizing, much moreso than distilled water.

anon123

Here what I used:

Raw Shea Butter
Rose Water
Vegetable Glycerin
Aloe Vera Gel
AO Honeysuckle Rose Condish (she used Coconut & Papaya Lotion)

I have all these ingredients, too! Maybe I'll combine them all, since I'm not doing much else with them. The rose water I bought actually also contains glycerin when I checked its ingredient list. When I was trying the rosewater as a spray, I really didn't like its stickiness, though. Hmm, I think I'd also add some oil to that because my hair likes oil. Maybe castor or avocado.

zzirvingj

At home I have:

Glycerin
AO HSR
Aloe vera juice

Anyone use this combo or think it'll work just as well? I don't have any rosewater or vegetable glycerin. I may try this out 2morrow....

*Frisky*

At home I have:

Glycerin
AO HSR
Aloe vera juice

Anyone use this combo or think it'll work just as well? I don't have any rosewater or vegetable glycerin. I may try this out 2morrow....

I think the shea butter and rose water are very moisturizing so that might take some of the effect away if you dont have them. I am not sure what the difference is between regular glycerin and vegetable glycerin. Is it kind of watery? If so, vegetable glycerin is much thicker. I have everything but the AO HRS which hopefully I have a conditioner that might work just as well.

spritex

I will defintiely try this, heaven knows my hair needs moisture, moisture, moisture. I may skip the aloe vera though...unless I find a 100% aloe version. All I see is 98% with various other additives. I like the smell of rose water but the AOHSR - not so much. I may substitute another moisturising condtioner. I can just about tolerate the aroma of AOHSR for weekly DT but not for everyday use :-(

adw425

I had all the ingredients already except the Nubian Heritage coconut and papaya lotion (although I do have the Nubian Heritage coconut and papaya hair butter), so I used aloe and chamomile lotion. I had softened my shea butter already with camellia and sweet almond oil a couple weeks ago, so I was just able to add all the ingredients to an eight ounce jar and whipped with a whisk. I will try it out tonight as my hair has been drying out during the day for the last couple of weeks. I whipped mine into a whipped pudding/souffle like consistency... I have high hopes for it as, like I said, my hair has been drying out lately as the day wears on.

Blessed_Angel

Thanks!!! This looks really really good! I plan to try this over the holidays and just switch up some of the ingredients for my own concoction :brainy: since my hair doesn't get along with aloe vera gel or glycerin

I don't care for AVG either...but I could work with the glycerin.

Yes, it is a leave in. :yep:

I'll try it as a moisturizer. It seems like it will be heavy; and I wouldn't use it as a leave-in...maybe I can try it as a leave-in for my dd's hair.

scarcity21

i tried this a month ago but instead of using the coconut and papaya ( dont have it) i used elasta-Q leave in and i dont know if it was that or the aloe vera gel but it didnt moisturise my nat 4b hair at all....i still have a big batch left...i may try mixing in AOHSR to see if it gets more moisturising:(