Fusion hair extensions

KrimsonKween

Ladies I am thinking about this type of hair extention for my b-day. What has been ur experience with the fusion hair extentions. I am able to afford to get my hair done now and I heard this style last up to a year. I am having a consultation friday. I want it where the weave is almost undetectable without having to spend a gazilion dollars.

What dhould I look 4?

What should I ask about?

It is going to be about $500.00 so what do yall think. I don't want to do weave it made my hair come out the first time. So pray 4 me and give me some advice yall....

chicacanella

come on ladies no one has had the fusion extentions.............

Well, I am guessing that if someone had them, they probably wouldn't want to admit it. But there is prob. someone who has had them before realizing they are death to your hair.

Glue and hair is always a no-no IMO.

jeabai

come on ladies no one has had the fusion extentions.............

I have not personally had them but my sister did and she said that they were a paidn to take care of because you had to be careful about how you style them and took care of them because of the way that they are attached to your hair you could pull them loose. She said she would never get them again. But they were beautiful.

crazydaze911

i wouldnt do them. i researched alot on extensions and ended up with hairlocs (the plastic locks - NO GLUE - i was able to remove them MYSELF) - I even posted a thread on them.

BTW - DO NOT KEEP ANYTHING IN UR HAIR FOR A YEAR - no way! the hair might last a year, but you have to get them removed and redone (like a touch up) every couple of months. Im sure that will not be free:ohwell: If you do not do this, your hair will DREAD horribly.

Fusion, keratin bonds, wax, adhesive - ALL GLUE
JUST SAY NO TO GLUE!!!!!!!! :drunk:

Last edited:

KizzieNapps

I havent had fusion but I thought about getting them and did a lot of research. If you are going to get fusion I would try to get the method called "micro-locks". They do not use glue with this method and i have been told that it is safe for the hair. You should be aware that fusion is a HIGH mantainence hairstyle. Yes, $500 is cheap for fusion but depending on how fast your hair grows you will need to get them redone every 4-6 weeks which costs on average between $60-$120 each time depending on your stylist. I am a DOB so I couldn't force myself to spend that type of money which is why I never got it. But I would love to see how they look on you if you decide to get them.

Last edited:

explosiva9

I have had the fusion method done twice. Both times I had them in for a short period of time and i will NEVER do it again. The first time I had them removed by a friend so it wasn't so hard to get out but the second time, I had to cut 2 pieces out. And the glue stays in the hair. It's just a mess. Not worth it, really. Just get a fly wig. And the maintenance is crazy. Washing your hair, combing your hair, etc. It all becomes increasingly difficult. And you have to be super careful with heat getting even near the bond.

Like I said, take your 500 and get a really nice, Tyra Banks like, wig.

deniseloc

Ive had them and that is why I ended up on this site. They are only supposed to be worn for 3months up to a year is just a marketing tool. What took my hair out was the removal process these hair extensions are not african american hair freindly. Please be very carefull

TexturedTresses

they look completely natural. however, they damage your hair really badly. they look beautiful though and you would never know. even when you touch the roots.. it just feels kinda rough at the roots cuz of the clips. but thats it.

carmella25

I they look good when done. But after a week or two I had too much shedding and it tore some of my hair out when removing it.

So i would say nay.

naturalmanenyc

I had fusion done a few times and loved it; however, fusion is bad on the hair. I had a lot of shedding each time. Also, the first time I damaged my own hair with brushing (as if it were ALL weave & not my own hair being out).

It was $500 each time plus the cost of the hair - 6 ounces of #2/#4 blended and 2 ounces of #8 for streaks. I used Spanish wavy hair. Some photos are in my fotki.

It lasts for about 3 months at a time.....definitely not one year. The little pieces of glue at the root eventually grow down the shaft of the hair and they will show if not redone closer to the root. It's better than a weave in that you can wash/condition & relax with the fusion installed.....but I never did any of that without my stylist.

I also agree - just get a nice wig. It will save your hair and your pocketbook.

MzLady78

You can just look at how this style is done and see that it's hell on your hair.

I wouldn't recommend it.

Mama Cita

I'm neither yay or nay I personally have never had them done but I will say that I have seen them done where there was no glue used...there is a sort of clamp that attached the pieces to your hair. I am in Korea now and you wouldn't believe how many Korean woman get this done to their hair. I know their hair is different than ours and I'm not trying to compare the two I'm simply saying that they get fusion extensions without the glue. I knew of one chick I worked with and she had them done the same way Koreans get theirs done. I thought it was a really good weave until I saw her wear her hair in different styles...It really was beautiful...Her hair was in pretty bad condition before she got them put in and when she took them out it didnt seem like her hair was any more damaged than berfore, her hair did grow a bit...

s_terry

Don't do it. I had wore them over a couple of years (way before this site) and did maintain them reguraly (every 3 mth touch-up) They did look good and natural. I loved them, but over time they broke my hair off to the point where there was only enough of my hair to cover the glue connection points. I had like maybe 1 to 1.5 inches of hair all over my head.

kriolagirl

I haven't had this done but know someone that has..they had the kind with no heat or glue (prob the same thing another poster mentioned that was done in Korea). she is relaxed and had great growth with them. i agree that wearing them for a year is not true...she got her re-done every few months. i personally wouldn't do the glue--AT ALL. depending on the strength and health of your hair this other method may work for you.

also $500 seems on the low end for the service...most salons are $900 and up. not to say what you've found isn't a good deal but sometimes (as i've learned the hard way lol) you get what you pay for. good luck with your decision and continued happy hair growing :)

joib

I don't know where you live but here is a website you can do some research. Hairangel.net. I was thinking about having them put in before I found LHCF.