Ceramides saved my hair

Auburn

Lanza Healing ColorCare Trauma Treatment

This product changed my hair health. Im natural btw. I used it as directed...as a leave in. It contains ceramides. You can find it at ULTA..maybe Trade Secret. Give it a try for a week.

Click here for product info.

ETA: Biolage Cera-Repair Hydratherapie Treatment

This really helped also.
INFO

Last edited:
L’anza Trauma Treatment Ingredients:
Water/Eau (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycereth-26, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxyamodimethicone, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Flower Shield Complex, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Flower Extract, Hibiscus Sabdariffa (Hibiscus) Flower Extract, Orchis Morio (Orchid) Flower Extract, Gardenia Florida (Gardenia) Flower Extract, Rosaceae Foetida (Yellow Rose) Flower Extract, Echinacea Purpurea (Conflower) Flower Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Extract, Fumaria Officinalis (Fumitory) Extract, Ceramide-2, Keratin Healing System (NANO-10), Keratin Amino Acids, Fumaric Acid, Aleurites Moluccana Seed (Kuku Nut) Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Sodium PCA, Magnesium PCA, Zinc PCA, Manganese , Ergothioneine, Saccharide Hydrolysate, Magnesium Aspartate, Glycine, Alanine Creatine, PPG-4-Ceteth-20, Dipropylene Glycol, Dimethiconol Meadowfoamate, Polyether-1 Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, C11-15 Pareth-7, C12-16 Pareth-9, Glycerin, Trideceth-12, Dimethicone, Cetrimonium Chloride, Steartrimonium Chloride, Urea, Sodium Benzotriazolyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Buteth-3, Tributyl Citrate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Fragrance (Parfum), Benzyl Alcohol, Citral, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben.

ajoyfuljoy

why are the ceramides in this product so much better than the ceramides in any other product? I see that it is 18th on the ingredient list. Correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I agree that there is something wonderful about ceramides and how they help the hair, but careful because they do cause rather quick build up.

I love ceramide technology. I use that optimum care relaxer that contains them. I definitely saw a difference. I might have to try this.

Auburn

why are the ceramides in this product so much better than the ceramides in any other product? I see that it is 18th on the ingredient list. Correct me if I am wrong.

Didnt say that they were better. This is simply a product that IVE tried that helped me and wanted to share that with you all. As far as it being far down on the list, I guess that depends on the ratio and formulation of the product.

ajoyfuljoy

I swear Auburn, no offense, but you sound like you are just marketing their products.

I ain't mad atcha though...

Lenee925

Thanks Auburn. I wont accuse you of marketing but I'll just say that there are some folks on here that love cones including me. Also the products you mentioned aren't a fad on the boards yet...

JustKiya

I personally dont think all cones are bad. But for the ones that arent so ingredient conscience, I recommend this product.

No, I don't think cones are bad, either. My hair hates them, but that doesn't make them bad - just unsuitable for me.

My comment was more wondering whether it's the ceramides or the cones that have improved the feel of your hair. I'm always doubtful when I see a high concentration of cones in a product that changes how your hair feels - because that's what cones do, so it's hard to truly judge how much of an impact the other ingredients - esp. those that have a much, much lower concentration, has on the product/results, overall.

Not knocking the product, cuz I've never used it, just pointing out the first thing that I noticed on the ingredient listing. *shrug*

Auburn

I swear Auburn, no offense, but you sound like you are just marketing their products.

I ain't mad atcha though...

Im a die hard Joico fan if anything. Im not trying to sell ANY product...(until I get my mary kay :look:) but anyways, how is this product review different from the rest?

Auburn

Thanks Auburn. I wont accuse you of marketing but I'll just say that there are some folks on here that love cones including me. Also the products you mentioned aren't a fad on the boards yet...

There was a thread about ceramides and products that contain them. This just hapn to be 2 of the products that I tried that have helped me. Ceramides are the business and Im surprised I havent heard more about them yet.
Welcome :)

likewtr4chklit

I've heard a sprinkling of info on ceramides, not really sure what they do (guess it's time to do some googling). If I can find some not so high end products that have ceramides I may give them a try. Thanx for the review.

kandegirl

I've heard good things from the Lanza brand. I forgot what I was looking at butit didn't fit my budget at the time. Maybe this will cause I know my relaxed hair needs ceramides!
Thanks.

Auburn

No, I don't think cones are bad, either. My hair hates them, but that doesn't make them bad - just unsuitable for me.

My comment was more wondering whether it's the ceramides or the cones that have improved the feel of your hair. I'm always doubtful when I see a high concentration of cones in a product that changes how your hair feels - because that's what cones do, so it's hard to truly judge how much of an impact the other ingredients - esp. those that have a much, much lower concentration, has on the product/results, overall.

Not knocking the product, cuz I've never used it, just pointing out the first thing that I noticed on the ingredient listing. *shrug*

I think its more of the ceramides. I used the biolage and the garnier frutis(sp) melting mask. Im not sure if the biolage had cones or not but I think my overall hair health has improved.

Auburn

I've heard a sprinkling of info on ceramides, not really sure what they do (guess it's time to do some googling). If I can find some not so high end products that have ceramides I may give them a try. Thanx for the review.

Garnier Fructis has a melting mask :yep:

Auburn

I've heard good things from the Lanza brand. I forgot what I was looking at butit didn't fit my budget at the time. Maybe this will cause I know my relaxed hair needs ceramides!
Thanks.

Nexxus has products with ceramides. Redken also.

chebaby

The ceramides are usually near the end. Most products have a 1-2% concentration of them.
you know what i noticed? everytime there is a debate or confusion about something you always come in with the answer or great information about it. thanx.

i just got a big thing of nexxus humectress and it has ceramides i think. i cant wait to see how it improves my hair.

gymfreak336

you know what i noticed? everytime there is a debate or confusion about something you always come in with the answer or great information about it. thanx.

i just got a big thing of nexxus humectress and it has ceramides i think. i cant wait to see how it improves my hair.

Thanks! I was looking for a source to buy ceramide-3 one day and I came across that info. Then when you look at all of the lines that have ceramides, the position is usually close to the same with the exception of those "salon" ceramide treatment things.

In one of my conversations with Artemis, she compared ceramides to a windbreaker and I think that is an accurate way to think about them. They, with regular use, can help build an extra layer of protection for your hair.

JustKiya

Oooh, did you ever find a source? :look: I've been looking for ceramide-2 and ceramide-3, but all I've seen/found are big chemical suppliers, along with a nasty list of safety precautions....

gymfreak336

Oooh, did you ever find a source? :look: I've been looking for ceramide-2 and ceramide-3, but all I've seen/found are big chemical suppliers, along with a nasty list of safety precautions....

The only one I found was a mix of ceramide-3 and something else. I want to say milk protein or lactic acid. I think I might have posted a link here. Let me go search my old posts.

ajoyfuljoy

Im a die hard Joico fan if anything. Im not trying to sell ANY product...(until I get my mary kay :look:) but anyways, how is this product review different from the rest?

Thank you for saying that. You have a lot of product knowledge and that is really cool. Gymfreak, our resident scientist came in and cleared it up, ceramides aren't supposed to be high on the ingredient list.

One of my fav products had ceramides but it was discontinued :ohwell:

So I will check this Lanza out. Thanks Auburn. I still have an Ulta coupon a home hopefully it is still good :grin: