Has anyone tried Parachute Coconut Oil

Inches411

I brought it today from an indian store... its 100% pure coconut oil... i have it in my hair right now as a pree poo . im not to thrilled about the smell it does not have the coconut smell i expected .. its very fant with some other smell that im not sure of what it is....

have you tried it?

Toy

I've triedit and i also did not like the smell and it seem like it had coconut pieces in it,I did not like it now i use Lou Ana from Walmart in the cooking oil Isle.

Aggie

All I cna say about this oil is YUCK!!! I hate it and will not be purchasing it again. I tried to use it up in my ayurveda mixtures just to get rid of it.

SoAnxious12

i bought mine from stinastina.. umm its my first time using coconut oil so i have nothing to compare it to, but i liked it. Great for sealing moisture into my edges. I plan to more sometime soon.

Platinum

I have it but I don't see anything special about it.:sad: I'm going to get the one I bought from the Vitamin Shoppe when I get done with this.

Forever in Bloom

I bought it and I love it! I truly think I got some Indian in me somewhere back in my family history, 'cause I love all the weird scents and have become obsessed with Indian food. I put this oil in my hair everyday. True, it doesn't smell that coconutty, but I'm too stingy with my Hairveda oils, so I am using this stuff up first. I know I will definitely buy more around January to use as a sealant for my ends. I could care less about the scent. It's not like it wafts around my head like the Dabur Vatika oil does (I like that too :look:).

trj1922

Parachute does a good job of anything you'd normally use coconut oil for. It does smell funny though. I love that classic coconut smell and this smells a little off or rancid. I prefer either Vatika or Ramtirth because they are more cocunutty smelling and they have all those great herbal extras!

fivetimestwo

I use the jasmine scented Parachute Coconut Oil for pre-poos. It smells pretty good (flowery) but I think there's more than just coconut oil in it (too lazy to go get it to post ingredients) :look:

nomoweavesfome

i thought it was just me. It works as far as doing the job, but it has a top note smell of coconut but after it dissapears, there's this left over smell that smells like cigarettes. I always have an image of pakistan men smoking cigarettes.

Butterfly08

Hated it! :nono: It smells like old chicken grease. Even my dd, a food fanatic, can't stand the smell. It works ok but not good enough to make up for that stench. :perplexed It's not as bad as Amla though. :ohwell:

NEWYORK20004

i have bought the vitamin shoppe coconut oil and parachute, both have similiar smells. I like the parachute because it comes in a squeeze bottle, while vitamin shoppe comes in a jar, too much of a hassle.

sugaplum

Star Shooter
I use Parachute Coconut oil and I like it. :yep: In the past, I remember buying coconut oil from Whole Foods and it didn't have an order, but the texture was lighter then the Parachute and there was no scent. I just ordered some Spectrum Virgin 100% Coconut Oil tonight. :woot:

NuBraveHeart

i use it and don't really have a problem with the smell. i only use it when i soak my hair in it at night before bed, then wash it out in the morning. this was recommended to me when i asked one of my best girlfriends who is indian about how to care for/grow long hair. i also use it with conditioner when i wear a baggy during the day.

Irresistible

This is a good coconut oil and it smells like almond joy LOL

but I am not digging the darn bottle it comes in, I remember wanting to cut it to get to the oil

and I like my coconut oil solidified not melted

Nola Darling

but I am not digging the darn bottle it comes in, I remember wanting to cut it to get to the oil

I was about to post this. It's SOOOOO hard to squeeze out! I get my virgin coco oil from the farners market. 1 pound for 4 bucks....OKAY!!! *z snaps*

flowinlocks

I was about to post this. It's SOOOOO hard to squeeze out! I get my virgin coco oil from the farners market. 1 pound for 4 bucks....OKAY!!! *z snaps*

I just got mine today, How do you guys soften it to get it out the bottle? What about setting it on a warm surface like the top of your stove with the oven on just till it loosens up a bit, would this work? Better yet, till it melts all the way, then pour it into something you can scoop out?

Irresistible

I just got mine today, How do you guys soften it to get it out the bottle? What about setting it on a warm surface like the top of your stove with the oven on just till it loosens up a bit, would this work? Better yet, till it melts all the way, then pour it into something you can scoop out?

girl its just easier to get another oil in a jar

if I had to get it again I would though

but according to these posts I would be checkin the smell first, must be some old/bad bottles around

Irresistible

oh and since your asking because you have it, duh, I missed that

you can run it under warm water first

I just like mine solidified

Stella B.

I brought it today from an indian store... its 100% pure coconut oil... i have it in my hair right now as a pree poo . im not to thrilled about the smell it does not have the coconut smell i expected .. its very fant with some other smell that im not sure of what it is....

have you tried it?
Yep, that Parachute conut oil smells a lot like roasted sesame seed oil used in cooking. I'm not complaining, tho. It works for sealing, and does as good a job as the Spectrum brand.

Last edited:

phyl73

I use it. I mix it with castor oil to seal with, but I use it as a sort of conditioner when I take my weaves down. It makes my hair much more managable and soft. Oh I love the smell.

nichelle02

I tried it and it actually made me nauseous. :nono: I've never had that happen with any other hair product and I don't have a weak stomach. I threw the bottle out. Maybe something was just wrong with the bottle I had.