How do you use Cantu shea butter leave-in?

zzirvingj

A couple of questions about this product...

-When you use it, how much do you apply to your whole head?

-How often do you use it?

-Do you use it on wet/damp or dry hair?

-Do you DC with it?

-Are you relaxed or natural?

TIA!

_belle

- a gobb of it.
- whenever I do a wash & go
- either, doesn't matter.
- nope
- good question. . . I am currently stretching, I have natural roots, texlaxed in the middle and relaxed ends. lol

C.Nicole

I love this stuff!
- I use a finger dip of it
-2 - 3x week after cowash as a leave in
- No
-Transitioning

MiWay

I love this stuff. It makes my hair so soft and smells delicious! See my answers below...

-When you use it, how much do you apply to your whole head? When I use it, I apply it to my whole head, with a focus on my ends.

-How often do you use it? Daily

-Do you use it on wet/damp or dry hair? Both

-Do you DC with it? No...this stuff and heat = :wallbash: for me.

-Are you relaxed or natural? Relaxed

TIA!

nicki6

-When you use it, how much do you apply to your whole head?Depends on how dry my hair feels. Usually a tbsp or so

-How often do you use it? Every 1-3 days

-Do you use it on wet/damp or dry hair?Both..its great for giving braidouts definition

-Do you DC with it? Never

-Are you relaxed or natural?Relaxed. This is the only product that keeps my hair balanced moisturewise:up:

*fabulosity*

A lot! It's super light..if I'm going to flat iron... a little less... but if I'm bunning...my hold hand is full of it..
Everyday..before LHCF..I suffered from extremely dry hair... Now it's moisturized and has some spring to it..

Only on wet/damp hair...never tried it on dry.
-Do you DC with it?
Nope...
Relaxed on a 4 month stretch

A lot! It's super light..if I'm going to flat iron... a little less... but if I'm bunning...my hold hand is full of it..
Everyday..before LHCF..I suffered from extremely dry hair... Now it's moisturized and has some spring to it..

Only on wet/damp hair...never tried it on dry.
-Do you DC with it?
Nope...
Relaxed on a 4 month stretch

TIA!

Joanna721

-When you use it, how much do you apply to your whole head? a couple fingers full

-How often do you use it?every wash as a leave in, and sometimes for bantu knots, I luv it as a moisturizer

-Do you use it on wet/damp or dry hair? both

-Do you DC with it? havent tried it, but if u do...lemme know how it turns out

-Are you relaxed or natural? transitioning (for now)

TIA!
This is definitely one of my staples

sevetlana

-When you use it, how much do you apply to your whole head? About 1/2 teaspoon. I use it at night
I use it on my edges and my ends
-How often do you use it? Every night.

-Do you use it on wet/damp or dry hair? Both. I recently re- discovered it when I did a wash and go

-Do you DC with it? No

TIA!

I mix mine with castor oil. I just take some out of the original container and mix in some castor oil. I will mix more as I need it. I just started using it recently so I will see how it goes.

LovelyLionessa

-When you use it, how much do you apply to your whole head? A few finger dabs focusing on my ends.

-How often do you use it? 1-2x a day.

-Do you use it on wet/damp or dry hair? Dry hair mostly, also I apply some when airdrying to damp/drying ends.

-Do you DC with it? I've used it at night as kinda an overnight treatment with a shower cap, it works great that way too.

soonergirl

Get a glob of it.... I only use after a cowash and then apply a lil olive oil and put my hair in a bun.... I use it everyday, and I am relaxed...I do not dc with it...

-When you use it, how much do you apply to your whole head? About 2 large globs (I should mention I use that much because my hair is in braids and I really have to use a lot to saturate them properly plus I don't mind because it's inexpensive and works well)

-How often do you use it? Every single time I wash and sometimes I will use it after washing hair with ACV rinse...then just apply and seal with coconut oil it's like a supermoisture boost

-Do you use it on wet/damp or dry hair? Wet hair only sometimes when I'm playing with my twists I apply it on dryish hair but that is more experimentation than real use

-Do you DC with it? Nope I'm hardcore about only DCing with my cholesterol supercharged mix (SAA, honey, avocado, coconut oil, peppermint EO, sweet almond oil - YUM)

-Are you relaxed or natural? Almost 1 year into my transition come november!

TIA!

See the filled in text in purple above :look:

Keep1Belle

-When you use it, how much do you apply to your whole head? probably 2-3 table spoons worth

-How often do you use it? sometimes daily

-Do you use it on wet/damp or dry hair? soaking wet hair in the shower

-Do you DC with it? No

-Are you relaxed or natural? Natural

TIA!

** Should add that I took half the jar and mixed it with some refined shea butter I had and it works really well that way, my hair has more sheen with it. ***

Highly Favored8

When you use it, how much do you apply to your whole head?
For me less is more.

After I DC and I use it to seal my ends for baggying as well as my braid outs.

I use it on both.-
Do you DC with it?
no-Are you relaxed or natural?
Relaxed

Highly Favored8

-When you use it, how much do you apply to your whole head?Depends on how dry my hair feels. Usually a tbsp or so

-How often do you use it? Every 1-3 days

-Do you use it on wet/damp or dry hair?Both..its great for giving braidouts definition

-Do you DC with it? Never

-Are you relaxed or natural?Relaxed. This is the only product that keeps my hair balanced moisturewise:up:

So, True! :yep:

FluffyRed

-When you use it, how much do you apply to your whole head? A lot. I apply it on dry hair, like a relaxer. I apply it to the demarcation line when I am stretching. I've done it about 3 times and used half of the jar.

-How often do you use it? When stretching, I use it the night before washing, or several hours before washing. I put on a baggie after applying

-Do you use it on wet/damp or dry hair? dry

-Do you DC with it? yes, as above

-Are you relaxed or natural?Relaxed.

This is a staple. When I cowash and fail to use my cantu shea butter step, my hair feels like burnt cotton after it's dry. Cannot accept any moisture. I love CSB!!!

Forever in Bloom

After towel drying, I use about 3 fingers full, rub between my hands to create a creamier consistency, the apply to my entire head.

2-4 times a month

Towel dried ETA: I did use it to 2-strand twist last week, and my hair is soooo soft; softer than its ever been since I did the bc almost a year ago.

-Do you DC with it?
This is a leave-in, so no. After deep conditioning, I towel dry, then apply :yep:

Natural :grin:

Last edited:

Whisper

-When you use it, how much do you apply to your whole head? A four finger scoop size, and I apply it to the whole head.

-How often do you use it? After wash day,once per week.
Will incorporate more days when I use all of my other products up

-Do you use it on wet/damp or dry hair? wet

-Do you DC with it? no

-Are you relaxed or natural? relaxed- texturized

Last edited:

Chameleonchick

-When you use it, how much do you apply to your whole head? Hmm about a quater size glob.

-How often do you use it? Maybe twice a week, mostly only once

-Do you use it on wet/damp or dry hair? Dry

-Do you DC with it? Nope

-Are you relaxed or natural? texlaxed, but I wanted to add for some reason when I was natural it wouldn't penetrate the shaft, just sat on top of it. I'm glad I didn't throw it out though.

tsturnbu

When you use it, how much do you apply to your whole head? A handful, and I rub it on my ends of my ponytail, then wrap my ponytail in abun

-How often do you use it? every other day

-Do you use it on wet/damp or dry hair? wet hair after wash. then, every other day throughout the week/

-Do you DC with it? HELL NO!

-Are you relaxed or natural? relaxed.

I love this stuff! THis is my staple (after CON, salerm21, and fantasia frizz buster)

Duchesse

-When you use it, how much do you apply to your whole head? I use a couple of dollops from the roots to the ends.

-How often do you use it? I've had it for 2 weeks, and i've used almost everyday.

-Do you use it on wet/damp or dry hair? Dry hair usually. I works well with a braidout.

-Do you DC with it? never ever ever

-Are you relaxed or natural? relaxed/texlax

I think its a good product, I bought it after reading tsnrbu(sp?) thread about retaining length with the leave-in. My hair is like hay, and this actually does make it softer.

MonPetite

I wrote a five page review on this stuff (drugstore album) including uses, trouble shooting, and what not. It's a handy product.

kawista9

i use it for rollersets. After washing my hair. I put a little bit all over and then I start to part my hair and put a bit on each part and seal it with and oil and roll it. My curls are bouncy; soft and i don't have to reapply everyday...it is sunday and i did my rollerset on friday and it still feels soft and moisturized. I love it.

glamazon386

-When you use it, how much do you apply to your whole head? Maybe a few globs. I haven't used it in almost a year since I haven't really been wearing my hair loose.

-How often do you use it? I used to use it maybe once or twice a week when my hair was loose.

-Do you use it on wet/damp or dry hair? To both. Depends on what I was doing with my hair.

-Do you DC with it? I have on occasion. But I prefer to DC with other stuff.

-Are you relaxed or natural? Natural

TIA!

Most of the time when I used this product I added it to dry hair to refresh the curl. It kept me from having to rewet my hair. I also used it as a DC treatment overnight and a leave in. I've also used it for a rollerset before. It's a good product. The only thing I hated about this stuff is that it doesn't mix well with other products. If I had a wash and go with fantasia gel I couldn't put it on my hair maybe the 2nd day to refresh bc it clumps onto the sparklelites in the gel and makes little white gooey balls all through the hair. And they're HELL to get out. I tried using it as a leave in and putting the gel on top and that was better but I still got some white crap. I stopped using it on my hair. It works great as a leave in on curly weave though since I don't use gel on it. Maybe mid week I would brush through the hair and then apply the cantu. It gave me soft bouncy frizz free curls. It kept me from having to cowash in the middle of the week. I use it during the winter for that purpose that way I don't have to walk around with a wet head.

Last edited:

Cleve_gryl

I just started using this gem, applying it after my WnG. I put on a couple nice sized globs and then bun. It leaves my hair nice and soft...but like the other posters, you do have to rinse this out as it does build up on you. I've never tried it on dry hair or to wear my hair straight.

Miamori

I am relaxed and have SL hair.

I have been using this product for almost 5 months now, and have used it many ways. The way I use it now is what works best for me - not too much build up, still more than enough conditioning, not gross feeling when dry, etc.

I use a dollop or two for the entire head.

I use it every time I wash my hair, before I put it up. When I do this, it is after I shampoo (ayurveda shikakai) and condition (coconut conditioner). I take one dollop (the size of a silver dollar, but very tall) for the ends, then another for the roots and ends. My hair is still wet/damp when I do this. Afterward if my hair needs more moisture to balance the amount of protein I use, I may use a small (my hair prefers protein) amount of a moisturizing leave in. I used to seal with a bit of whatever oil, but not I find that my hair LOVES being drenched in coconut oil afterwards, especially to get it to dry straight and detangled on its own. So I suppose this is how I seal. It DID work fine with me when I didn't drench my hair with oil, though.

I also use a very very very small amount (not too much so I don't ruin the style) on my hair just as a light conditioner if I have my hair like, done, and not just in a bun if I feel that my hair needs a bit of a barrier or extra conditioning. I find that I do this often-ish now that it's getting cold up here and my house is SO cold.

I answered this before, but I use it on wet or damp hair. I find that both work for me. I just can't do the dry hair option that the directions offer.

On the rare occasions that I DC, I may DC with it. I have before, once or twice, or I DC with my coconut conditioner. I use steam when I do it.

I hope all this helps someone. :)

Miamori

I wrote a five page review on this stuff (drugstore album) including uses, trouble shooting, and what not. It's a handy product.

I started to dislike this product for a while until I read your review and understood the product better. It helped me figure out how to use it best for my hair.

CHECKMATE!

-When you use it, how much do you apply to your whole head? A lot. I apply it on dry hair, like a relaxer. I apply it to the demarcation line when I am stretching. I've done it about 3 times and used half of the jar.

-How often do you use it? When stretching, I use it the night before washing, or several hours before washing. I put on a baggie after applying

-Do you use it on wet/damp or dry hair? dry

-Do you DC with it? yes, as above

-Are you relaxed or natural?Relaxed.

This is a staple. When I cowash and fail to use my cantu shea butter step, my hair feels like burnt cotton after it's dry. Cannot accept any moisture. I love CSB!!!

Ok...I bought this an hour ago...using it the exact same way:yep:...I put a big glob on my hair mixed with some Coconut Oil,kinda' prepooing with it while I am cooking, will rinse it out and apply some PHGO afterwards,will report back with results :yep:

CHECKMATE!

Like it a lot! definite keeper! :yep: I air dried and put P.H.G.O. on my scalp and coconut oil on my ends,my hair stay moisturized until wash day, which was yesterday :yep: