Urgent A MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Halimah

Hair Bands!
THIS IS TOO ALL YOU HAIR BAND WEARING FOLKS!!!! THIS IS NOT A HOAX!!!! J

If you have a little girl who wears ponytails beware of below

Be cautious of hair bands at the hair store)– they are probably from China since they are purchased in bulk very very cheap !!!!
Take a good look before buying hair bands in future – especially like the following kind…..

These Hair bands were made from used condoms and threads. That was so disgusting, I would not want to use them!!

[IMAGE]

BEIJING (AFP) - Used condoms are being recycled into hair bands in southern China threatening to spread sexually-transmittable diseases they were originally meant to prevent, state media reported Tuesday

In the latest example of potentially harmful Chinese-made products, rubber hair bands have been found in local markets and beauty salons in Dongguan and Guangzhou cities in southern Guangdong province, China Daily newspaper said.

'These cheap and colorful rubber bands and hair ties sell well ..... threatening the health of local people,' it said. Despite being recycled, the hair bands could still contain bacteria and viruses, it said.

'People could be infected with AIDS, (genital) warts or other diseases if they hold the rubber bands or strings in their mouths while waving their hair into plaits or buns,' the paper quoted a local dermatologist who gave only his surname, Dong, as saying. A bag of ten of the recycled bands sells for just 25 sen (three cents), much cheaper than others on the market, accounting for their popularity, the paper said.

A government official was quoted as saying recycling condoms was illegal. China 's manufacturing industry has been repeatedly tarnished this year by a string of scandals involving shoddy or dangerous goods made for both domestic and foreign markets.

Menina Preta

Click the link. I didn't believe at first either. Anyways, after I read about anti-freeze in toothpaste coming from China, I try to stay clear of Chinese manufactured things...It's clear that standards don't mean much to their government.

Ms Lala

Where do they get the condoms from? How do they clean that out? THis can't be true. Or is it!

taj

Ladies perhaps they're getting used condoms from the garbage.:nono: This is terrible!!!!:sad:

P

Paradox

Well, i've ripped throught my hair bands plenty of times and I don't see some used condom. plus this website gave me a pop up, I don't trust websites that give me pop ups.lol.
I'll need to clean my computer since i think this a hoax website.

Kari107

I thought it was a hoax too but I googled it and got several pages on this. I hope they are unused cuz if they are thats just plain nasty.

Whew... I just read they were unused but that's still a strange story.

Last edited:

Barbara

Princess
I hope my rubber bands aren't from China. I bought a very large package a few years ago, but I never put rubber bands in my mouth.

jamaraa

Irresistible's right. Between China and the Green Movement in the US and elsewhere, this kind of repurposing is going to become more common. If you guys think this is gross, what of recycled toilet paper....recycled FROM WHAT I ask?

Unfortunately that's the world we now live in.

Prettyeyes

They were probaly rejeected from the factory, not used. But they should have been sent to the proper place because the idea is still gross.

baby42

Where do they get the condoms from? How do they clean that out? THis can't be true. Or is it!
THATS WHAT I WANT TO KNOW:wallbash:IF THIS IS TRUE THIS IS SICK.OH THEY SAID THEY WHERE NOT USED???.BUT I STILL DONT THINK ITS RIGHT. I.M.O.THEY HAVE DOING SOMEMESS UP STUFF OVER THERE FOR SOME TIME TOOTH PASTE, BABY TOYS BABY FOOD. I AM WAITING FOR THEM TO SAY MY LF WIGS COME FROM DEAD PEOPLE. I WATCH WHAT I BUY FROM CHINA THESE DAY

Last edited:

TCT

it is a hoax becuase its just plain fact that NONE of those viruses or bacteria could live on objects without a host

UMM IT MAY OR MAY NOT BE A HOAX, but it isnt true that everything needs a host to live. some viruses do not die in the air. which is why health care proffessionals are incouraged (and in some states mandated) to re -vaccinate themselves for different diseases over time. hepatitus being one of them , it IS SEXUALLY TRANSMITTABLE. IT DOES NOT DIE AS SOON AS IT COMES IN TO CONTACT WITH THE AIR, AND SOMETHING AS SIMPLE AS WIPING UP A BODY FLUID SPILL ON THE FLOOR CAN TRANSMIT IT TO YOU IF YOU PUT YOUR HANDS IN YOUR MOUTH OR YOU HAVE SOME KIND OF CUT. think again if you think every disease needs a host.