12 inches in 12 months challenge ***update month 5

LABETT

My hair is still growing even though I have slacked off with protein shake and vits I have decided to take a vitamin break the rest of the month.
Hope Surge and co washes will get me through this month.

deeplyrooted

I've been really good at keeping up with my ultra mega woman vitamins. I forgot to add that I've started taking Viativ chews for calcium. Other than that, I'm pretty satisfied with my growth. I really want it to get within a few inches of bra strap length by the end of this year. We'll see if it happens.

nekee

I havent been taking any vitamins because i didnt want my head to hurt for the first few days.. i am going to start after my exams. My hair can get into a small puff so that is good. I want a ponytail by december

carameldiva

i gained a 1/2 inch since last time i checked in. Added Biotin and Hair, Skin and Nails by GNC to my regimine and pre-shampoo hot oil treatments. It's been 11 months since i went natural-4 inches including the 3 trims i did. Not bad. I'm getting a 1/2 per month challenging myself not to trim until august-wish me luck.

pookeylou

I am at 6 inches and 6.25 inches in some places.

I was bored at work and plucked out 4 hairs from different parts of my head...stretched them out on a peice of white paper and taped them down. Measured them and Voila!!!

Growing strong. Not Surging but I am using the Woojee cream. Right now I am having more fun with oils and butters. So far my hair likes it!

hotshot

month five?? argh. well, idont have four or five inches yet. and i just got a inch trim. its on for summer, though, i tell ya.
surge
drinking coconut water and aloe juice
2x weekly deep conditoning
maintaining protein
restarting biotin
using ego boost.

this is my plan for growth/retention this summer!

WaterMoccasin

Still going good although not quite an inch per month...yet.
It's on for summer though!
Now that my hair is doing really well, I feel encouraged and confident that it can be done! Well...close to an inch per month for the rest of the year...

Destanee

Wow everyone is doing so well.

My hair is still only at 3”. In 5 months it hasn’t grown at all. I wash and deep condition weekly. During the week I use some Kemi-oyl pomade or Natures blessing. Can anyone tell me what I may be doing wrong?

pookeylou

[ QUOTE ]
Destinee said:

My hair is still only at 3”. In 5 months it hasn’t grown at all. I wash and deep condition weekly. During the week I use some Kemi-oyl pomade or Natures blessing. Can anyone tell me what I may be doing wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

GURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL....that puff in the avatar looks DELICIOUS!!!!

Wow!

Patrice

I would like to join this challenge. In January 2004 my hair was touching mid neck and now I am grazing shoulder length. Hopfully I will be comfortably at shoulder length in mid June when I get my Relaxer. keeping fingers crossed

Armyqt

[ QUOTE ]
pookeylou said:
[ QUOTE ]
Destinee said:

[/ QUOTE ]

GURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL....that puff in the avatar looks DELICIOUS!!!!

Wow!

[/ QUOTE ]

FOR REAL!!! I was just checking out your album today and I LOVE your hair!! Looking good girl!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
[ QUOTE ]
pookeylou said:
[ QUOTE ]
Destinee said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow!

[/ QUOTE ]

FOR REAL!!! I was just checking out your album today and I LOVE your hair!! Looking good girl!

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto!

bellydancer

i just now am jumping on the surge wagon seriously. I brought 3 bottles today and I think I can make the 12 inches with that.