What Ever Happened To: Boundless Tresses Users?

Mahalialee4

You never talk to us anymore. Are you now seeing MT? Did hair stop growing? What? What? You cannot just leave us hanging COLD TURKEY, like that?

Are You mixing it up with MT or have you just gone underground.......???/digging digging..........

Opalsunset

Im still a BT user. I've been using it for a year with a few months inbetween without use and even so I saw a tremendous amount of growth. I believe it in, I tell all of my family and friends about it too. I'll try to get some pictures in my fotki soon.

dcprdiva

I'm taking a break because I was doing something different with my hair for summer but I do plan on buying some more for fall. My new growth comes in LONG and FAST with BT.

grnidmonster

I love BT. I still use it faithfully. It helped grow my alopecia spot back and I am hoping my recently butchered SL hair back to BSL where it was prior to my run-in with a crack w%ore beautician...bitter much.

firecracker

You never talk to us anymore. Are you now seeing MT? Did hair stop growing? What? What? You cannot just leave us hanging COLD TURKEY, like that?

Are You mixing it up with MT or have you just gone underground.......???/digging digging..........
Uh I don't know. That funny blogger said some folx are still the same length 50-11 years after and 60 love potent #9 later:lachen::lachen::lachen: I need some result pics so i can call her a liar! :look:

Last edited:

Eisani

I just couldn't get with the smell. Even though it was scented w/green tea and cucumber I think, I could still smell the sulfur and it just was like funk someone sprayed over w/perfume. Maybe my nose is sensitive because I could still smell the sulfur in Bee Mine too. That's why I don't use either any more. Drove me nuts :spinning:. And don't get a little warm...body heat seems to up the funk factor.

HoneyDew

Uh I don't know. That funny blogger said some folx are still the same length 50-11 years after and 60 love potent #9 later:lachen::lachen::lachen: I need some result pics so i can call her a liar! :look:

I think people concentrate so much on getting that fast growth, that they stop concentrating on retaining what they already have. They end up having a setback and starting all over again. :rolleyes:

Not everyone, but I think most people should just stick with dealing with (or in many cases learning to deal with) regular ol NG instead of trying to get more faster, relaxing sooner, getting breakage, using more heat to straighten, whatever just to tame it.

Sooooo, I don't think we will be seeing that many progress pics anytime soon. But maybe someone will prove me wrong. :look:

Soliel185

I'm actually probably going to start up with it again - in the winter my scalp gets really dry and the sulfur in BT helps keep that flaky/itchies away. :yep:

I actually really like the smell of the scented one. I had switched to MT for the summer, but with the dry weather here and the temp dropping I like oil based, rather than cream based, and the BT won't revert my roots. In the summer I don't really care about reverting b/c I'm in braids or a textured style anyway.

*fabulosity*

I just couldn't get with the smell. Even though it was scented w/green tea and cucumber I think, I could still smell the sulfur and it just was like funk someone sprayed over w/perfume. Maybe my nose is sensitive because I could still smell the sulfur in Bee Mine too. That's why I don't use either any more. Drove me nuts :spinning:. And don't get a little warm...body heat seems to up the funk factor.

I was trying to put a little "dap" on my edges every day... but that "dap" was all I could smell all day.... I was thinking about a sulfur mix for my edges (since it seems to work for people there) and was going to order Bee Mine..but I guess if you can smell that.I'll tough it out with BT since I got two bottles.

lizjoseph

I just ordered me a new batch. I realized that my hair was kinda hovering around the same length for a while, but I had a good boost of growth last year. I then remembered that I was using BT during that time. Persoanlly I love the smell of the scented one. Can't wait for my order to come in! :)

LovinLocks

Got it, got it, it's arrived!!! :woot:

Okay, the instructions say to go light-handed, a lil goes a long way. Welll, I thought I did, but er ummm, oil all down my neck and back this a.m. :wacky: Oh, and umm, I believe the instructions commented about NOT putting on hair, making sure it is on the scalp . . . again . . . wellllll, I am thinking since it schmeared down my neck/back some was prolly on my hair too.

Here's what I did . . . you know the bottle it arrives in, looks like a plastic hair colorant bottle, you know the type with funnel that gets progressively smaller almost to a point, right? Well, I left it in there, put the tip on my scalp, squeezed as I drug a line along my scalp (does this make sense)? It's like I used the tip of the bottle to part hair as I applied it to scalp, I then proceeded to do a couple minutes massaging it in. Really didn't think I'd used that much.

Either way, can't wait to see what gives a month or two down the road.

Oh, and I really don't see the need to do this regime AND MegaTek, sooooo, when I complete the rest of my MT, think I'll be sticking with the BT especially since it's owned/operated by one of our own. I'm slowly but surely working up to a regime and staple product list (thank goodness). For now I know for a fact it will include BT and Vatika Frosting . . . YES, da bidness(es).

naijamerican

Got it, got it, it's arrived!!! :woot:

Okay, the instructions say to go light-handed, a lil goes a long way. Welll, I thought I did, but er ummm, oil all down my neck and back this a.m. :wacky: Oh, and umm, I believe the instructions commented about NOT putting on hair, making sure it is on the scalp . . . again . . . wellllll, I am thinking since it schmeared down my neck/back some was prolly on my hair too.

Here's what I did . . . you know the bottle it arrives in, looks like a plastic hair colorant bottle, you know the type with funnel that gets progressively smaller almost to a point, right? Well, I left it in there, put the tip on my scalp, squeezed as I drug a line along my scalp (does this make sense)? It's like I used the tip of the bottle to part hair as I applied it to scalp, I then proceeded to do a couple minutes massaging it in. Really didn't think I'd used that much.

Either way, can't wait to see what gives a month or two down the road.

Oh, and I really don't see the need to do this regime AND MegaTek, sooooo, when I complete the rest of my MT, think I'll be sticking with the BT especially since it's owned/operated by one of our own. I'm slowly but surely working up to a regime and staple product list (thank goodness). For now I know for a fact it will include BT and Vatika Frosting . . . YES, da bidness(es).

It's cool that you're making a concerted effort to support LHCF women. :yep: I forgot about BT and want to start using either that or OCT next year.

mnemosyne

I'd just like to say that while I don't use it anymore my daddy and mommy do and they both love it. I got them the really big size so they don't run out either. So there.

I'm forever giving them things I use or stop using and they thank me for it. It grew my dad's thinning patches back from when he was in the hospital for a while.

danigurl18

I was using it for a while and now I use MoeGrow because it is cheaper to make... If I had the money, I would still use it... It's a great product!

MzOptimistic

I still use it. Honestly, in the summer time, I kinda chill on growth aids but in the Winter I start up again:grin:. I baggied with BT this past weekend. Also, I have been using BT for maybe a year or so and it does increase my growth rate. Anyone who wants proof, can go to my fotki and look at my starting pics from 2005 up until now. I have came a long way. I'm almost MB and BT has alot to do with that--->>>:yep:

Kimiche

Yes, the smell did it for me with BT. I have the scented one, but that dang sulfur straight up overpowered it for me. BT did give me some growth.

I can use Bee Mine though, so far I just smell the Kiwi Strawberry scent.

ycj

I ordered bt a couple of weeks ago and still waiting for it to arrive. I've made a huge decision about my hair and decided to do a bc after jan or feb. trying to maintain and keeping up with this relaxer is not cutting it for me. I like and do miss my fro!!!!!!!!! So natural here I come.:lachen:

LovinLocks

Stopped because now I co-wash daily ... But I did looove the smell!

Umm, so wait, one can't co-wash AND use BT? Just starting using it last week I BT'd at night, baggyed, then co-washed in the a.m. Not cool? Seriously, somebody hit me up, please.

TIA,

LL

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
Umm, so wait, one can't co-wash AND use BT? Just starting using it last week I BT'd at night, baggyed, then co-washed in the a.m. Not cool? Seriously, somebody hit me up, please.

TIA,

LL

Yes, you can. When I used BT, I co-washed daily and still got good results. In the very beginning (I don't use this method anymore), I'd co-wash in the morning, and then apply BT after adding my leave-ins, etc.

I didn't really care for that method of my headbands getting soaked and smelly with sulfur, so I switched to using it at night, and co-washing in the morning. I still got good results with that!

I'm on a budget now, so I haven't ordered any BT lately. But I do have my own sulfur mix that I use still with good results. I oil with it at night (almost every night) and co-wash in the a.m.