Thank you LHCF! Coconut Oil is the TRUTH!!!

FAMUDva

I have to say thank you to the ladies that rave about unrefined coconut oil! My inquiring mind REALLY wanted to try it after I read Irresistible's comments about the stuff.

I LOVE that stuff! I waited for 6 wks before posting this message to see if what I was feeling was true. I was a little thrown off by the price (like $9 at whole foods); I was thinking that's a bit much for some kitchen oil! :look: But anyway, it's some good stuff.

Question for the ladies that use it... does it soften your texture? I used it as a pre-poo last night (kind of like hot oil treatment) then shampooed my hair as usual, DC with my ORS pack, and prepped for flat ironing. My hair was so moisterized and my new growth (8 months worth) was super soft!

BeautifulFlower

It softens, moistures, seals, protects from heat, strengths...its a little hair miracle. Glad you love it. This is one of my staples.

Eisani

It's the best, and it leaves your hair extra soft and moisturized. It works wonders on your skin as well:yep:

Covergirl5906

I :heart2: it on my skin....I was just saying the other day that I can't wait for the fall so I can start using it again...

~*Tigget*~

I love me some Coconut oil. It instantly softens my hair, and it doesn't take a whole lot of it either....goes a long way.

I use it on all of my kids hair, and it is def a staple for us....its worth the investment for our hair.

Southernbella.

Yep, I got some about 2 weeks ago, and like you, I wanted to wait until I was sure it was working. I am IN LOVE with it. I used it in me and my dd's deep conditioning mix, and I used it to flat iron my hair. My hair is silky and smooth and moist. This stuff is the truth.

FAMUDva

What brand did you purchase OP?

I use this one.

It says fairly liquid in my bathroom. I put it in an old Doo Gro applicator bottle so I can use only a little at a time.

*Happily Me*

I use this one.

It says fairly liquid in my bathroom. I put it in an old Doo Gro applicator bottle so I can use only a little at a time.

I use this coconut oil too! on my hair, skin and in my smoothies :yep:

I like it mixed with olive oil on my hair. a winning combonation!

however, my last purchase was the refined coconut oil because it was on sale. eh..

NigerianGirl

I bought this stuff and had no idea that it would be good for new growth. I still am rocking my press from Groove 492 that I got 4 weeks ago, and the new growth is HORRENDOUS!!!!! I will try to use the cocnut oil when I pincurl my hair at night......

prospurr4

I love coconut oil! I use it on my hair, skin and while cooking...and it smells so good. I'm glad you've discovered it, too!

tapioca_pudding

I use this coconut oil too! on my hair, skin and in my smoothies :yep:

I like it mixed with olive oil on my hair. a winning combonation!

however, my last purchase was the refined coconut oil because it was on sale. eh..

I got refined because at the time of purchase, I didn't know there was a difference between refined and unrefined, so this was the one I grabbed. :( I'm going to get some unrefined very very soon. The refined still makes my hair soft and *blingy*, so I can't wait to compare it to the unrefined.. especially for the smell. :yep:

RosesBlack

I love coconut oil so much. It's one of my permanent staples now. It really helps cut down on the fluff of my hair and the shine is fantastic. It's also helped my ends so much.

Tee

Coconut oil has been one of my fav oils for over a year now. One of my hair twin raved about how great it was and I had to try. I love this stuff. I even cook with it since I keep it in my kitchen. (to keep it from going solid.) I :love2: it!! I love the smell too!:lick:

Lady Esquire

OMG! I have the exact same one and I love love love it. I have been using it for a few months now, and have neglected all the others. Its good for everything...so ya know its a keeper. Now I gotta find uses to get rid of the others. I am trying to scale down to a few reliable products and this really can be my one and only oil.

I use this one.

aprilsgem

are you ladies using it alone or to seal with b/c i've been trying to deal with some very dry ends lately by baggying with my motions moisturizer...but i may try this since it seems to be so good...

MrsWatson

I am sitting here right now with my Suave humectant and coconut oil in my hair...

I KNOW that when I rinse this out my hair will be nice and moisturized. Coconut oil is definitely my favorite, it leaves my hair soft and manageable like no other....:yep:

lilsparkle825

i was counting up all the ways i will use coconut oil when i buy it...i forgot all about prepooing. THANK YOU FOR THIS POST...someone preaches about coconut oil like every week but i always discover new and exciting ways to justify buying it. yessssss

Tee

are you ladies using it alone or to seal with b/c i've been trying to deal with some very dry ends lately by baggying with my motions moisturizer...but i may try this since it seems to be so good...
There are sooo many ways to use it. I say do it. (to the bold)
What if you're allergic to eating coconut - can u still use it on ur hair?
I wouldn't chance it. But if you want to really give it try, do a patch test.
i was counting up all the ways i will use coconut oil when i buy it...i forgot all about prepooing. THANK YOU FOR THIS POST...someone preaches about coconut oil like every week but i always discover new and exciting ways to justify buying it. yessssss
Go on, :poke: get you some.

DaRealist

Yes, it is great stuff.
I use it with conditioner, in my homemade moisturizer, in my body lotions, instead of butter when cooking.
It's the best thing!