12 inches in 12 months challenge update Month 3

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
How's everyone doing?

I recently took a month break from my vits so I got the normal 1/2 inch but I am still encouraged. I know my hair growth will more than make up for the setback in the warmer months!!

pookeylou

I am in my 4th month of being natural and I have close to 6 inches of hair. I am confident that I will be at 12 or more inches by December.

Still taking 2000 mgs of MSM...but that is all I am taking.
I use Surge on my hair line still...but the Wojee cream and my own hair spritz I concocted seems to be keeping my hair in good shape.

Still loving the natural journey.

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!
I recently jumped in on this challenge
. I gained 2 inches since my regimen start. Going into my 90 day regimen mark (March 19th)...and I think by the end of this month I can tag on another inch. My hair is doing pretty good. I have a few splits to take care of. Taking my vitamins every day!

B-complex
Cod Liver Oil
Multi mineral/vitamin
Calcium
Vitamin E
Will start EPO again soon

Distilled water...Coconut Oil...and Vatika are working wonders on my ends and new growth. I think I will make 12 inches in 12 months...or come close to it. Either way it will help me to stay focused.

AFashionSlave

I've already screwed up. I chopped off an inch of my hair last month trying to cut out the last remains of my colored ends.

I'm so freakin scissor happy.
I need some kind of scissor support group or something.

WaterMoccasin

Either I suck at doing braids and they are sliding down or my hair is really going to get an inch this month (already in my 3rd week, it seems to have grown 1/2-3/4 inch). I won't know until the next update (after braids are out) how i'm doing though...

Chipmunk

It's coming along okay. I am not sure how much I have gained though (hair in braids), I think I will get an inch this month *crossingfingers*. I did have a problem w/dry scalp in February, but I seem to be past that now.

I also have started back to taking my vitamins regularly.

kaykay

My hair is coming along to, I don't think I am up to a inch a month yet
but I am back on my supplements and eating eggs everyday. I can't wait to see my results.

sabie19

Since I am transitioning, my hair is very thick and I have lots of new growth so that's good. I may be able to cut off most all of my relaxed ends by December.

ngaa

well since i'm in braids at the moment, i dont really kno how much length i've gained but am pretty sure it isnt an inch. happy hair growin

LiqueXX

Re: 12 inches in 12 months challenge update Month

[ QUOTE ]
AFashionSlave said:
I've already screwed up. I chopped off an inch of my hair last month trying to cut out the last remains of my colored ends.

I'm so freakin scissor happy.
I need some kind of scissor support group or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am very scissor happy too! I will sit and clip my ends while watching TV several times a month. I think that doing the baggie method has helped with this because I cannot get to my hair. Also, when I had individual braids my hair really grew because I could not cut it.

shelli4018

I'm wearing twist extensions at the moment. But before then I'd chopped my relaxed hair off. Luckily, it seems to be growing quite well. So I hope to make 10-12inches by the end of the year.

I doubt I'll keep my twists for months on end. I miss my hair! But I figured it would grow faster/better if I put it away for awhile.

hotshot

im in twist extensions too. i keep fingering my new growth! i need to just LEAVE IT ALONE! im thinking this will help me reach my goal. im taking 2000-4000 mgs of MSM in water daily, 1300 mgs of EPO, and Centrum. i will start biotin again, there is a Freeda branch in NYC, just havent made the time to go. i also have a protein rich diet and drink weigt gaining shakes. Happy hair growing!

jetcitygirl

Smeller of roses

I'm still Surging, taking my vit's, exercising, con-washing, & treating my hair gently. It has been shedding like crazy the last few weeks though and I trimmed about an inch last month to see if that would help stop it. Still shedding. I dunno, I usually shed a lot of hair right before a a growth spurt so I hope that's the cause.

Post trim I'm hovering at 10-11". I don't think it's grown a whole inch the last 30days.Oh, and I've upped my protein intake to 100-120g per day as part of my exercise regimen.