Who's Going To Vegas?!? (July 31 Meet Up/Convention)

Going to Vegas???

• Total voters

texasqt

Hey Ladies :hiya:

The date is quickly approaching for the Vegas Meet Up/Convention (July 31-August 3)
so who's going??? I have a few ladies confirmed and several of you have said that you will be coming. This thread will be used to keep track of what members, vendors, presenters, etc. are attending. Please only vote 'Yes' if you are certain that you will be attending. We will be using the count here to make sure we have enough rooms, food, freebies, etc. for everyone.
Don't forget - Registration is still available FYI...Registration is cheaper for those willing to conduct a workshop. Visit the site for more information.

There are also rooms still available at the host hotel - The Embassy Suites (Swenson). Reserve on themanesource.com website with your 1st night deposit of $214. Up to 6 people can stay in the suite which makes the rate $36/person per night.
Please book your room as soon as possible. Limited space available.

Don't forget to vote in the poll! I look forward to meeting all of you!

Thanks Ladies!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special Guests - Updated June 2, 2008
Vote for your Keynote!
Submit your vote in this poll:http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=241185

We have two dynamic speakers from the haircare industry interested in joining us, but we can only invite one. Please make your selection for your keynote no later than Friday, June 6th. Bios follow:

Erin Shell Anthonywww.naturalhairbook.com
Author of Nappturosity: How to Create Fabulous Natural Hair and Locs
Erin Shell Anthony, MBA is an Author, Philanthropist and Entrepreneur whose life purpose is to distribute information and wealth around the globe, and here's why – she is passionate about health, tells it like it is, and encourages others to overcome setbacks to achieve their personal best. As a well-respected speaker, Erin has conducted over 200 presentations on health, natural lifestyles and related empowering topics around the country in the last 3 years, and is the creator and founder of the renowned adaru natural hair salon in Indianapolis, IN. (bio taken from naturalhairbook.com)

OR

Cathy Howse www.ubhpublications.com
Author of several books including, Ultra Black Hair Growth I & II
Cathy Howse is a Black hair care expert and the founder of Ultra Black Hair Products/UBH Publications Inc., a 19-year old company that teaches the truth about Black hair care and growth. Her book, Ultra Black Hair Growth II, is classified as the only proven black hair growth system in the world. Notoriety for her method has been included in Who's Who in America, Who's Who of American Women, and Who's Who in the World.

Vote in the poll here: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=241185
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Presenters and Vendors
Pinkskates will be conducting a fitness workshop and rollerskating instruction. We are also going to go skating in Vegas!!! Check out her work in progress - www.healthybodyhealthyhair.net

~Stillalady~ formerly known as Naturallady, our Boundless Tresses and Natural Hair Care Wiz (www.growthspecifics.com) will be educating us on her new texlaxed hair care regimen as well as vending Boundless Tresses onsite.

Macherieramour, our Rollersetting and Relaxed Hair Care Guru (www.healthytextures.com) will be conducting a workshop on rollersetting techniques as well as vending her Rollersetting DVD.

Michelle Hall of LaceFlair - Home of the UPA Clip (www.laceflair.com). She will be in attendance with her pony tail attachments and much more!

Members Attending
The following list shows LHCF members who have stated that they will try to attend. Asteriks are members who have sent registration forms (20). If you previously stated that you would attend and are no long able to do so, please PM me so that I may update the list. I will add names as they appear in the poll above.
*Afrolinda
*Akatude08
*Arismom
Averoigne
BizzyB131
BlackOutzAngel05
Blossssom (may grace us with her presence for a hot second)
Bubblinbrownshuga
CaramelDiva
CatEyes
*Chauncee
*Daniemoy
DivaStyle
DivineInspiration
*Dogmd
EbonyHairedPrincess
EllenNicole
Enscott14
*Fran/Demi_DC
*Froggie08
Glib_Gurl
Godzooki
Heatseeker
HotHair
Joanna721
JTurner7156
KewlKat103
Kimistry
LadyDJM
*Ladystar3
Lilamae
LondonDiva
LovelyMissyOli
LuvinWife
Macherieamour
*MichelleHall
MsDR
*Nakialovesshoes
*Nyreeroberts
OrangeMoon
PatienceVirture
Pazyamor
Platinum
Phyl73
*Pinkskates
Puddles
Queeny20
Rabs77
*Rain20
SamanthaJones
Shalom
*ShanyKeys
Sophisticated1
SouthernTease
SpreeLove99
~StillALady~
Sylver2
*SisterGirl*
*Taura31
TDWillis
*TexasQT
*Tinkisfierce
*Victory1
Vivacious1083
*Wheezy807
Yoniy

Last edited:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Wah! I'll be going June30-July 5th.:cry::sad: Can ya'll let us know how it goes? I would've loved meeting you in person.

Last edited:

kelkel

I would love to attend the convention..... I actually have family in Vegas so I would only need to pay the 100.00 right?

MissTical

I would love to attend the convention..... I actually have family in Vegas so I would only need to pay the 100.00 right?

Bumping for a response... Are there additional fees to pay if staying elsewhere? I'll be in a hotel but I have a fav in Vegas... however, if it helps with the convention fees then I will stay at the Embassy instead.

MizAvalon

You ladies have a great time.

I am already going to Vegas in May and I will have houseguests during the time that the convention is going on.

Keen

I can't make that date anymore. I have a family reunion cruise departing August 2nd. I really wanted to make this... I'm still trying to see if I can make it there Thursday evening to Saturday morning... I can't commit before May 31st though.

Queen V

Wow, this looks like an amazing event. I wish I could make it, but I have a conflict with that date. I hope you all have a wonderful time!

cmw45

Great job organizing the event. Unfortunately, these are the exact same dates of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc. National Convention. I hope you all have a blast!

OT: Maybe sorors attending the National Covention in Orlando can arrange a mini meet up?

texasqt

Is there a list of people who are willing to share a room? I don't want to pay for a suite and I'm alone :nono:.

I will PM you the last list that was compiled. You may also want to PM some of the other ladies in the maybe category as they may be looking for roommates also.

Last edited:

texasqt

Bumping for a response... Are there additional fees to pay if staying elsewhere? I'll be in a hotel but I have a fav in Vegas... however, if it helps with the convention fees then I will stay at the Embassy instead.

The fee will be $100 if you stay elsewhere. If you stay at the Embassy, it would really help offset the expenses we are having to pay the hotel for the meeting space (i.e. discount on meeting rooms depending on how many guest rooms we have booked). This would really help out a whole lot since I'm getting a slow response from sponsors I've been in contact with.

texasqt

I can't make that date anymore. I have a family reunion cruise departing August 2nd. I really wanted to make this... I'm still trying to see if I can make it there Thursday evening to Saturday morning... I can't commit before May 31st though.

Hope you can make it! We'd love to have you there!

LondonDiva

Is there a list of people who are willing to share a room? I don't want to pay for a suite and I'm alone :nono:.

I'm def going.

I'm going to register on Friday. Oh and I don't mind sharing either.

(A) a good way to save money
(B) a great way to get to know some of the LHCF members better.

I'll be in the day before 30th and leave the day after the convention.

LondonDiva

I wanna go but need a roomie

anybody wanna room together ..... I must warn you though I am not a quiet person :lachen:

I want a roomie, i don't mind doing a 6 person roomie fest, now why does that sound like an 18+ genre of DVD:look:

Ummm...:lachen:anyway I'm planning on staying in the embassy suites where the convention is and sharing in a suite for 6 is not a problem with me.

SparklingFlame

I want a roomie, i don't mind doing a 6 person roomie fest, now why does that sound like an 18+ genre of DVD:look:

Ummm...:lachen:anyway I'm planning on staying in the embassy suites where the convention is and sharing in a suite for 6 is not a problem with me.
Well I want in!!! If I may....:look:

caramelcutieinva

Count me in .... I'll bring the snacks. I always have food ... and no I'm not fat :lachen:

nikkablue

So those of us who want to share a room, let me know.

So far I have:

London diva
~Stillalady~
Myself
and carmelcutieinva Did you want to share a room with us?