The Split Ender

kellylinn77

It looks interesting, definately something I would invest in if I know it worked. How did it work for you? What were your results?

Everything Zen

It looks interesting, definately something I would invest in if I know it worked. How did it work for you? What were your results?

I just dusted mine off and it appears to be broken. I think it worked but I was very inconsistent. At that time I didn't know what the hell I was doing with my hair so I think all the micro trimming in the world couldn't save me. It seems that the new one works even better so maybe I'll have to make a purchase- unless I can somehow fix my old one.

TwistNMx

I often wondered if it worked.
I asked about this product a few years back and no one responded. I wish I knew. :ohwell:
Not sure I'd really "trust" a machine to know where my split ends are though. :ohwell:

Everything Zen

I often wondered if it worked.
I asked about this product a few years back and no one responded. I wish I knew. :ohwell:
Not sure I'd really "trust" a machine to know where my split ends are though. :ohwell:

Well it definitely doesn't cut your hair off if you run it through your hair. I know I can picture it now- you start running it through your hair and like 12 inches falls off. :eek: My experience is that it really does only get the little ends of the hair. There were always like super tiny pieces of hair in it.

Everything Zen

Dang am I gonna have to go play LHCF guinea pig? I was hoping someone has been using this consistently and seen results.

TwistNMx

Well it definitely doesn't cut your hair off if you run it through your hair. I know I can picture it now- you start running it through your hair and like 12 inches falls off. :eek: My experience is that it really does only get the little ends of the hair. There were always like super tiny pieces of hair in it.
LOL....That would be a mess wouldn't it. :lachen:

Everything Zen

Thanks

I was hoping I could lure one of the real PJs in this thread and get one of them to buy it and try it for me... :sekret:

Tiffchelle22

I have one of these. I didn't use it real consistently for long, but I did use it for a while. One thing I found is that if you have bad split ends, it really won't do much unless you get a really good trim first. It works to maintain your hair, but I wouldn't rely on it to just get rid of a full head of split ends. Just my experience with it!

Everything Zen

I have one of these. I didn't use it real consistently for long, but I did use it for a while. One thing I found is that if you have bad split ends, it really won't do much unless you get a really good trim first. It works to maintain your hair, but I wouldn't rely on it to just get rid of a full head of split ends. Just my experience with it!

That's exactly what I think. I'm thinking it might save a few inches of precious NG if used consistently and correctly.

Everything Zen

Seriously, we ladies of the LHCF can put are gawjus heads of hair together and see if this is a product that could be very good for us. :gorgeous:

Platinum

I had one, just look at the pic in my siggy. Look what it did!:blush: Nah, just kidding. I had one but I agree with Tiffchelle. It's basically used for your "in between trims".

Everything Zen

I had one, just look at the pic in my siggy. Look what it did!:blush: Nah, just kidding. I had one but I agree with Tiffchelle. It's basically used for your "in between trims".

See? :yep: Maybe we need to do a little experimentation. I promise I don't work for this company.:nono: I'm just hyped that maybe we're missing out on a valuable product. :grin:

Platinum

I should have clicked on the link first. That's not the one I had. I had an older one that I bought around 2003(?) and it was only $19.95 or $29.95 back then. I realy can't speak on this one, maybe it's new and improved.:ohwell:

Everything Zen

I should have clicked on the link first. That's not the one I had. I had an older one that I bought around 2003(?) and it was only $19.95 or $29.95 back then. I realy can't speak on this one, maybe it's new and improved.:ohwell:

That's the same one I have. Mine is broken, but they say it's been improved.

LiLi

Try doing a search. One of the members on here used one a long time ago ...like 2004 and really liked it.

MariposaSexyGirl

Hello! I have this thing although I haven't used it in awhile because I forgot I had it :look:. I liked it. It isn't for realy bad split ends. It cuts fro 1/4 to 1/8 of an inch off. You have to straighten your hair without much to no product(so it can expose your damaged and split ends). when you clamp it on your hair like a flat iron the blades are above your hair and only cut the hairs that are sticking out(damaged ends). And it targets the entire length of the hair and not just the ends. Afterwards my hair was alot smoother , softer ,and practically tangle free.If you get it make sure you follow the directons. Oh and make sure you clen it out. Your trimmied hair can get aught in the blades and cause it to get stuck. And remember to use small sections of hair at a time or else it won't work right. HTH

ajacks

I had this as well. Now it sits broken in the "Old Hair Appliances" Graveyard under the sink. I believe it did work pretty well though.