Lush H'Suan Wen Hua

Coffee

I used this on Saturday and me and my hur absoutely loved it!! I then shampooed with some Lush shampoo bar soap (Karma Komba ) and it was just the bomb!! While it is very expensive, and worth every penny, I won't be buying or using it very often:nono:.

shellatl

I bought it too.

I have two complaints - (1) The product would expire two weeks after I purchased it (I think it should be marked down accordingly) and (2) it felt more greasy than moisturized.

I haven't used it since.

drasgrl

Out of the blue a few weeks ago I got a Lush catalog I haven't ordered from them in many years. I tried the H'suan Wen Hua years ago but I can't remember what it did for my hair. Maybe I will try it again. I think I will wait until their big sale.

Oceanfox

I used to love this stuff a few years ago, butI always wondered if I'd better using it after shampooing. It seemed a shame to wash all that goodness away. The only thing that put me off doing that was the vinegary smell.

Reminds me that I bought a pot of this just after Christmas. I think it needs using up asap.

Karen

nichelle02

I bought it too.

I have two complaints - (1) The product would expire two weeks after I purchased it (I think it should be marked down accordingly) and (2) it felt more greasy than moisturized.

I haven't used it since.

I'm glad you posted that. I have this and should check the expiration date! I've used it twice and had enough left for one more treatment. My hair loved it.

Forever in Bloom

I bought it too.

I haven't used it since.

Check the expiration before you buy. If you order online, you will get fresh product. If you go to the store, you MUST check the expiration date. Sometimes us sales associates get caught up in selling, we forget to check the dates frequently. Normally, when something at our store is about to expire we pull it off the floor and fight over a couple of containers.

This product only has a 4 month shelf life because of the ingredients: eggs, banana, avocado and even the balsamic vinegar which gives the scent its tang. :look:

Here's what I have learned: This product (for my hair) works better just when it's about to expire. I bought some last summer in St. Louis before we even had a store in Memphis and forgot about it. I stumbled upon it right before it was due to expire and used it anyway - it worked way better on my hair than using it fresh. I did it a few months ago and it still did the job.

The oils (olive, rosemary leaf, and cassia leaf) and lanolin are probably what made your hair feel oilier. Since it was due for expiration, it's best to shake the products up to redistribute the oils into the product because they will separate. HTH :grin:

Last edited:

Forever in Bloom

I used this on Saturday and me and my hur absoutely loved it!! I then shampooed with some Lush shampoo bar soap (Karma Komba ) and it was just the bomb!! While it is very expensive, and worth every penny, I won't be buying or using it very often:nono:.

Yeah, it's a tad expensive. I use an applicator/dye brush to apply it to my hair, but find that I end up using a whole pot on my 4 inch hair :ohwell:

I am a hardcore Lush addict, so I don't think I will actually stop :grin: