12 inches in 12 months Challenge Update month 2

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
How is everyone doing? I have been to busy to keep up with hair related items. I am just trying to stick to my routine: Daily co washes and daily protective styling

Keep up the good working ladies. Let's press toward our goal!

Happy Hair Growing!

ThursdayGirl

I was hoping to get an inch in a month, but I'm still not getting it. I have increased my protein consumed. I hope that will help.

I have also come up with better strategies to stretch my relaxer. This is week 10 for me and everything is managable. The last time I tried it it was a nightmare.

karezone

I had my 1-1.5 inches. I relaxed on January 30, since then I have worn my hair up maybe 3 times. I will start wearing more protective styles next week and this week I will be doing an intense protein treatment (Joico Kpak). Since my relaxer I have only had a silk protein conditioner and my hair is in need of something stronger. Hopefully I will be getting braids in the next month or two.

Ayeshia

i just need to do more exercise. i noticed that when i took dance a couple of years ago, i was getting like 9 inches of growth per year because i excercised almost everyday. i know for a fact (well at least for me) that excercise stimulates growth

pookeylou

I will add my updates to my album this week. So far so good though. I will fill you all in on my conversation with Don Lee...the General Manager and Scientist at SURGE
(C&L USA Inc.) Stay tuned for "As The Hair Grows".

WaterMoccasin

I have no idea how it's going...I'm assuming ok! My hair is in the usual bun- I don't take it down except to wash/condition it. I did an intense treatment last week and I'm just hoping for the best!
I won't be straightening it for a while (aiming for May, although I suspect at least once before then...)

Valerie

I've been sticking to my regime, rinsing twice daily and remembering to take my supplements.

ADB

I just went to the hairdresser yesterday and had her wash and flat Iron my hair. She said I have about 2 inches of new growth already!!! That's 2in in a month!!! She kept asking me what I was doing. When I went home my husband was really shocked. He said my hair looks super long now. He just kept starring at it smiling. I'm so happy!!! I'm really trying hard to get waist length hair by January 2005. My hair has been the same length since high school and now it's finally growing again. I think its growing faster because I am washing it every 3 days now. I used to only wash it every 2 weeks sometimes 3. I also keep my ends moisturized every day now.

CrownnGlori

Ok. I kinda ignored this challenge when it came up because of too much going on at one time. What exactly are the rules to acheive the plan??

deeplyrooted

taking a vitamin would probably help SuperHeroGirl . . . along with exercise and water, this should do the trick.

in other news, my hair is growing rather nicely.
my braids are going down my back now when i braid up at the end of the night.
i've started using olive oil and profectiv healthy ends on the ends of my hair to retain moisture on my ends. other than that, everythang's looking good.
i just might have 12 inches (or more) of napptural hair by the end of 2004 ! ! !

iCandey

i think i may get it...i have some new growth already in less than a week of a relaxer- my recent change has been to powder trimedica msm

itismehmmkay

I'm not having as much luck....and I'm the one who started this

I think I'm gonna try and be more consistent w/ the Surge. Also, this will give me more motivation to exercise (besides a bikini
)

One thing's for sure....I'm tired of my hair just looking like it's sitting there doing nothing. Man....12 inches would give bra-strap length ya'll....even with me at a TWA.

WaterMoccasin

Hmmm...I kind of checked it yesterday and it seems like it is doing VERY well!! I hope that's not just wishful thinking...I'll find out when I straighten it later...

Right now, I'm on:
GNC HSN
Cod LIver Oil
PP B-complex
PP Amino-acid complex
Chlorella (every now and then)

It feels like they might finally be kicking in!

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!
I don't know why this didn't post the first time...but here I go again...
I am going to jump in on this challenge. I started my regimen in December...and I have gained just a little under 2 inches since then. I think I can do it...and even if I don't...It will keep me better focused on my current hair goals..

laketta

My hair is braided up now but from when I started to now I gained about 1.5 inches. So that is not too bad.

carameldiva

I just started my vitamin regime a few weeks ago. Added fish oil last week and msm today. My hair feels healthy, looks healthy and strong- going to the beautician tommorrow for my three month trim- i think i have a good amount of new growth as well. I'll let you know more tommorrow.

LABETT

I am doing pretty good try not to relax until April 1st doing co washes has really increased my growth rate.

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I am in and doing great. I got almost 2 inches (last touch up 12/30/03. I had a inch by 1/31/04 and I was sooo happy. I am almost at 2 inches.