AHHHHHHHH! MY SCALP IS ON FIRE!

Amber_moon

:burning::burning::burning::burning::burning::burning::burning::burning::burning::burning::burning:

I washed my hair last week (friday) and did all the normal stuff to it. Washed with Pantene restoratives breakage defense, and conditioned with Pantene Relaxed and natrual Breakage defense mask, rinsed, used a little Aveda brillant styling cream, and some NTM leave in cream. Air dried it. styled it and have been wearing it in a pony or bun for the last few days.

Last night I decided to use a little of my BT revitilizing hair balm on my scalp ( I usually do this if my scalp feels dry, or if it starts to get dry in my house etc etc) and when I woke up this morning my scalp was itching like crazy. its gotten progressively worse until now Im sitting at my desk at work and my scalp is now BURNING...

Ive never ever ever had a problem with any of these products before, so Im not sure if its the products.... but it has to be something, It feels like Im sitting here with a relaxer in my head. Im considering going home on my lunch hour and washing my hair.

Right now Ive got frozen bottle of water on my head. (sitting here looking like a fool.)

dlewis

:lachen::lachen::lachen: That happened to me the first couple of times I used it.

Whatever you do don't put any Listerine on your scalp

Amber_moon

:lachen::lachen::lachen: That happened to me the first couple of times I used it.

Did it stop happening after you used it for a while?

What are you talking about? I mix the listerine right in the BT, I heard that makes your hair grow in "gud".

kweenameena

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Maybe some aloe on your scalp will soothe it.
Or stand over the sink or toilet in your job, bend your head over and pour some water on your scalp (from that water bottle).

I'm sorry this is happening...I know you must be miserable.

and I'm sorry for laughing!:lachen:

Amber_moon

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Maybe some aloe on your scalp will soothe it.
Or stand over the sink or toilet in your job, bend your head over and pour some water on your scalp (from that water bottle).

I'm sorry this is happening...I know you must be miserable.

and I'm sorry for laughing!:lachen:

Its almost noon, Im going to go home in a 1/2 hour and wash my hair.....

audacity.

Amber, I am sorry this is happening to you!!! Try putting some aloe vera gel on it to see if it will help. If I think of something else I will let you know.

dlewis

Did it stop happening after you used it for a while?

What are you talking about? I mix the listerine right in the BT, I heard that makes your hair grow in "gud".

Don't use the listerine!!! It's a joke.

Everytime I start back to using BT it burns/itches for the first couple of applications.

Amber_moon

Don't use the listerine!!! It's a joke.

Everytime I start back to using BT it burns/itches for the first couple of applications.

Girl I know you are joking LOL. :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Maybe thats what it is... I havent used it in a while. That might be it.

SleepyJean

:laugh: Man...Some of y'all have had some crazy experiences with new hair produts. I'm glad I haven't had to experience any of this yet!

I would use some aloe.

Amber_moon

So Im back.

I didnt go home for lunch (too much stuff on my desk here) but I did go tot the restroom and splash some water on my scalp.... ( Im so glad nobody walked in.... they would think I was CRAZY) then re-arranged my hair a bit. This seemed to help a little, Im still itching... but its not BURNING like it was before.

Im not seeing any damage, but Im going to make sure that I baby my scalp the next few days. Im going to wash my hair when I get home tonight, and just use a little moisturizer on my scalp.

Thanks for everyones concern! I appreciate it.

Anybody have any ideas on what may have caused it?

hopeful

I would either take some benadryl or try some benadryl cream, it sounds like you are having an allergic reaction to the last product you used. If it were me I'd go see a derm to get a strong ointment or cream to apply to my scalp.

MochaSilk

Is there sulfur in BT? If it is, some people are sensitive/allergic to sulfur in some products. Others have use sulfur products for a long time then develop a sensitivity, ie... my DH and MTG years ago. He said the same thing about his scalp being on fire.

scribblescrabble2

So Im back.

I didnt go home for lunch (too much stuff on my desk here) but I did go tot the restroom and splash some water on my scalp.... ( Im so glad nobody walked in.... they would think I was CRAZY) then re-arranged my hair a bit. This seemed to help a little, Im still itching... but its not BURNING like it was before.

Im not seeing any damage, but Im going to make sure that I baby my scalp the next few days. Im going to wash my hair when I get home tonight, and just use a little moisturizer on my scalp.

Thanks for everyones concern! I appreciate it.

Anybody have any ideas on what may have caused it?

You might have developed an allergy to your products. It happens sometimes (And it can happen unexpectedly too). You should go to the dermatologist. In the meanwhile I agree with whoever said use benadryl cream (BTW hydrocortisone ointment will do). And you should test patch everything you used in your hair that day to figure out the culprit. I hope your scalp feels better, I have been in this predicament and it is miserable.:nono: