Sareca and Aggie...Spill the beans on the Biolage ceramides whatchamacallits

gymfreak336

Okay, so I hear yall talking about the Biolage ceramides treatments? What are they exactly, I think I know what it is but I am not sure? Are they really that slamming? How do you use them?

gymfreak336

I checked out the Biolage website just a minute ago and they have a Sleek treatment

http://www.matrixbeautiful.com/products/sleek_look/smooth_recovery.aspx

Introducing New Sleek.look Smooth Recovery™ Treatment
Discover the latest addition to the Sleek.look System! Repairs hair damaged by thermal styling and straightening. A blend of reparative ceramide, apricot and coconut oils deeply penetrates to correct damage and replenish hair from the inside. Hair is left deeply repaired, silky smooth, soft, shiny and sleek with all day humidity protection.

Straight…inside and out.
Step 2 - Condition

• The first reparative product from Sleek.look
• Intensive hair treatment deeply penetrates to help repair damage from thermal styling, straightening and environmental stress
• Step 2: Use after shampooing, leave on 2-3 minutes, then rinse
• Always follow with Sleek.look Conditioner to seal cuticle for optimal smoothness
• Should be used as a weekly treatment, pack includes a 5-week supply

This sounds good.

sareca

Hang on a sec and let me find the thread that turned me on to no-lye and ceramides...

ETA
Here is http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=131270

I tried a couple Dom products that have ceramides and it wasn't the same as my fortifying leave-in. :nono: I :love3: that stuff.

I also tried the hydrathérapie Cera-Repair® at-home treatment. I wasn't impressed until I DC'd for an hour with heat and :wow:

Last edited:

natieya

Hang on a sec and let me find the thread that turned me on to no-lye and ceramides...

ETA

I tried a couple Dom products that have ceramides and it wasn't the same as my fortifying leave-in. :nono: I :love3: that stuff.

I also tried the hydrathérapie Cera-Repair® at-home treatment. I wasn't impressed until I DC'd for an hour with heat and :wow:

Fortifying leave in??? Do tell! :grin:

gymfreak336

ETA

Thanks. I am looking at getting the salon version. I might saw what the heck and get both.

Aggie

ETA

Isn't this the truth Sareca?

Hey Gymfreak, girl, ceramides are awesome. They're not proteins but they act in the capacity of proteins without hardening the hair, in fact, they soften the hair more than anything while providing it with strength.

What's so strange is that I had them for over a year and not using them without any degree of frequency until I read an earlier post here about it's benefits, then I decided to DC with them. And the results are amazing. I sometimes Dc with a mixture of the fortetherapie and the hydratherapie, i.e. (strength and moisture ceramides). If you add about 3 or 4 few drops of SAA to the mix, your hair will turn out really silky.

I do have the professional ones as well but I haven't DC-ed with them as yet, so I guess that would be included in my next DC session. I'll let you know how it turned out.

Once you try them you will love them.

Isis

This is interesting. Not sure how I missed the previous threads but I'll read them now! :)

ETA: So far, I see that Humectress, which I've been using all along, does have ceramides but Humectin, which I've used this past year, does not. :scratchch

Last edited:

ajenee

Hello everyone, i went to ulta today and picked up the home version of this product. I just have a few quick questions. Do I need to clarify first and then use this product and also just wanted to make sure it was okay to deep condition w/this or should I use a separate deep conditioner afterwards. Thanks in advance

Aggie

Hello everyone, i went to ulta today and picked up the home version of this product. I just have a few quick questions. Do I need to clarify first and then use this product and also just wanted to make sure it was okay to deep condition w/this or should I use a separate deep conditioner afterwards. Thanks in advance

Ajenee, you'd only need to clarify your hair if you have quite a bit of build-up in it. I usually clarify my hair every 2 to 3 weeks because I co-wash and I moisturize my hair daily.

As for how to use it - the instructions on the box says to put on for 3 - 5 minutes but I leave it on with heat for 20 - 30 minutes, then I sometimes but not always proceed to use a deep moisturizing conditioner for an additional 30 minutes or so. It is not absolutely necessary to Dc again with a moisturizing conditioner afterwards. The ceramides do an awesome job of softening and strengthening the hair all by itself. I personally like the extra moisture of DC-ing when I'm stretching my relaxers.

ajenee

Thanks for your help. I have been having some problems w/my moisture levels lately and I hope this works.:look:

Dposh167

It is not absolutely necessary to Dc again with a moisturizing conditioner afterwards. The ceramides do an awesome job of softening and strengthening the hair all by itself.

I can definitely agree with this. Ive tried both (a dc afterwards and no DC) and i've come up with great results both ways!

JerriBlank

errrmmm...so i just bought some of this stuff from www.ariva.com :look::perplexed:ohwell:
free shipping ladies!!(gotta justify it somehow)...

Edit: I ordered the Hydra therapy when i meant to order the Fortifying on einsetad. I just called and asked them to switch them,but just in case,what does each one do?

Last edited:

Dposh167

If we can't, is there a difference in the in home treatment and salon? I'm hoping it's just the size :grin:

from what i've read (regarding product information and articles online); the salon version is slightly more intense than the home version.

but i could be wrong cuz i never tried the salon version. so i don't know its comparison to the home one. but the home version is still good now!:grin:

It~Can~Grow

Last question, pinky swear, how do you use? I mean, I got the biggest head and hand and I just use up everything in sight.

I'm gettin the shakes just thinking about using something that comes in a "vile" or a ".5 oz" container :lachen:

Please, ladies...how do you mix or apply to your hair so you're not using a tube for 1 outta 6 sections? :yep:

Dposh167

Last question, pinky swear, how do you use? I mean, I got the biggest head and hand and I just use up everything in sight.

I'm gettin the shakes just thinking about using something that comes in a "vile" or a ".5 oz" container :lachen:

Please, ladies...how do you mix or apply to your hair so you're not using a tube for 1 outta 6 sections? :yep:

one little tube was enuff for my hair. and i'm shoulder. u may need a tube and half tho...depending on ur thickness. believe it or not but there's a lot of product in that lil tube. it may not look like it. but i didn't think it would be enuff for my hair and it was more than i needed actually.

but for someone with longer thicker hair, i think u may have to dip into another tube:blush:

Aggie

Thanks for your help. I have been having some problems w/my moisture levels lately and I hope this works.:look:

Perhaps you could look into adding some Silk amino acids to your conditioners. It can be purchased from www.lotioncrafter.com. I got this little tip from Sareca and I gatta tell ya it works very well.

Aggie

If we can't, is there a difference in the in home treatment and salon? I'm hoping it's just the size :grin:

There is a difference in both size and intensity of the products. Now mind you, the salon version is intense but is in no way as intense as say Aphogee hardcore treatment but it is very good at restoring moisture to dry hair.

The professional version has a watery consistency while the home treatment has a more solid consistency. They are both used the same way except you leave the professional version on for double the recommended time of the home treatment.

I would recommend that persons who have a concern about protein overload use these.

Last edited:

It~Can~Grow

Ok. Thanks, Aggie for your feedback and the extra detail :yep:

There is a difference in both size and intensity of the products. Now mind you, the salon version is intense but is in no way as intense as say Aphogee hardcore treatment but it is very good at restoring moisture to dry hair.

The professional version has a watery consistency while the home treatment has a more solid consistency. They are both used the same way except you leave the professional version on for double the recommended time of the home treatment.

I would recommend that persons who have a concern about protein overload use these.

It~Can~Grow

Thanks, P167. If you say that's all I will need I'm good.

one little tube was enuff for my hair. and i'm shoulder. u may need a tube and half tho...depending on ur thickness. believe it or not but there's a lot of product in that lil tube. it may not look like it. but i didn't think it would be enuff for my hair and it was more than i needed actually.

but for someone with longer thicker hair, i think u may have to dip into another tube:blush:

sareca

This is interesting. Not sure how I missed the previous threads but I'll read them now! :)

ETA: So far, I see that Humectress, which I've been using all along, does have ceramides but Humectin, which I've used this past year, does not. :scratchch

I knew there was a reason I liked the original formula better.

bellalouise

Isn't this the truth Sareca?

Hey Gymfreak, girl, ceramides are awesome. They're not proteins but they act in the capacity of proteins without hardening the hair, in fact, they soften the hair more than anything while providing it with strength.

What's so strange is that I had them for over a year and not using them without any degree of frequency until I read an earlier post here about it's benefits, then I decided to DC with them. And the results are amazing. I sometimes Dc with a mixture of the fortetherapie and the hydratherapie, i.e. (strength and moisture ceramides). If you add about 3 or 4 few drops of SAA to the mix, your hair will turn out really silky.

I do have the professional ones as well but I haven't DC-ed with them as yet, so I guess that would be included in my next DC session. I'll let you know how it turned out.

Once you try them you will love them.

Aggie, quick question. Do you rinse the Cera formula off your hair prior to adding the DC or do you just add the DC on top of the Cera formula.

Thanks