Tips to Making Sure Your Flat Iron Does Not Singe Your Hair

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
Bumping for the "cleaning tips".
My flatirons are starting to smell and need cleaning ASAP!!.....unforutnately I forgot the cleaning method and had to look it up again.

i clean mine with an alcohol soaked cotton ball after my flatiron is cooled.

Ivey14

great advice! this is def needed especially for us flat-iron junkies....such as myself.

must.....flat...iron...hair......can't...resist...GAHHH! :rolleyes: :lachen:

Ivey14

wow 330! I am using a jilbere porcelain flat iron it goes up to 30 I'm not sure what 30 means but it's really hot so I stick to 20-25 it's still hot but it's a safe temperature and my hair is not left smoking afterwards lol!

Hey, I use the same one too. It's the inch and a half one and I also use it at 25! :) Although, honestly, I should set it a lil lower next time. I bought this flat-iron 2 weeks ago, so still getting the hang of it. I got some great results though! What about you, based on your own experience with it?

Ivey14

...I now use an electric pressing comb on 400 degrees Fahrenheit if I want to straighten my hair. It leaves my hair softer and not stiff. For some reason, flat irons make my hair kinda stiff and they smash my hair strands rather than straighten it out.

To prevent this from happening, I use a comb to separate the hair and flat iron it almost simultaneously. This spreads the hairs apart allowing the heat to better penetrate evenly and lessen the need to re-do it again.