MN USERS, and interested ladies support thread and recipes

iaec06

I wanted those ladies that use MN to post your mix here so others can try them or even offer advice on mixing and so fort. I figure since there are many of you trying it again or even for thr first time can come in this thread to check in, update your mixes and hair updates ( pics please :yep:. )also I feel that everyone has thier own opinion on using certain growth aids but for the ones not using and or not interested or just browsing please keep negative comments to yourselves thank you. I would like this thread to be positive . I FEEL IF YOU ARE GOING TO TRY MN PLEASE GIVE IT ATLEAST 2 WEEKS TO HAVE THE BEST COMPARISON BECAUSE I ALWAYS HAVE RESULTS AFTER THIS TIME FRAME .. HOWEVER IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS ( HEADACHES) WITH USING IT PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK ANY OF THE LADIES IN THIS THREAD THAT HAS POSTED WITH RESULTS ADVICE ON MAYBE TWEEKING YOUR MIX .

POST YOUR RECIPE
2 tubes Family dollar Brand MN $5.00
1/2 jar sulfur 8 grease (I think sulfur powder would be just fine for those worried about the ingredients in the grease.)
1/2 bottle bb moisterizing lotion
20 drops each rosemary and peppermint essential oil
3oz coconut oil
3oz castor oil
other oils I add are as follows
1oz shea butter oil $.99
1oz tea tree oil ^
1oz olive oil ^
1oz grape seed oil ^
and I also add a generic oil called africas best oil

this recipes makes about 4 8 oz bottles which last me a long time so when I get pms this is the only recipe I go by therefore you will have to decide your own proportions for a smaller batch ok.
Also I feel that as long as you have the MN, SULFUR, ESSENTIAL OILS, CARRIER OILS AND SOME TYPE OF MOISTERIZER .. IT SHOULD WORK
I just liek to make a whole lot because the sulfur 8 grease needs to be whipped really good and the coconut oil melted and I don't which to do this very often .

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN USING IT This is my start date and pic 08/07
COMPARISON RESULTS date and pic

10/07

HOW DO YOU APPLY IT I add this mixture to my scalp every 2 days at night

NEW GROWTH PIC

ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS OR SPECIAL NOTES YOU WISH TO ADD ABOUT YOUR MN REGIMINE Here are a few good helpful questions and ansewrs another lady asked
1. It's o.k. to heat ALL ingredients together or would that kill the properties of the MN? (I find that if I leave my coconut oil in a warm room, it does melt nicely without actually heating.) I only melt the coconut oil seperate and then I melt the SULFUR 8... I think melting the MN will ruin it for sure

2. Once the mixture is applied to the scalp, is it o.k. to then massage and rub it in? yes it is ok to massage it in I just wear a plastic cap over my head for a few hours at night to let it penetrate .. but some wommen rub it in

3. How often is the mixture applied to the scalp? Daily? Every other day? Twice a week? you can apply it as much as you want to I just do it every 2 days because I don't want too much build up

To Iae06, looks like you got an inch a month or a bit more. yes I think i got about that much or so

4. Can you explain other aspects of your regimen like shampoos/conditioner/deep conditioners/moisturizers? before i started going to the dominicans I washed every 2 weeks after i took out my cornrows.. poos i use mane and tale, CON, and panteene
clarify with nexxus
DC i use ORS replenishing pack, ORS hair mayo, alter ego garlic
moisturizing conditon- CON
leave ins - salerm 21
ladies I used either or at different washes then I would blow dry my hair ..
now I only get roller set and i relax every 6 weeks

5. Is this mixture drying? Does your scalp dry out? my scalp does not dry out infact i thick my scalp stays moist all day long but i natually have dry hair that is why i add so many oils and stuff.

6. Do you use any other growth aid? Topical or otherwise? I do not use any other growth aid no vitamins no shakes no nothing i have in the past but I have alwasy been a person to try one thing alone and see it effect and since the MN has gien me the most growth I have stucked with it..
I need to start taking a multi vitamin though also I DRINK 6 BOTTLES OF WATER A DAY

7. No side effects like headaches, dry scalp, dandruff? back when i first heard about MN in feduary i tried it but did not add anything to it and boy did I get headches then I was like I am going to try this again .. so I figured since everyone was making thier own MTG with all kinds of oils and stuff why not make my own mix of MN

Also I Would like to add tha I have never had any extra shedding out of the norm due to using MN however I noticed that I have to either get a relaxer sooner or attemp to tame my NG ..

Great thread!

Current Recipe:
2% Monistat (2 tablespoons)
Sulfur 8 (1 tablespoon)
Water (6 tablespoons)

Start Date:
10/16/07 http://public.fotki.com/Nicole1976/experiments-2007/dscn0010.html

Application:
I put mix into a pointy noise bottle and I apply to my scalp only.
I dont message it in.

This mix is working very well for me. In the begining I had side affects, but I kept tweaking my recipe until I got it right.

Last edited:

iaec06

Great thread!

Current Recipe:
2% Monistat (2 tablespoons)
Sulfur 8 (1 tablespoon)
Water (6 tablespoons)

Start Date:
10/16/07 http://public.fotki.com/Nicole1976/experiments-2007/dscn0010.html

Application:
I put mix into a pointy noise bottle and I apply to my scalp only.
I dont message it in.

This mix is working very well for me.
your hair is very thick girl did MN do all that wow beautiful..
I have a questions though about your mix now
how long does this mix last you ?
the reason i ask is because I think that when you add water to certain things for a period of time it becomes moldy.. now I am not sure but I will check to make sure and I will ask a friend ok.
also if there any other ladies that know for sure about this please feel free to correct this I would love to knoe aswell .

Thank you :blush:

BTW, it's the bush(Texlax) that makes it look thick.

I have a shedding problem too, that I believe I just got under control, I listed more infor on the topic in another thread (Related to weather) but In short, I think MSM does a great job for shedding.

About my mix I am not sure if the water is causing mold, I hope not :look:.

I try to apply every night(sometimes I forget) and it usually last for one week. :yep: (I get that cold/slight-tingle/breezy-feeling).

MN has definitely given my a faster growth rate, I am not sure if it helped my shedding though but I am almost ready to make it a staple :yep:

Last edited:

Coffee

Ok I started my M7 challenge on November 26th. I'm going to do it for 30 days before posting my results. I made up my mix the way I cook, I don't measure, just mixed until it looked and felt okay. Here is what I used:

1 tube FD M7
Dr. Miracles Grow Oil
Sulfer 8
Emu oil
Lavendar Oil
Rosemary/Noni Oil
Tea Tree Oil
Fantasia Moisterizing Oil
Coconut Oil
Shea Oil
Grape Seed Oil
Olive Oil
Peppermint Oil
Black Castor Oil
Carol's Daughter's Oils (3 different ones)
Surge 14

I just mixed it all together and put it in a plastic bottle with a pointed end. I part my hair and put it on my scalp and then massage it all in when I am finished. I plan on using it 3 x per week and wash & DC 2 times per week. I have a before picture, but I'm having problems trying to post it.

Last edited:

MuslimahTresses

Thanks for starting this thread. For those of us who relax, should we stop using it prior to relaxing our hair? Can we use it right after we relax or should we wait a while?

iaec06

Thanks for starting this thread. For those of us who relax, should we stop using it prior to relaxing our hair? Can we use it right after we relax or should we wait a while?
I stop using a weekk b4 my relaxer and I start using a week after my relaser HTH

iaec06

Ok I started my M7 challenge on November 26th. I'm going to do it for 30 days before posting my results. I made up my mix the way I cook, I don't measure, just mixed until it looked and felt okay. Here is what I used:

1 tube FD M7
Dr. Miracles Grow Oil
Sulfer 8
Emu oil
Lavendar Oil
Rosemary Oil
Tea Tree Oil
Fantasia Moisterizing Oil
Coconut Oil
Shea Oil
Grape Seed Oil
Olive Oil
Peppermint Oil
Castor Oil

I just mixed it all together and put it in a plastic bottle with a pointed end.
I plan on using it 3 x per week and wash & DC 2 times per week. I have a before picture, but I'm having problems trying to post it.

I like this mix very much tell me where did you ge the emu oil and how much was it

mrshicks2002

I have been using it off and on since August. I havent used it in almost three weeks since I have been wearing my hair down and still have more growth than usual at this time and I am only four weeks post. My mix consist of

family dollar MN only
castor oil
evoo oil
coconut oil
rosemary essentail oil
peppermint essentail oil
cedarwood essentail oil
thyme essential oil

ETA: This last time around I used two tubes that equals 4% to help balance with the oils.

* When I make my next mix I plan to add Pomada De Azufre, which is a 10% sulfur ointment. Even though its 10% its not in a powder form, but in a very very creamy form and I will be adding glycerin to my mix also since sulfur can be so drying. I found this at a mexican store.

Last edited:

SoOoNY

Everyone's mix is so complicated... I feel like I need to add more to mine:ohwell:... let me know what you ladies think

2 tubes of FD MN 2%
BB Growth Serum
enough Amla oil to make it a guacamole color and make it less thick.
Depending on how I feel I add Profectiv Growth Oil which has in:

Glycine Soja (Soybean Oil ) Lanolin Oil , C12-C14 Alkyl Benzoate , Olea Europaea (Fruit Oil) Olive , Triticum Vulgare Germ Oil (Wheat ) , Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut ), Simmondsia Chinensis Oil (Jojoba) , Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil (Grape) , Persia Gratissima Oil (Avocado) , Vitamin B2 , Vitamin D , Vitamin A , Vitamin E , Vitamin K , Potassium , Linum Usitassimum Seed Oil (Flax) , Equisetum Hiemale Extract Horsetail , Silk Amino Acids , Triticum Vulgare Protein Wheat , Glycine Soja Protein Soybean , Hydrolyzed Oat Protein , Hydrolysed Vegetable Protein PC-Propyl Silanetriol , Phenyl Trimethicone , Zea Mays Oil Corn , BHA , BHT , Propylparaben , Fragrance Parfum

I usually massage it but now I think I might plastic cap my head and see how that works. If someone could put a pic of how they apply it and how much they apply to it i think it might be really helpful... for me anyways!:spinning:

DaPPeR

NIBERIANGIRL
Thank you so much iaec06 for the inspiration..My MN mix is pretty much the same as yours, but without the essential oils and I apply it as a cream on the scalp. I apply every three days. Im in braids now, so if i see growth within 2 weeks (like MTG used to give, until I quit for this) I will know it truly works. Thanx! :grin:

Kacie

I just made a mix with:

1 tube Family Dollar MN
1/2 jar of Lenzi's request
About 3 tbs. BT

gorgeoushair

I have been using it off and on since August. I havent used it in almost three weeks since I have been wearing my hair down and still have more growth than usual at this time and I am only four weeks post. My mix consist of

family dollar MN only
castor oil
evoo oil
coconut oil
rosemary essentail oil
peppermint essentail oil
cedarwood essentail oil
thyme essential oil

* When I make my next mix I plan to add Pomada De Azufre, which is a 10% sulfur ointment. Even though its 10% its not in a powder form, but in a very very creamy form and I will be adding glycerin to my mix also since sulfur can be so drying. I found this at a mexican store.

I had this in my last mixture:)

iaec06

family dollar MN only
castor oil
evoo oil
coconut oil
rosemary essentail oil
peppermint essentail oil
cedarwood essentail oil
thyme essential oil

hey girl can you post a pic of the pomade de azufre so that we all can see it TIA

iaec06

Everyone's mix is so complicated... I feel like I need to add more to mine:ohwell:... let me know what you ladies think

2 tubes of FD MN 2%
BB Growth Serum
enough Amla oil to make it a guacamole color and make it less thick.
Depending on how I feel I add Profectiv Growth Oil which has in:

Glycine Soja (Soybean Oil ) Lanolin Oil , C12-C14 Alkyl Benzoate , Olea Europaea (Fruit Oil) Olive , Triticum Vulgare Germ Oil (Wheat ) , Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut  ), Simmondsia Chinensis Oil (Jojoba) , Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil (Grape) , Persia Gratissima Oil (Avocado) , Vitamin B2 , Vitamin D , Vitamin A , Vitamin E , Vitamin K , Potassium , Linum Usitassimum Seed Oil (Flax) , Equisetum Hiemale Extract Horsetail , Silk Amino Acids , Triticum Vulgare Protein Wheat , Glycine Soja Protein Soybean , Hydrolyzed Oat Protein , Hydrolysed Vegetable Protein PC-Propyl Silanetriol , Phenyl Trimethicone , Zea Mays Oil Corn , BHA , BHT , Propylparaben , Fragrance Parfum

I usually massage it but now I think I might plastic cap my head and see how that works. If someone could put a pic of how they apply it and how much they apply to it i think it might be really helpful... for me anyways!:spinning:
girl your mix is just fine .. some people prefer less products in thiers .. for example High Priestess changed her mix and it has less ingriedients but I am sure it works better for her. If it works for you then keep what you have .

QB

Hello, I just started to use mn on the 21st of November the family dollar brand I mixed it with Lenzi's Request and a little olive oil. I will post my results after 30 days.

iaec06

I just made a mix with:

1 tube Family Dollar MN
About 3 tbs. BT

girl this mix is triple serious you have a combo of 3 growth aids tha we all know work so you better keep us updated I want to see :lick:

iaec06

Hello, I just started to use mn on the 21st of November the family dollar brand I mixed it with Lenzi's Request and a little olive oil. I will post my results after 30 days.

I kno you will get good growth :yep:

Last edited:

mrshicks2002

I just made a mix with:

1 tube Family Dollar MN
About 3 tbs. BT

Wow you are not playing at all.:nono: Girl I cant wait to see your updates because with what you are using it should be something serious.:yep:

Happy Growing!

lilamae

MN
Egg Yolk
Coconut oil
( in this order every 2 days) Wait... actually I put the yolk on first

Keeping it rather simple but i'm definately see results already. Comparison pics just before Xmas when I get a relaxer touch up.

lucy

question ladies, I'm new to this and have been trying to do the MN using iaec06's formula minus the essential oils. I find it a bit oily though and cannot apply as frequent as I'd like because of this. Should my mixture be really oily, or should it be tweaked. Should I just do more frequent washes in between?

mrshicks2002

question ladies, I'm new to this and have been trying to do the MN using iaec06's formula minus the essential oils. I find it a bit oily though and cannot apply as frequent as I'd like because of this. Should my mixture be really oily, or should it be tweaked. Should I just do more frequent washes in between?

Sorry but I just ETA that the last time I used two tubes of MN to help with the problem of all the oilyness. So using two tubes helped me balance it and my mixture is more like a creamy oily texture.

With using this mixture I still only wash at least once a week.

iaec06

Hi, I'm a little confused on what you are saying, but I understood the most important part about good growth. Thanks

girl major typo i did correct it though my baby was under the desk and i was typing and trying to pull her out at the same time :grin:

iaec06

MN
Egg Yolk
Coconut oil
( in this order every 2 days) Wait... actually I put the yolk on first

Keeping it rather simple but i'm definately see results already. Comparison pics just before Xmas when I get a relaxer touch up.

ok tell me about how you do all of this .. do you wash the egg out and what else TIA